Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,170 times

Advertisements

Looks like the homes of the guitar player love interest, the Bluebird waitress, and the mayoral candidate running against Connie Britton character's husband we're all houses in Edgefield in East Nashville. I knew they had been doing a lot of filming that way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 10:06 PM

263 posts, read 614,218 times
Have they used Robert's WW in any of the shows yet? I was only able to catch the first episode and didn't see Robert's in that one.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:56 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,269 times
There hasn't been any honky tonk shots. Only one reference to getting a drink at Tootsies (which was out of place). I think the honky tonks are great (and Robert's is the best)....but I'm kind of glad that a tv show is showing other parts of Nashville for a change. Although, I'm not sure how long it will be around if the ratings keep falling. I heard they were suspending filming after this week.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:04 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
They were filming at Layla's Tuesday night.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:37 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Looks like today they are set up in the parking lot in front of the Symphony behind the old Seanachie building. Not sure where they are filming.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:47 AM

230 posts, read 408,919 times
So sad if it doesn't make it! this is what I love about it.... my personal favorite kind of music:

ABC's "Nashville" - The Newest Source for Americana Music? - No Depression Americana and Roots Music

Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times
It bugs me that networks don't give a show a chance anymore. Two episodes and you're toast! Also, why do they put it up a popular long time show like CSI? There are MANY nights that there is nothing NOTHING nothing NOTHING to watch and I have like 150 channels.

Maybe we should start a petition! Vote for Nashville!

Old 10-19-2012, 10:31 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,269 times
I saw the NV sign up again at Woodland and 5th this morning...so they must be filming again in Edgefield today too. One of the houses in the Wed night episode belongs to a neighbor I know. I agree about the potential to showcase the great underground musicians that just aren't shown in most media outlets. I just don't know if there's enough of an interest in it. I've talked to several of my friends that haven't watched...and have no desire to watch. Whether it makes it or not, I do think it's a pretty good show (coming from someone who gave up on network television quite some time ago). We will just have to see how long it lasts.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
If the Bluebird does indeed become that popular, I think it would be wise to open a second location downtown, in touristland. I'm sure tourists will still seek out the original (I mean, they already do)...but I think that would mainly be the hardcore Country fans. The casual "I just want to see some live Country Music" fans would probably flock to a downtown location because of the name recognition alone.

That way I think you could satisfy the throngs of passing through tourists as well as those that want to keep something like the Bluebird more "authentic."

If there is an open spot on 2nd Ave, that would probably be more suitable than in the middle of the more bright, loud, honkytonk district on Lower Broad.
It's so hard to picture this happening. I remember several years ago Amy Kurland sold The Bluebird to the Nashville Songwriters International Assoc with the express intent to preserve it and keep it from becoming a caricature of itself, and NSAI runs it almost like a museum now.

It seems different than Puckett's, which successfully opened a downtown Nash location. To me, the thing about the Bluebird is that it's really about the song and what goes into writing songs. That's something you can't just parade out on stage at 7:30 and 9, the way you see acts at other clubs.

I guess that's part of what they're trying to cover in the Nashville show, but I'm not sure tourists understand that you won't usually see superstars in The Bluebird, but the people behind the superstars. Not sure busloads of fans will have the patience for that. I'm probably underestimating them, though.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:40 AM

201 posts, read 320,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I guess that's part of what they're trying to cover in the Nashville show, but I'm not sure tourists understand that you won't usually see superstars in The Bluebird, but the people behind the superstars. Not sure busloads of fans will have the patience for that. I'm probably underestimating them, though.
Tourists to Nashville and tourists to Hollywood expect the same things - to see somebody famous at every turn and to visit the sights that are mentioned by TV/movies/songs.

Loveless Cafe was busy on twitter selling t-shirts after Connie Britton showed up on screen wearing one.

The Bluebird should expect a bump in visitors should the show maintain it's viewership level. Likely it'll also see a bump in visitors carrying guitar cases expecting to be "discovered".

Like the old saying goes "Oh you're moving to Nashville? You must be a good waitress."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville