Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:41 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,087,991 times

Advertisements

"Nashville" starts on Wednesday night on ABC. The pilot can be seen ahead of time online at Hulu or ABC.com. I might wait . . depends on how dreary Columbus Day weekend is!

Thought I would start a new thread for people who might want to discuss the show from a local standpoint.

Here is the Trailer on YouTube:

Nashville Trailer - ABC Network - YouTube

Here's the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/NashvilleABC

And here is a recent article about the show that appeared in the Tennessean:

New TV drama 'Nashville' begins filming in Music City

By DAVE PAULSON,The Tennessean

Published August 29th, 2012 2:45 pm
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — It's 11 on a Friday night in Nashville, and all is quiet at the Econo Lodge on Brick Church Pike. A night staffer shuffles his feet through an empty hotel lobby, while its adjoining saloon, the Broken Spoke, glows in full neon glory — without a single customer at the bar.

In five minutes, things won't be so quiet.

A caravan of vehicles zooms up the drive, bringing carload after carload of people equipped with headsets, clipboards and walkie-talkies, dashing to their destinations in and around the building. Rolling cabinets and work benches take up residence in the lobby, lighting rigs and cameras fill up the fringes of the Broken Spoke, and several dozen extras wait for further instruction in the parking lot.

It's all for "Nashville," the new primetime TV drama that's set to premiere on ABC on Oct. 10 — though locals have been getting a sneak-peek all around town since March, when the show shot its pilot episode in town.

Last edited by Beretta; 10-06-2012 at 06:30 AM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 08:38 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,626 times
They were filming in Edgefield again today. They must be using a house there as a character's house on the show...

Old 10-06-2012, 06:05 AM

569 posts, read 1,424,922 times
They've filmed several times in Edgefield. I've seen them filming at Tulip Street Methodist Church and they filmed at Sky Blue Cafe. They were filming at someone's house up the street from me on Russell....but I will have to wait until it airs to see which neighbor it was. They were also filming at the 5 Spot the other night. I watched the pilot online and I thought it was pretty good. It's definitely a soap opera, but I thought it was about the best portrayal of Nashville I've seen on a tv show. There were lots of different shots of places all over town. It's kind of odd to watch them filming and then see the finished product. I've never seen that process before, but it's exciting. I haven't seen any shots of East Nashville yet, but I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:01 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgefield D View Post
I haven't seen any shots of East Nashville yet, but I'm curious to see how it turns out.
This is my favorite take so far:

ABC's new country music drama Nashville takes Music City to prime time. Will Nashville recognize itself? | Cover Story | Nashville Scene

I especially love the Vandy professor's quote about East Nashvillians' reactions when they see the show. I can't repeat it here, but he thinks this show will be the beginning of the end of East Nasty.

I'm pretty sure it will be a campy soap opera, as Edgefield said, just set in Nashville.

I keep wondering how Faith Hill feels.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:01 AM

Yeah....Wmns, I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it. I saw what the Vandy guy said. I find the whole "hipster" thing kind of funny. Are there hipsters in East Nashville?...sure, but if East Nashville is anything...it's one big pot of every kind of person. I'm not a hipster and neither are any of my friends (we're too old). I have no doubt that some people are probably not going be happy when they see (whatever it is). In the end....it's a tv show, made for entertainment...not a reality show. I did think the shots of Nashville (and there were a lot) were more realistic and representative of the real Nashville than other tv shows. I honestly don't think this show is going to have anymore negative effect on East Nashville than any other part of Nashville (I don't think). Of course, I don't know what the effect is going to be. I'm just going to stand back and observe.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:13 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,087,991 times
So many shows are set in CA that it's nice to have a change of location. Another ABC drama, 'Revenge' is filmed in the Hamptons and I think they do a good job, at least in the LOOK of it.

'Cheers' was one of my favorite shows, set in Boston. You rarely SAW any of Boston and of course it wasn't filmed there, but it FELT like Boston.

I had such a different idea of what Nashville was like before my first visit (2006). And 4 years later I moved here. A really well kept secret, the reality vs the reputation. Interesting to see if the show brings more people moving here . . maybe the day after it airs this board will be inundated with "Moving to Nashville, Where should I live?" posts? Maybe the housing prices in East Nashville will rise (or fall) overnight!

I just hope it's a good show . . . . the 'pedigree' is all good. Fingers crossed . . . .

PS. There is a political scene in the trailer, interior shot, very old time political - 2 floors, pillars. At very first glance it looked like a white painted version of the Hermitage hotel. Anyone know where that is???? (and maybe it's a sound stage . . )

Old 10-06-2012, 09:17 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
And there is this from the show's producer Loucas George, an indication that they are trying to get it right and might succeed.

"When I went to The Bluebird and I saw it was in a strip mall, and what it looked like, I went, 'Ugh, somebody wrote about this because it's special to them but we're gonna have to change this. And once I got in and sat down to watch the first show, I realized, 'No, that's like trying to change Mount Rushmore.' "

Old 10-06-2012, 09:27 AM

Countrygirl

I hope the housing prices in East Nashville rise ! But, who knows what kind of affect this will have on any of us (if anything).

If you are talking about the part where they were announcing one of the characters run for mayor....I was thinking it was the Schermerhorn. At least, the light fixtures look kind of the same. Most of the shots in the pilot were from actual locations.

I think you should go ahead and watch it....I'm still going to watch it again on Wednesday. It was good enough to watch it again.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:03 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
I'll definitely watch it. Anything with Powers Boothe in it is fine with me!!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:59 AM

11,632 posts, read 12,695,930 times
I watched the pilot online without the cpmmercials and enjoyed it. I recognized the outdoor shots and I think possibly they did some filming inside the capitol building (seemed like it looking from inside the big windows out) for a very brief scene? The pilot concentrated on setting up all the characters and soap opera/drama. I used to work in the recording industry and some of the drama seemed implausible, but that's to be expected. What would you guys like to see them film? I want to see a character with an ice pop from Las Paletas instead of stereotyped fried food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville