Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,475 times

Advertisements

Good news for the future of the show...

ABC’s ‘Nashville’ Gets Full Season Order - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 03:56 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
So, Barb, tell us about it! Have your scenes already been aired? Is it a lot of waiting around or is it fascinating (or somewhere in between)? Do you get fed? Can you wear your own clothes? Did you have lunch with Deacon????????????

I love the show and am so pleased it has been picked up for a full season . . .

Old 11-13-2012, 04:20 PM

620 posts, read 1,838,821 times
I'm glad to see that as well and yes, did you have lunch with Deacon??!!! Ha!!

Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
https://www.facebook.com/onlocationc...ref=ts&fref=ts is the place if you want to submit to be an extra. It's fun once or twice and fun doing a Robin Williams movie (he'd walk around shaking hands after each take, and there were like 30 takes).

Long hours, low pay, lots of waiting around.

Extras Wardrobe for "Nashville"- Season 1 for more info, but don't read if you don't want any spoiler type info. They were filing across from my house late last week late at night. Brrr!

Old 11-13-2012, 07:07 PM

11,636 posts, read 12,706,217 times
I know a couple of people who were extras on the shows. They haven't aired yet. It is doing well in the ratings.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,969,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovamos View Post
Actually pretty amazing for a city half the size of Nashville when I moved there from Nashville. Their downtown is as eclectic and intriguing as anywhere in the country, hordes of younger Californians moving there.
Seems both places are getting the Cali influx. Interestingly enough, out of all the US cities I've been to, Austin reminds me the most of Nashville. I'd just like to find the Nashville equivalent of the Magnolia Cafe! But I was glad, once I became a Dixie Chicks fan, that Austin welcomed them when Nashville was slamming them. The people there are really cool. It's just that the weather isn't.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,280,633 times
It's both fun and boring at times. When you are sitting around waiting to film, time goes slow. Once you get picked for a scene, time goes by fast and it's interesting to see how everything is done.

All the extras eat in another part of the building.

Yes, you do wear your own clothes. You have to bring a few changes of clothing. If nothing works, they have a limited supply of clothes they can lend you to wear.

I was in the first episode (pilot) and the 2nd one. It was fun to see myself on tv; now to make the big bucks! LOL

Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
You'd probably get in trouble trying to have lunch with Deacon . . . . but you have to ask yourself, "What would Juliette do?"??????????

Guess I'll have to catch him the next time he plays the Opry. Maybe there are some YouTube vids . . .

Just read this online:

BIG MACHINE RECORDS TO RELEASE SOUNDTRACK FOR ABC’S NEW HIT DRAMA “NASHVILLE” ON 12/11 – Big Machine Records will release the soundtrack for ABC Television’s new hit drama “NASHVILLE” on 12/11. The project features new music from the cast – Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, Charles Esten, Jonathan Jackson, Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio – who perform in each episode. Over 500,000 digital downloads from the breakout series have been sold to date. In conjunction with the label’s exclusive music partnership with ABC Studios, Big Machine Records released the first official single, “Telescope,” to Country radio a mere three weeks ago. Sung by Hayden Panettiere (aka Juliette Barnes), the debut single is already Top 40-and-rising and has contributed nearly 50,000 to the total sales.

TRACKLISTING:
  1. Buried Under
    Performed by Connie Britton/ Written by Chris Destefano, Natalie Hemby
  2. If I Didn’t Know Better
    Performed by Sam Palladio, Clare Bowen / Written by Arum Rae, John Paul White
  3. Undermine
    Performed by Hayden Panettiere, Charles Esten / Written by Trent Dabbs, Kacey Musgraves
  4. Sideshow
    Performed by Charles Esten / Written by Aaron Scherz, Brad Tursi
  5. Wrong Song
    Performed by Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere / Written by Marv Green, Sonya Isaacs, Jimmy Yeary
  6. No One Will Ever Love You
    Performed by Connie Britton, Charles Esten / Written by Steve McEwan, John Paul White
  7. Twist Of Barbwire
    Performed by Jonathan Jackson / Written by Elvis Costello
  8. Love Like Mine
    Performed by Hayden Panettiere / Written by Kelly Archer, Emily Shackleton, Justin Weaver
  9. Telescope
    Performed by Lennon Stella, Maisy Stella / Written by Cary Barlowe, Hillary Lindsay
  10. When The Right One Comes Along
    Performed by Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio / Written by Georgia Middleman, Justin Davis, Sarah Zimmermann
  11. Telescope (Radio Mix)
    Performed by Hayden Panettiere / Written by Cary Barlowe, Hillary Lindsay

Old 11-15-2012, 07:17 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
OK, so on last night's episode ...

I'm glad they went to some different locations.

Great use of Cheekwood for the football player/zoo benefit and indoors during Teddy's signing of the clean campaign pledge. They even went all the way to Watertown for the cafe scene with Juliette and the football player, whose name I forget but I guess he's a Peyton Manning/Tim Tebow hybrid.

Belle Meade got lots of exposure with the Coleman Carlisle traffic stop. Of course, they have their own police department, so it would be rare to have a Metro officer pull him over there.

Much more East Nashville in this one, and the "rough area" where Rayna visits Liam's studio had interesting views of downtown. I'm guessing Liam is supposed to be like Jack White.

I have to admit that Scarlett and Rayna are my favorite characters, and Deacon. The mayoral stuff feels the least authentic. It's when I feel like I'm seeing the wires, so to speak. I think they really need another bad guy/girl to spice up that part, or at least let us in a bit more on the big secret between Teddy and Kimberly Paisley. I have no idea what's going on there.

Any thoughts?

Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 AM

620 posts, read 1,838,821 times
Thanks for telling about the locations - I didn't know that was Cheekwood - where is Watertown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville