Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2017, 12:59 AM

3,114 posts, read 2,023,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Icarus 2017

Took a break from horror movies and watched this wildly fascinating documentary about the Russian doping scandal. Watched it after listening to Joe Rogan's podcast where he interviewed Bryan Fogel. I highly recommend this film.
Glad to hear that. I heard the same podcast & am looking forward to the doc. The story was almost unbelievable... secret holes in walls to deposit specimens, the James Bond methods used throughout, complete with blueprints.

Old 10-08-2017, 01:01 AM

671 posts, read 446,728 times
On tv, netflix, or a theater?

I don't do theaters. Ringworm on the seat head rests, nasty floors, Marge Simpson sitting in front of me. No thanks.

So..I have a pretty good DVD collection and I have cable and netflix. Last movie I watched was Cloud Atlas on netflix. Weird movie.

Last one I watched on dvd was The Hobbit trilogy (I watch those all the time).

Old 10-08-2017, 01:46 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,609,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Tried to sit through Mother. Made it 43-min... 20-min past the time I wanted to bail.

Plot is stupid & pointless. Michelle Pfeiffer plays a "White Oleander" mean, this time for no reason. Ed Harris is confused. Javier Bardem is miscast & there's something super cringy about him paired with Jennifer Lawrence, one of my least fave actresses of all time. And, if I have to look at Jen's giant forehead & basketball round face once again, I'm going to punch through the screen.

I've had a horrible week. I was looking to escape from it for a moment or 2. This just made me furious. Drivel of a film. I don't know how it ends & oh, my god I don't care.
I saw an ad that say you will either love or hate it, I have only heard people say hate.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
On tv, netflix, or a theater?
Your decision. I've listed TV series I've seen. No one's objected. The OP had 1 post in 2009, then disappeared. But, thanks to Frank Lampard, we're continuing 8-1/2 yrs later, which is amazing. I hope he knows what impact he's had. Come back, Frank!

Quote:
I don't do theaters... Marge Simpson sitting in front of me. No thanks.
LOL. I strictly do home movie viewing, as well. My biggest woe has always been women with screaming newborns sitting behind me & a theatre so full, I can't move anywhere else to get away.

Quote:
Last one I watched on dvd was The Hobbit trilogy (I watch those all the time).
I was surprised how much I liked the LOTRs movies, since I don't normally like sci-fi, period pieces or fantasy. #2 still scares the bloody life out of me. Good Halloween season films.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:17 AM

11 posts, read 6,695 times
Just finished watching The Chronicles of Naria series. Can't believe this thread started in 2009.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:38 PM

37,313 posts, read 59,977,052 times
Just saw "The Mountain Between Us"
Hopefully will forget how trite it was very soon...
Difficult to believe Winselt who has serious chops and Elba who wants to be Bond would sign on for something as lame...

Old 10-10-2017, 04:14 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,960,029 times
Train to Busan 2015

Korean horror is on point. Love this movie!

Old 10-10-2017, 06:01 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,434,208 times
Heaven's Gate, the 3 1/2 hour version, Part I. We watched the first dvd yesterday when it was snowing. Hopefully, we'll get around to watching the second one. We keep wondering what the plot is.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
Heaven's Gate, the 3 1/2 hour version, Part I. We watched the first dvd yesterday when it was snowing. Hopefully, we'll get around to watching the second one. We keep wondering what the plot is.
Hahaha. You know, I want to see it, too, despite it being labeled one of the worst, if not the worst movie of all time. There are so many great actors in it, I just have to see it. Same with Reds, which had a terrible reputation, as well. The only flaw there might be casting Diane Keaton, who I find to be an awful actress, but it will still be worth a watch.

Did you ever see the Russian film called Russian Ark, an epic film shot in 1 take? If you don't mind long movies, it's a breathtaking film just for costuming & cinematography alone. I've never seen it all... many years ago it played late night on PBS & I tuned in just for the last bit. Oh & there's a documentary on the making of the film, which is incredibly interesting. You can find it free on YTube, if you're so inclined.

The trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv-AJ1pqE2Y

The doc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORMTAKh4NHI

Old 10-11-2017, 12:45 PM

165 posts, read 146,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Just saw "The Mountain Between Us"
Hopefully will forget how trite it was very soon...
Difficult to believe Winselt who has serious chops and Elba who wants to be Bond would sign on for something as lame...
Whenever I see big actors doing roles like that, I always wonder if they agreed to make that movie, so the studio would back a project they REALLY wanted to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.