Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 11:03 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,412,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
*edit* also, if you've only seen The Big Lebowski once, I would recommend seeing again before writing it off.

That reminded me of one: The Fabulous Baker Boys

To me, that movie was a total waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 11:03 AM

29,814 posts, read 34,714,938 times
Quote:
I thought that the first Hunger Games movie was surprisingly good. now with the sequel (whether there was always supposed to be sequels or not) I fear that it may have stepped into the realm of the "franchise" where it becomes less about making a good movie, and more about churning out what nerds and lemmings want or demand.
Well, in the case of the Hunger Games, I'm sure the nerds and lemmings want the movie to stay as close to the books as possible. It can't go too far off the rails that way.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,685,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Several which would be on my list have already been mentioned, I was happily surprised to see so many who share my negative view of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I made it through about twenty minutes of the first one before giving up. Because it was such a huge success, I tried it again some time later...made it through about 15 minutes that time.

Not mentioned yet is "The English Patient" .
LOTR was so interminable...it was just...uck. It was too long. Too much useless crap. Weird people floating around having weird, pointless conversations. I think they were so enthralled with the location they were shooting in that they felt like they had to just keep shooting.

OMG.

I watched all 3 and I don't know how. When I try to watch them again (if they are on tv), my eyes glaze over and I dream of poking myself in the eye with a shrimp fork.

English Patient...omg...again...what the heck...? Endless...

I am glad people have mentioned the Clint Eastwood films. I think the same about John Wayne movies.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:06 AM

29,814 posts, read 34,714,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
LOTR was so interminable...it was just...uck. It was too long. Too much useless crap. Weird people floating around having weird, pointless conversations. I think they were so enthralled with the location they were shooting in that they felt like they had to just keep shooting.
I actually enjoyed LOTR because it meant that I actually knew what the heck was going on and I never had to attempt to read the books ever again.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post

But come on, whoever said Godfather is tripping.
I don't know what it is, but I find any mob-related movie to be mind-numbingly boring.
You have to care a little bit about what's going on, and I just cannot care. That subject
matter is thrilling and fascinating to other people, but for whatever reason is completely
boring to me.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:47 AM

15,707 posts, read 10,513,208 times
All rom-coms. Can't stand them, any of them.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:57 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,619,474 times
Quote:
Dazed and Confused.

there is NOTHING funny in that movie. It IS supposed to be a comedy, right?
Co-signed. I don't know how this got such a big following, it's almost literally a movie about nothing.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:09 PM

4,287 posts, read 3,823,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Co-signed. I don't know how this got such a big following, it's almost literally a movie about nothing.
I think movies like this require you to be able to relate somehow in order to enjoy them. I love this movie and reminds me of my high school days a little which is why I enjoy it.

As far as a movie about nothing that has such a big following...the show Seinfeld comes to mind. Isnt that the one show that is about nothing and is one of the most popular shows of all time?

Old 12-18-2013, 12:30 PM

304 posts, read 1,022,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHuskies630 View Post
Blade Runner
I am a Ridley Scott/sci-fi fan but I just could not get into this film either!

Old 12-18-2013, 12:44 PM

I love SciFi, I love Harrison Ford, but Blade Runner...I have tried so many times to watch it!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies