Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 07:43 PM

692 posts, read 1,010,257 times

Advertisements

Anchorman
Ted
Interview With A Vampire
The Unforgiven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 07:52 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,780,707 times
Goodfellas- Who would have thought that a script containing only one single word (f**k) repeated over and over again, ad nauseam, would have been so popular.

I second the person above who said "anything with Adam Sandler".

I haven't been to a movie theater since 1998 because very little of it interests me anymore. For the few and far between movies that I do want to see, I can easily wait for it to come out on DVD.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:17 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,953,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
Dazed and Confused.

there is NOTHING funny in that movie. It IS supposed to be a comedy, right?
No, it is not suppose to be a comedy, I guess not a comedy in a way like Adam Sandler tries to be or something, Anchorman, or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I think movies like this require you to be able to relate somehow in order to enjoy them. I love this movie and reminds me of my high school days a little which is why I enjoy it.

As far as a movie about nothing that has such a big following...the show Seinfeld comes to mind. Isnt that the one show that is about nothing and is one of the most popular shows of all time?
Exactly. Many people will not "get" this movie because they cannot relate at all, they did not have even close to the same high school experience.

As I mentioned on another thread, Dazed & Confused is about as close to how high school was for me than any other movie. So it that way, it was entertaining watching the characters and events, and relating them to people I knew and things I did.

Last edited by boxus; 12-21-2013 at 08:28 PM..

Old 12-22-2013, 07:21 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,607,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Goodfellas- Who would have thought that a script containing only one single word (f**k) repeated over and over again, ad nauseam, would have been so popular.
Hah -- I love this film, but then I've only seen the cleaned-up broadcast version - not an f-word in sight! Scorsese might not like it, but I did!

Here's another vote for (against?) Anchorman. I gave it 30 min. I tried. Then switched the channel.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,672,904 times
Star Wars. Not my thing.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:41 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,412,251 times
The Bangor Sisters
Beetlejuice
The First Wives Club
Thelma and Louise
Prince of Tides
Legends of the Fall
Midnight Cowboy
Pretty much ALL Steven Seagal and Jean-Claude Van Damme movies, too!

Old 12-22-2013, 02:52 PM

26,959 posts, read 27,229,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Pulp Fiction
I wanted to walk out. I still can't see a picture of Uma Thurman without thinking of that scene.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:53 PM

89 posts, read 157,324 times
The Boondock Saints: Many of my peers say it's a great film, but it's only an average crime film. The majority of the film is just dumb, and I found it a chore to watch.

Anchorman: Just not my type of humor. The sequel looks equally as atrocious, and I'm really sick of seeing commercials of it.

Forrest Gump: I don't hate this movie, but I think it's definitely overrated. Pulp Fiction deserved best picturethat year.

Star Wars (all of them. Even the old ones): All the movies are equally awful, even the old ones that everyone thinks are flawless. Bad acting, bad storyline and an over-reliance of special effects. I would much rather watch Star Trek any day.

Old 12-22-2013, 03:18 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,186,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
Give the film Bernie a shot. It stars Jack Black (along with Shirley MacLaine & Matthew McConaughey).
This was a "flop" I really did love. Jack basically completely dissolves into this role--you don't even realize it's him (noms for Golden Globe & Independent Spirit Award). I think it was a flop since it was a very "Texas-centric" film, & just not something for the masses. One of my top ten films.
I can't do it. Jack Black bugs me to no end. I have the movie "The Holiday" which I love except for any scene he's talking in.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:16 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
The Bangor Sisters
Beetlejuice
The First Wives Club
Thelma and Louise
Prince of Tides
Legends of the Fall
Midnight Cowboy
Pretty much ALL Steven Seagal and Jean-Claude Van Damme movies, too!
I don't really dislike the movies on your list that I've seen, but I too find them to be a bit overrated.

but seriously though, in keeping with the point of this tread can I ask you one question? who is GIVING PRAISE to Steven Seagal and Jean-Claude Van Damme movies? honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies