Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 AM

22,930 posts, read 28,302,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Someone said it's Nolan so they are not worried. I used to feel that way about Raimi until producer interference turned Spiderman 3 into a giant mess. [/spoiler]
I'm not in the "Nolan can do no wrong" boat. I loved the last Batflick and liked his first one. I loved Insomnia. The rest of his work ... very hit and miss.

Nolan is a master of cinematography and setting up a shot. Probably second only to Ridley Scott in that regard. His plots are great. He does great chase scenes. His fight scenes are an incoherent mess and completely uinteresting.

But something I've noticed about all of the Batman films, even going back to Tim Burton: The villains are always the most interesting thing in the movie. Batman himself is kind of bland. Even Nolan hasn't managed to escape this. And I'm not sure why this is, since in the comics, Batman is always just as interesting if not moreso than his enemies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,920,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
i loved bane when they first introduced him. But it was a massive story arc through several comic books and the story was fantastic. You can't really do it justice in one movie, imo. After his initial apperance though, he was kind of pointless.

Someone said it's nolan so they are not worried. I used to feel that way about raimi until producer interference turned spiderman 3 into a giant mess.

There's a theory floating around that
Spoiler
jgl will be the "next batman". Batman can be looked at as being most important as a symbol so others could wear the cowl. Just so long as it's not jean paul valley.
Spoiler
I'm sorry, but who's JGL?

Old 05-02-2012, 10:27 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,762,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

The Dark Knight Rises - Official Trailer #3 [HD] - YouTube

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! YES!

Can't wait!
It's eerie and silent in many places. That eerieness reminds me of the shot of the Joker hanging out of the police car in The Dark Knight. A very good trailer in my opinion!

Old 05-02-2012, 11:59 AM

22,930 posts, read 28,302,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Spoiler
I'm sorry, but who's JGL?
Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Joseph Gordon Levitt.
Oh.....

Old 05-02-2012, 01:44 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,005,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post

I dont really like how bane looks in the shots i have seen. Technically he should be HUGE with unnatural bulging muscles since he injects himself with some secret serum that gives him super strength. I know Im being picky but im a comic book nerd

I also dont think anne hathaway will make a good catwoman. I like her as an actress, just not as a catwoman.
Considering this is a more realistic interpretation of Batman, did you really expect him to be some muscle bound freak?

I also thought the mask was for pain rather than super strength. I've never read the comics but that is how I understood it.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:31 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,686,819 times
The mask he wears pumps the venom directly into his brain. Without the mask he dies because the mask distributes the venom equally, since he almost died the first time he was injected with the venom.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,630,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Considering this is a more realistic interpretation of Batman, did you really expect him to be some muscle bound freak?

I also thought the mask was for pain rather than super strength. I've never read the comics but that is how I understood it.
In the comics, his mask had a delivery system built into it which pumped Venom (the drug) directly into his brain. He had to take it at least every twelve hours since they addicted him to it in prison.

I could swear that I remember Jean Paul Valley ripping out the tube during the Knightquest: The Crusade story arc but I may be getting it mixed up with The Animated Series.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:56 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,537,390 times
Nolan can do no wrong.

It is written.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:06 PM

Just two more days....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies