Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2012, 01:02 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
..........................I did feed the deer a few tortillas once just to get them to come close enough to get a photo.. but I dont do that anymore. But we have a neighbor that feeds them almost everyday.

........................Hey Ma............

It may be appropriate to advise your neighbor,.....that: "It is definitely "a violation against the FIsh & Game Department"s Regulations" to feed Deer, Bears and any other form of WildLife In Montana!!!

The neighbor "can & will be issued a citation" if they are informed of this situation...............Just a couple of photos of the proof is all that is needed.

Just thought you'd like to know...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 11:47 PM

225 posts, read 303,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post

........................Hey Ma............

It may be appropriate to advise your neighbor,.....that: "It is definitely "a violation against the FIsh & Game Department"s Regulations" to feed Deer, Bears and any other form of WildLife In Montana!!!

The neighbor "can & will be issued a citation" if they are informed of this situation...............Just a couple of photos of the proof is all that is needed.

Just thought you'd like to know...........
Thanks Griz.
I was informed that it was against the law... AFTER I had taken the photos. And it was explained to me the why. I also read a news article about how the wolves and mountain lions were coming into town because the people were feeding the deer. They were just following their natural instincts and following the game trails... which were going to the places where people put food out.
Makes sense.
I wasnt used to living around wildlife and I didnt really stop to consider the consequences of feeding deer. Even just a few tortilla chips.
Land lady said she is going to have a talk with the old man.

After this, I am definitely going to buy a gun as soon as I am financially able. Just havent decided if I want .22 or a 30/30. Hmmmm

Old 02-12-2012, 05:47 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Default Making your own cheese, Montana style

Cultures Of Corruption*|*The Spoon

Old 02-14-2012, 09:36 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Hi neighbors?
Is it spring in your part of Montana?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:08 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Hi neighbors?
Is it spring in your part of Montana?

Must be spring, only got another couple of inches of snow this morning on top of the 4-5 inches we got Friday

Had to buy another cord of wood as my pile was just about gone, and I don't see any improvement in the weather for the next couple of months or so.

The roads are icy, we have an inversion with poor air quality.

A buddy of mine in Bozeman could hardly see the road to get home because of blowing/drifting snow last night.

There has been flooding in Townsend because of ice dams.

Sounds like spring to me...

Old 02-14-2012, 10:26 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Some people, and I won't mention any 7's, are bragging about no snow in the forecast and 40 degree temps all week. Others, like myself, are looking at 50% chance today and 70% chance tonight. Then, more snow on Thursday/Friday.

Don't expect it to last, at least I hope not. Think about this. If we are 30° warmer than normal, what happens this summer and we're 30° warmer?????

This winter has been absolutely nuts.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 PM

Hey that ride through Glacier was a bit interesting....
Neighbors, I have relocated off the prairie. The oil business was getting just too busy for me, just thought I would pass it along. On the west side now.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Some people, and I won't mention any 7's, are bragging about no snow in the forecast and 40 degree temps all week. Others, like myself, are looking at 50% chance today and 70% chance tonight. Then, more snow on Thursday/Friday.

Don't expect it to last, at least I hope not. Think about this. If we are 30° warmer than normal, what happens this summer and we're 30° warmer?????

This winter has been absolutely nuts.
Not bragging but just saying,,,,,18 hours later I went from -22 to +48

Old 02-14-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Walter I see "farmhouse cheese" called for in many things, glad to at least now know what the heck it is...now I know hogshead cheese

Old 02-14-2012, 01:11 PM

203 posts, read 496,569 times
Default ummm wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Coffee's on.

Took a drive yesterday to see what is causing this flooding. Went up 14 to 14A and this is what I found.

There are more pictures in my album.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...e-14-2011.html

I am sure this is a dead subject, but I wanted to say that in PA, we can get 3 inches of snow and the roads will never look that cleared. Just saying. I am impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana