Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 03:19 PM

90 posts, read 247,627 times

Advertisements

Oh Miami. It was one of the best cities. I remember Woolworth's down in Perrine and how about that repitle place with the big snake out front on US1 and 126th. Who remember's the story of the little boy who fell in the alligator pit? That story was huge.
Roller skating place by the Falls.
Is Monkey Jungle still down in Homestead??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 03:46 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,126,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferashley99 View Post
Oh Miami. It was one of the best cities. I remember Woolworth's down in Perrine and how about that repitle place with the big snake out front on US1 and 126th. Who remember's the story of the little boy who fell in the alligator pit? That story was huge.
Roller skating place by the Falls.
Is Monkey Jungle still down in Homestead??
Monkey Jungle is still in the Redland, on 216 Street. The reptile place was the Serpentarium.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:48 PM

20 posts, read 102,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Ocean World?
THAT'S IT! Thank you. tha was killing me. I used to love Planet Ocen too. they had that chunk of iceberg and real research submarines that you could explore. That building is now Mast Academy on Virgina Key.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:56 AM

289 posts, read 450,456 times
Anyone remember Captain Crab? Way down south by/past the Cutler Ridge Mall. We'd buy crabs by the pound or something. They came in the same containers that popcorn comes in at the movies.

Yum...drooling just thinking about it. Then you'd get home and smash the crabs, eat and enjoy.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:23 PM

224 posts, read 1,001,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box*of*rain View Post
Anyone remember Captain Crab? Way down south by/past the Cutler Ridge Mall. We'd buy crabs by the pound or something. They came in the same containers that popcorn comes in at the movies.

Yum...drooling just thinking about it. Then you'd get home and smash the crabs, eat and enjoy.
There is still one around by the 79th St Causeway...

Their specialty was Garlic Blue Crabs I think... It was awesome...

Capt Crab's Take-Away

1100 Northeast 79th Street, Miami, FL
(305) 754-2722‎

Old 01-11-2010, 12:32 PM

289 posts, read 450,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman33 View Post
There is still one around by the 79th St Causeway...

Their specialty was Garlic Blue Crabs I think... It was awesome...

Capt Crab's Take-Away

1100 Northeast 79th Street, Miami, FL
(305) 754-2722‎
Thanks. Wonder if I still like the taste of them...

Old 01-15-2010, 08:17 AM

177 posts, read 571,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuag995 View Post
THAT'S IT! Thank you. tha was killing me. I used to love Planet Ocen too. they had that chunk of iceberg and real research submarines that you could explore. That building is now Mast Academy on Virgina Key.

Planet Ocean : one of Florida's Lost Tourist Attractions

Old 01-15-2010, 08:49 AM

177 posts, read 571,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblanco22 View Post
Bobadas, they actually razed that entire shopping plaza/mini-mall where the Lila's was on Coral Way and 87th Avenue. Home Depot going up there now, I believe.

How sad, I used the love the steaks covered in french fries at Lila's.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:41 PM

38 posts, read 342,942 times
How about Taco Viva? Yes, waaaay before taco bell

Pirates on Coral Way?? loved going there for kids b-day parties growing up

The OMNI Mall had a great arcade complex with a merry go round and a movie theatre that I loved going to... my aunt used to take me there

Lila's Restaurant on Coral Way next to JByrons? best avocado salad ever!

Woolworth's in Downtown? used to take the bus to go there with my grandma and then she would buy me pizza and a soda

Pantry Pride supermarkets? Xtra Supermarkets? Grand Union Supermarkets? had a grand union on 11 street & 37 avenue

LOL...

How about Six Flags Atlantis??? The only water park in this area for years... Still never had another come up... STILL MISS IT!

Zayre's in Westchester? My Zayre was on NW 7 street & 37 Avenue!

Anyone used to go Diamonds on 57ave and NW 7st to get materials for projects?? ALL THE TIME!!!!!

Old 01-19-2010, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 8,093 times
Default North Dade?

New to the site - did anyone here live in North(east) Dade? Most of the posts refer to SW locations. I grew up in Biscayne Park, North Miami, and then Cooper City, and wonder if people remember stuff from the N/NE, like 163rd Street Mall, Cloverleaf Bowling Alley, Carvel Ice Cream on West Dixie, La Paloma, Carino's, Corky's, mini-golf near Golden Glades??

Any others from this area? Parts of North Miami have changed a lot over the years but old standards like Red, White, and Blue and Here Comes the Sun remain - just visited those two over Xmas break from school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami