Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 07:03 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuag995 View Post
YESSSS! Another place I miss very much, Biscayne Cafeteria on Miracle Mile. I think it closed in 2001 and I think it the same staff was working there at the time. .
This place was good, its a shame all these places with such history didn't survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 09:26 PM

289 posts, read 450,496 times
Godfathers Pizza (next to the Zayres on 136th and US 1)

The Village Mall? Someone mentioned it earlier. Was that 97th and Kendall? If so, the magazine store was called Front Page. There was also the Jock Shop. A pet store that always had a hamster rolling around in one of those plastic balls everytime I’d go in. Also a Chinese Restaurant there…can’t remember the name. And a Carvel. And a crafts store of some sort. Or maybe it was just a frame shop. Oh….was it called The Frame Shop? Holy ****.

Kelly’s Seafood on 107th also had those mini sorbet ice-cream cones in between courses. That was my FAVORITE restaurant as a kid.

I was on a local kids tv show in the late 70s called Duck Duck Goose.
The Sunday Funnies on tv Sunday morning. Bunch of kids reading the comics from the Sunday paper.

Octavianos Gymnastics in the warehouses across from The Falls. Might still be there though.

Sea Shanty across from UM (think it was in a hotel).

Gloria’s Palace

Peaches Music Store.

Fedco on Kendall Dr, just west of 97th Ave.

Julie's...a girls clothing store in the warehouses on 117th and maybe 112th? (Not great with streets/directions/addresses/etc)

Old 11-11-2009, 10:57 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,743 times
I am so jealous you were on Duck Duck Goose. I wanted to be on that show so badly when I was a little kid.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:59 PM

289 posts, read 450,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
I am so jealous you were on Duck Duck Goose. I wanted to be on that show so badly when I was a little kid.
YAY!! So glad someone remembered it! I'm going to google it now....I have a feeling it's one of those things that's so ancient and rare that it's ungoogable.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by box*of*rain View Post
YAY!! So glad someone remembered it! I'm going to google it now....I have a feeling it's one of those things that's so ancient and rare that it's ungoogable.
It is. I looked for it a while back and thought I must be crazy for remembering it but I know I watched it every morning before school and wanted to be on it so badly. Maybe it will show up on You Tube someday.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:21 PM

20 posts, read 102,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs08 View Post
I remember a place in that mall called R&R donuts, and a wise-cracking lady named Sue behind that counter...that ring a bell?
I remember R&R Donuts but not the staff.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:26 PM

WOW! Duck Duck Goose! I remember Toby the Robot on Sunday Funnies. The little store that held Fedco is still there but its a Navarro now.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:59 PM

261 posts, read 704,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box*of*rain View Post
Godfathers Pizza (next to the Zayres on 136th and US 1)

The Village Mall? Someone mentioned it earlier. Was that 97th and Kendall? If so, the magazine store was called Front Page. There was also the Jock Shop. A pet store that always had a hamster rolling around in one of those plastic balls everytime I’d go in. Also a Chinese Restaurant there…can’t remember the name. And a Carvel. And a crafts store of some sort. Or maybe it was just a frame shop. Oh….was it called The Frame Shop? Holy ****.

Kelly’s Seafood on 107th also had those mini sorbet ice-cream cones in between courses. That was my FAVORITE restaurant as a kid.

I was on a local kids tv show in the late 70s called Duck Duck Goose.
The Sunday Funnies on tv Sunday morning. Bunch of kids reading the comics from the Sunday paper.

Octavianos Gymnastics in the warehouses across from The Falls. Might still be there though.

Sea Shanty across from UM (think it was in a hotel).

Gloria’s Palace

Peaches Music Store.

Fedco on Kendall Dr, just west of 97th Ave.

Julie's...a girls clothing store in the warehouses on 117th and maybe 112th? (Not great with streets/directions/addresses/etc)
Peaches and Fedco...wow!

Anyone remember Sentry Drugs on Kendall west of 137th? I loved that place...despite the fact there was a cartel-related shotgun driveby right outside of it...other than that, the cocaine cowboys didn't leave that violent a mark on West Kendall

Old 11-12-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs08 View Post
Peaches and Fedco...wow!

Anyone remember Sentry Drugs on Kendall west of 137th? I loved that place...despite the fact there was a cartel-related shotgun driveby right outside of it...other than that, the cocaine cowboys didn't leave that violent a mark on West Kendall
Yes, my grandmother was good friends with the pharmasist at Sentry Drugs. I loved that mall. I used to live in El Conquistador next door. There was a Pantry Pride where the KMart is now but the rest of the mall is gone and replaced by El Dorado and other shops that look like warehouses. I remember at the Publix mall across the way there was a kid's store name Peppermint Patties, a Godfathers Pizza, A fish market named Grumpy Grouper. Remember Mi PI Pizza? I wonder if Kendale Lakes Elementary still puts ice on the side of their big hill around the holidays to mimic snow. The kids would make snowballs out of them but since it was chopped ice, it stung like crazy when you got smaked in the face. That was a fun school.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:59 PM

Speaking of Kendall, does anyone remember Kendall Academy and if so did anyone attend? I believe they shut down in the early 80's but I could be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami