Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Is it really that much to move over for a few seconds, then get back to the left once the speed demon passes?

Angry drivers will often yank over to the right lane to pass there. It can be very dangerous to move over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 11:07 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Actually it is...it can be dangerous...... Hence why these types of drivers are the ones who need to get punished...these are the unhinged folks that aren't even fit to be behind the wheel.
If the egregious drivers were ticketed, the state would benefit because most people will pay the ticket to keep their registration legit.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:13 AM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
If the egregious drivers were ticketed, the state would benefit because most people will pay the ticket to keep their registration legit.
I often wonder if some of these folks are on drugs or maybe their license/reg is already revoked for similar offenses/incidents and they're still driving anyway. I think there needs to be harsher penalties besides ticketing. Maybe 30 day license suspension for first offense of reckless driving and then steeper for any subsequent offenses.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:23 AM

5,091 posts, read 2,654,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Wow, that is a bizarre way of thinking to me that anyone should move simply because someone comes up behind them going fast. I personally am not trying to slow anyone down...but I also don't want be stuck behind someone going 55 in the other lane. Why should someone get the hell over simply because someone else is so impatient.

I guess I can see why there are so many accidents happening out there. I think a lot of people get pissed off when someone does rush up behing them beeping and flashing high beams. It also often is the reason people don't move.
If you're behind someone else then obviously you wouldn't move, but if you're the first one in line and have a 1/2 mile clear in front of you, move. If you ain't passing, you have no business there. Not sure where you get it's a way of thinking. It's the law.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:31 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
It's almost like the folks going egregiously over (like 90-100+)....lots of times it's the Trumpie Truck folks....they think they're kings of the road. If someone is going 80 mph in the passing lane and IS passing folks in the right then I see no reason why they should have to move over for the Trumpie Truck a*hole who wants to go 100mph and cause a reckless crash. It's the Trumpie Truck a**hole that needs to get pulled over and ticketed.
^It wouldn't let me rep you again, so quick reply instead. While I fully agree with the above, I firmly believe the road / highway especially at high speeds is not the place to show who's right / who's wrong. I'd rather take the attitude, "to hell with 'em" and just move over. I figure the offending driver has likely done this before, and will again, and will get nailed eventually.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:33 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,401,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Angry drivers will often yank over to the right lane to pass there. It can be very dangerous to move over.
This wouldn’t be an issue if you weren’t driving in the passing lane to begin with…

Old 03-04-2024, 11:36 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,401,647 times
Quote:
Trumpie Truck A Hole
Do you feel differently when it’s suburban Karen in her Tesla, or one of my Cambridge neighbors in their Subaru, or one of the many other pointless stereotypes you might apply here?

Old 03-04-2024, 11:42 AM

16,302 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Is it really that much to move over for a few seconds, then get back to the left once the speed demon passes?
if the road is crowded there isnt always anywhere to move over!

Old 03-04-2024, 11:44 AM

16,302 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I think things would be much easier if people just drove the speed limit for the most part....no one going below 60, no one going above 70.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:53 AM

3,370 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
The notion that highway driving is more dangerous than around town isn't necessarily true, you can be just as severely injured in an around town crash depending on the circumstnaces. Question is --why not just wear a seatbelt all the time?
Honestly I don't think about putting it on. In order to get in the habit it would take a 30 day effort of putting it on all the time. In the winter I take off.my jacket because it's hot in the car and sometimes drive with the window open. I should try and wear it and see how long it takes for me to get in the habit of doing it. When I know I am going to be on the highway I always remember. Most accidents I believe happen in parking lots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts