Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 02:39 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,769,929 times

Advertisements

Mayor Pete told me that roads are racist...post examples of Woke roads vs. Racist Roads!

Woke Road:
https://goo.gl/maps/DDYnjbQYQ9UPsf2GA

Reduced parking for bike lanes, that are almost always devoid of cyclists, because nobody wants to ride their bike to a work or a bar and get all sweaty and stuff.

Racist Road, of the same street, at the exact location from 2019:
https://goo.gl/maps/KkTmJs4bioXKdEPg9

Notice how all of those customers that parked their cars to shop, can now no longer park along the road to shop....and that's all in the name of Climate Change. So instead of conveniently parking along the street, those motorists now have to burn more fuel to circle around to find a parking spot.

#LiberalLogic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2023, 02:46 PM

10,512 posts, read 7,031,361 times
There is no logic. Just working on their base promoting division.

Old 04-24-2023, 02:48 PM

78,502 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Here you go.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wo...2Fg%2F1tkkv8n3

Old 04-24-2023, 02:52 PM

10,512 posts, read 7,031,361 times
The actual real argument i've heard is they put highways and roads through urban areas, which ruined the property value of poc. The only thing wrong with this argument is much of the highway system was designed 70-80 years ago, before poc moved to urban areas from the south. There are highways everyway, obviously cities got the highways along with some probably more areas of wealth but much of everyone didn't have a choice.

Old 04-24-2023, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Business picture of "Wok Street"....

Ummm, LOL

Old 04-24-2023, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The actual real argument i've heard is they put highways and roads through urban areas, which ruined the property value of poc. The only thing wrong with this argument is much of the highway system was designed 70-80 years ago, before poc moved to urban areas from the south. There are highways everyway, obviously cities got the highways along with some probably more areas of wealth but much of everyone didn't have a choice.
If they have a legit argument about highways...(unlikely), the interstates were created in the Cold War, to prepare for WW3 against the RUSSIANS! The highways were created to rapidly move military hardware around the nation in case of an attack.

So today's democrats should be happy that the previous democrats and republicans approved the Interstate Highway System. Perhaps the Dems will tell their base that it was created to fight the potential White Supremacist Russian Threat on our nation!

LOL

Old 04-24-2023, 03:10 PM

4,203 posts, read 2,522,553 times
Racist roads are a real legacy - just look at Richmond VA. When I95 was put in, it was run though the heart of Richmond's African American business and residential districts, Jackson Ward and Church Hill. They could have gone a mile west into a run down industrial area, but instead destroyed these neighborhoods which had been around since the Civil War. Then, when they ran State Route 195 (SR195), they ran it though an African American middle class neighborhood called Randolph. The original plan was for SR195 to be run on the south side of the James River as a parkway along the river. During the planning for i95, there were no African Americans involved in the planning; on SR195 there was just one. For more and finding the original sources read Christopher Silver's Twentieth-Century Richmond: Planning, Politics, and Race

Last edited by webster; 04-24-2023 at 03:59 PM..

Old 04-24-2023, 04:22 PM

22,197 posts, read 19,487,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Mayor Pete told me that roads are racist...post examples of Woke roads vs. Racist Roads!

Woke Road:
https://goo.gl/maps/DDYnjbQYQ9UPsf2GA

Reduced parking for bike lanes, that are almost always devoid of cyclists, because nobody wants to ride their bike to a work or a bar and get all sweaty and stuff.

Racist Road, of the same street, at the exact location from 2019:
https://goo.gl/maps/KkTmJs4bioXKdEPg9

Notice how all of those customers that parked their cars to shop, can now no longer park along the road to shop....and that's all in the name of Climate Change. So instead of conveniently parking along the street, those motorists now have to burn more fuel to circle around to find a parking spot.

#LiberalLogic

Or they can park in the Lot behind the stores, or in the parking garage on the other corner, or walk...

The street scene in the link you sent with the bike lanes looks much more inviting than the one with a bunch of cars parked on it

Old 04-24-2023, 05:17 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,592,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Or they can park in the Lot behind the stores, or in the parking garage on the other corner, or walk...

The street scene in the link you sent with the bike lanes looks much more inviting than the one with a bunch of cars parked on it
I'm pushing 80, and if I can't park in front of or close to the store, I ain't goin'. Mayor Pete is clearly anti-seniors. Ageism is a real thing.

Old 04-24-2023, 05:21 PM

I've noticed that my city's woke streets have created more idling traffic, instead of less.

Wasn't the whole point to create less carbon and more SCOOTERS ~ and that's PROGRESS... LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies