Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2024, 09:42 AM

12,816 posts, read 21,993,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
One problem is that too many drivers spend more time in the business of other driver's than their own. Get out of the way. It's not your job to control the pace of traffic. I swear some people just aren't happy unless they are doing this and when everyone is in their proper place....behind them. It's like they determine how much over the speed limit people are allowed to travel. It's called driving through your rear view mirror. Arrogance.
Exactly this. I'm amazed at the number of people who think if they're going 75 or 80, then they're entitled to the left lane. Unless you're an on-duty cop/highway patrol, you don't get to determine the "acceptable" amount over the speed limit for everyone else. I know a LOT of people who will sit in the left lane at 80 and get made because someone comes up behind them and refuse to move over. It's a weird mentality. I don't care if you're going 100 and someone comes up behind you going 105 - get the hell over. Nobody is making the highway safer by sitting in left lane at 80 and "slowing" the cars going faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 09:58 AM

16,292 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Wow, that is a bizarre way of thinking to me that anyone should move simply because someone comes up behind them going fast. I personally am not trying to slow anyone down...but I also don't want be stuck behind someone going 55 in the other lane. Why should someone get the hell over simply because someone else is so impatient.

I guess I can see why there are so many accidents happening out there. I think a lot of people get pissed off when someone does rush up behing them beeping and flashing high beams. It also often is the reason people don't move.

Old 03-04-2024, 09:58 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
So we should all just move out of the way for anyone going 85-90?
Yeah. I move over and just end up thinking to myself, "knock yourself out, buddy".

Old 03-04-2024, 10:01 AM

16,292 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Yeah. I move over and just end up thinking to myself, "knock yourself out, buddy".
I typically will just move over as well...but I can't tell you how many times people don't move over for me!

Old 03-04-2024, 10:39 AM

12,816 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Wow, that is a bizarre way of thinking to me that anyone should move simply because someone comes up behind them going fast. I personally am not trying to slow anyone down...but I also don't want be stuck behind someone going 55 in the other lane. Why should someone get the hell over simply because someone else is so impatient. .
It's simple. The left lane is for passing. If you're not passing, get out of the left lane. It's not a way of thinking, it's the law. It doesn't stop applying if you're going X number of mph over the posted limit.

Old 03-04-2024, 10:44 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
It's simple. The left lane is for passing. If you're not passing, get out of the left lane. It's not a way of thinking, it's the law. It doesn't stop applying if you're going X number of mph over the posted limit.
And while both are breaking the law, refusal to move over probably has a worse consequence (swerving, weaving, road rage even) than the speed of the original offender.

Old 03-04-2024, 10:49 AM

9,068 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
And while both are breaking the law, refusal to move over probably has a worse consequence (swerving, weaving, road rage even) than the speed of the original offender.
^^^ Cases where the reaction is worse than the original action.

Old 03-04-2024, 10:54 AM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
I typically will just move over as well...but I can't tell you how many times people don't move over for me!
It's almost like the folks going egregiously over (like 90-100+)....lots of times it's the Trumpie Truck folks....they think they're kings of the road. If someone is going 80 mph in the passing lane and IS passing folks in the right then I see no reason why they should have to move over for the Trumpie Truck a*hole who wants to go 100mph and cause a reckless crash. It's the Trumpie Tuck a**hole that needs to get pulled over and ticketed.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:00 AM

23,554 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Wow, that is a bizarre way of thinking to me that anyone should move simply because someone comes up behind them going fast. I personally am not trying to slow anyone down...but I also don't want be stuck behind someone going 55 in the other lane. Why should someone get the hell over simply because someone else is so impatient.

I guess I can see why there are so many accidents happening out there. I think a lot of people get pissed off when someone does rush up behing them beeping and flashing high beams. It also often is the reason people don't move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
It's almost like the folks going egregiously over (like 90-100+)....lots of times it's the Trumpie Truck folks....they think they're kings of the road. If someone is going 80 mph in the passing lane and IS passing folks in the right then I see no reason why they should have to move over for the Trumpie Truck a*hole who wants to go 100mph and cause a reckless crash. It's the Trumpie Tuck a**hole that needs to get pulled over and ticketed.
Is it really that much to move over for a few seconds, then get back to the left once the speed demon passes?

Old 03-04-2024, 11:04 AM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Is it really that much to move over for a few seconds, then get back to the left once the speed demon passes?
Actually it is...it can be dangerous....if you are passing folks in the left lane there may be no upcoming spot to get back over so Trumpie Truck A Hole is either going to continue riding your behind or will abruptly switch over to the right by cutting someone off which will cause the folks behind to slam their brakes then he will swerve to try and cut the line on the left as he almost sideswipes folks in the process. I saw one of these morons on route 2 last week doing this exact thing and yes...there was a Trump sticker on his truck. Hence why these types of drivers are the ones who need to get punished...these are the unhinged folks that aren't even fit to be behind the wheel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts