Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2024, 11:55 AM

3,382 posts, read 1,542,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I think things would be much easier if people just drove the speed limit for the most part....no one going below 60, no one going above 70.
I never drive over 70. I don't use the fast lane unless it's a really long trip. If you are in the left lane I would think 70 should be fast enough but some do want to go 80.

I have seen people move to the right and speed up and then pass me and move back into the left lane. I might hit 75 sometimes on a long trip but I guess that might be considered too slow for the left lane.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 03-04-2024 at 12:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 12:08 PM

3,598 posts, read 1,826,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Do you feel differently when it’s suburban Karen in her Tesla, or one of my Cambridge neighbors in their Subaru, or one of the many other pointless stereotypes you might apply here?
No, I actually feel the same even if it's a Tesla. Except the Teslas are actually self incriminating themselves if anything were to happen (those have some advanced surround view camera systems so if that footage was subpoenaed after Tesla crashed and was believed to be at fault party...they'd be in doo doo.)

Old 03-04-2024, 12:13 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,658,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Do you feel differently when it’s suburban Karen in her Tesla, or one of my Cambridge neighbors in their Subaru, or one of the many other pointless stereotypes you might apply here?
And we all know which scenario is statistically more likely around here. Along with "Taylor", the limousine fake-liberal from Back Bay pushing through the crowd in his Beamer.

Old 03-04-2024, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I think things would be much easier if people just drove the speed limit for the most part....no one going below 60, no one going above 70.
That's what I always say when I encounter these morons on the road.....why can't people just drive normal???

Old 03-04-2024, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
And we all know which scenario is statistically more likely around here.
In my experience it's been mostly middle aged men in trucks that seem to have the most rage...barreling down the highway 90mph+. Granted not all of them have Trump stickers on their bumper but some do so that's why I refer to them as Trumpie Trucks!

Old 03-04-2024, 12:17 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,658,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
In my experience it's been mostly middle aged men in trucks that seem to have the most rage...barreling down the highway 90mph+. Granted not all of them have Trump stickers on their bumper but some do so that's why I refer to them as Trumpie Trucks!
That hasn't been my experience. My experience is that it runs a full range of vehicles. Same goes for the self-appointed pace car drivers/traffic enforcement officers. Yours sounds like confirmation bias to me and given what we know about how people vote in Greater Boston, the Trump thing is just totally without merit. Tons of truck drivers here in the trades, many of them union and Democrat voters.

Old 03-04-2024, 12:56 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,090,361 times
Quote:
No, I actually feel the same even if it's a Tesla. Except the Teslas are actually self incriminating themselves if anything were to happen (those have some advanced surround view camera systems so if that footage was subpoenaed after Tesla crashed and was believed to be at fault party...they'd be in doo doo.)
^I can't tell you how useful this feature is. Been "hit & run" twice while parked, with major damage in one case. But thanks to the Sentry feature and all around cameras, I was able to clearly capture their license plates, file police reports, and get their insurance to pay 100%.

Old 03-04-2024, 12:58 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Actually it is...it can be dangerous....if you are passing folks in the left lane there may be no upcoming spot to get back over so Trumpie Truck A Hole is either going to continue riding your behind or will abruptly switch over to the right by cutting someone off which will cause the folks behind to slam their brakes then he will swerve to try and cut the line on the left as he almost sideswipes folks in the process. I saw one of these morons on route 2 last week doing this exact thing and yes...there was a Trump sticker on his truck. Hence why these types of drivers are the ones who need to get punished...these are the unhinged folks that aren't even fit to be behind the wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Angry drivers will often yank over to the right lane to pass there. It can be very dangerous to move over.
Quote:
if the road is crowded there isnt always anywhere to move over!

Perhaps I should have specified "when safe to do so", but that's also common sense and applies to any situation on the road.

I'll typically look for the next sizable gap and put my blinker on in advance so (hopefully) chucklehead behind me knows not to jerk over to the right at the same time I am.

Old 03-04-2024, 01:00 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
That hasn't been my experience. My experience is that it runs a full range of vehicles. Same goes for the self-appointed pace car drivers/traffic enforcement officers. Yours sounds like confirmation bias to me and given what we know about how people vote in Greater Boston, the Trump thing is just totally without merit. Tons of truck drivers here in the trades, many of them union and Democrat voters.

Yeah, in my experience it's at least 50% females. Probably most often in some type of crossover.

Old 03-04-2024, 01:00 PM

Quote:
As redplum posted below...there were plenty of Trumpie Truck parades this weekend! I saw quite a few lifted/tough guy trucks with their flags, banners and horns obnoxiously honking. These are some of the most aggressive drivers....not to say you wont get someone in a Subaru barreling down 95 in the left lane or a soccer mom in an M50i but more often than not, I've seen more angry men in trucks as the ones who are the most reckless on the highways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts