Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2024, 07:38 AM

16,292 posts, read 8,126,207 times

Advertisements

Or maybe people could try to drive less ? Like more WFH ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 10:20 AM

6 posts, read 1,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I think it's just being reported more.

Edit: Nope, looks like it is increasing

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...ising/2754694/

I have to say I agree. I see people zipping through traffic like they are late to the birth of their first-born on a daily basis. Watched a lady this AM go from left lane, over 3 lanes and then cut off 2 lanes of traffic just to get back into the left lane all just to move up 3 spaces and not really move up any in traffic.

Everyone's in a rush to go nowhere & is this most important person on the road. Theres always been *******s but i drive myself a little crazy wondering if something really changed in the past 5 years or not, but not just people texting & using the phone while they drive which almost everyone is, but but just more reactive aggressive people on the road, people riding your ass even if youre in the far right lane on the highway, lots of short fuses. & i blame that on phones/screens too, its being embedded in us.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:28 AM

I'm not sure what changed other than more and more traffic. I think it just takes longer to get places and that surprises people? Many don't expect that a small number of miles can take an hour with all the crowding and traffic now. It's really a problem. Widening roads isn't always an option either.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:44 AM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
You can't predict what will happen. All the HP in the world or the best brakes in the world won't help if someone slams into the back of you while texting, or snaps into your lane quickly on the highway while you are looking down at your HVAC controls for something.

One thing i've always done with my vehicles. EXCELLENT tires. You really can't spend money for all the fancy driving aides, performance brakes and suspensions , high tech modern ABS and T/C systems, emergency brake assist, etc and then look around for the cheapest deal on tires they can get. All your safety systems are useless if you are driving on poor tire. Drive a quality tire in the rain, and you will never go back to anything cheap.
Agree with you on that. Usually the stock tires that come with a lot of new vehicles are crap. I hate to spend the money to switch them out right away so I usually keep them on for like 10K miles then when I get so sick of them I upgrade to the Conti Crosscontact for a solid all season or Nokian for winter tires.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Or maybe people could try to drive less ? Like more WFH ?
That doesn't work. I only did like 7,000 miles last year. The number of road rage and crazies I encountered whenever I did venture out was still insane. Can't even take a quick trip to grocery store without encountering one road rager and when I can it's the best day ever!

Old 04-03-2024, 10:50 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
That doesn't work. I only did like 7,000 miles last year. The number of road rage and crazies I encountered whenever I did venture out was still insane. Can't even take a quick trip to grocery store without encountering one road rager and when I can it's the best day ever!
Well you did it last year...doesn't mean everyone else did

Old 04-03-2024, 11:02 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Same. I'm down to like 6,000 mi/yr since I switched to WFH. Still feel like I'm taking my life in my hands...especially at the rotaries where people (still) have no clue how they work, or just kamikaze their way in regardless.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:14 AM

I think ya'll are missing what I'm saying. That's great that YOU have to drive less....but if everyone else made an effort to drive as less as possible or not often perhaps the roads would be a better place.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Well you did it last year...doesn't mean everyone else did
I did do less driving and I'm therefore very calm, cool and collected whenever I leave my driveway since I don't have to deal with a daily grind of a commute in horrific traffic. However, that vibe ends real quick because there's no shortage of raging a holes out there even during a quick trip to run an errand.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I think ya'll are missing what I'm saying. That's great that YOU have to drive less....but if everyone else made an effort to drive as less as possible or not often perhaps the roads would be a better place.
People just need to put their egos and attitudes in check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts