Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the lack of sun bothering you this winter?
Yes it's beyond horrible I'd rather sun with freezing cold 12 29.27%
No it's winter it's supposed to suck 29 70.73%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 11:10 AM

779 posts, read 876,560 times

Advertisements

South shore resident here and I have not had to use the snow blower once this year. I actually do like snow, but if I had to choose between very little snow and the repeated storms we got back in 2015, I'll take this. I also hate the sun--I could go without seeing the sun for the rest of my life and be fine with it. I am loving the cloudy weather and mild temps, I just hope it doesn't mean that we'll have snow through April.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2023, 11:43 AM

3,586 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
South shore resident here and I have not had to use the snow blower once this year. I actually do like snow, but if I had to choose between very little snow and the repeated storms we got back in 2015, I'll take this. I also hate the sun--I could go without seeing the sun for the rest of my life and be fine with it. I am loving the cloudy weather and mild temps, I just hope it doesn't mean that we'll have snow through April.
I can't say I've ever heard anyone say they hate the sun before! I have to admit it is starting to get a little depressing for me with no sun for the last few weeks. It just brightens things up so much even if it is freezing out.

Old 01-25-2023, 07:17 AM

913 posts, read 559,331 times
I will happily take this winter to date over the Terrible Awful of eight years ago, and many other winters.

Old 01-26-2023, 07:02 AM

837 posts, read 1,224,954 times
I'm fine with this winter. I am no longer a fan of snow nor unbearable (to me) cold.

Old 01-26-2023, 07:14 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Kinda bummed about that last storm. I left work to flurries, got home and prepped my snowblower, and got all rain.

Given that we are going into Feb soon, not many opportunities left for a cold storm with lots of fluff snow. I promised the kids we could blast around the neighborhood in the go kart in the snow.

Old 01-26-2023, 07:34 AM

16,305 posts, read 8,126,207 times
The snow looked beautiful the other day but it's all gone now. I don't mind the snow. It's the frigid cold I don't like. This year it hasn't been much of an issue. We'll see what February is like. Also I've found the cold seems to linger around for longer. April and beginning of May used to be nice, but these days they just seem cold.

Old 01-27-2023, 12:31 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I guess some humans don't need the sun . Some humans hate that big yellow circle in the sky that's why they live in England or Seattle. Thanks for informing me . The sun is not necessary for humans .
Just get a wood stove for your next winter - you won’t miss the sun…

Old 01-27-2023, 04:05 PM

15,944 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
No it's not too cold but the lack of sun is driving me nuts. Has the weather the past 3 weeks bothered you? I need the sun and am flying out of here to sunny Arizona.. I can't take it anymore going for a week .

I have never seen it like this with such lack of sun any winter. I'd rather freezing cold with sun then this warm dreary winter..
I find winter ok as long as the sun shines, not too cold to get my walk in, and I can go out for meeting and such in the evening on safe roads all cleared of ice. So far this has been a very nice winter, several warm sunny days. And the days sun shines it is glorious even inside. Not bad winter so far at all.
It does get me down when there days in a row when the sun seems to have died. That has happened in previous winters, when the sun just died and then came back.

Old 01-27-2023, 06:27 PM

12,368 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
If you're any kind of skier, snow boarder, snow tuber, etc, this hasn't been great - although bigger downhill resorts have high snowmaking coverage these days - but that doesn't help you cross-country skiing or snow shoeing at the local park or golf course.

While I am sure that we will get some big dumps at some point, just having such light snowfall in December and January has already made this winter easier - two easy months out of four, I'll take it! .

I am not with you on the sun-hatred though... I don't mind some inclement weather, but I'd prefer some more sunny days, and I appreciate the long days of summer - all that light improves my mood and the long days let me do more outside to boot.

Old 01-29-2023, 07:18 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times
Well, yesterday was a fabulous day here in Northampton. Not sure how it was in the Eastern part of the state. Blue, cloudless skies and a shining sun, temps in the 40s. It was lovely. I did a long dog walk on one of the bike paths here. I just wish we would see more of these types of days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts