Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2023, 03:46 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Not rare at all. Cytokines are elevated in almost a third of mild cases and almost three fourths of severe cases.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...ems%20%5B17%5D.
I'm interpreting your posts using logic, which is probably a mistake, but are you saying that if cytokines (you don't say which ones) can be elevated, it means you have a healthy immune system? That's...something.

Anyway, no one needs to buy into your gospel about masks, or Covid shots, or "mitigation measures." We've heard it all already. You'd do well to find another purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2023, 05:28 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I'm interpreting your posts using logic, which is probably a mistake, but are you saying that if cytokines (you don't say which ones) can be elevated, it means you have a healthy immune system? That's...something.

Anyway, no one needs to buy into your gospel about masks, or Covid shots, or "mitigation measures." We've heard it all already. You'd do well to find another purpose.
Yes, elevated cytokines are produced by a healthy immune system in response to infection.

The article I cited explains how it works.

Here is another:

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...se%20cytokines.

"Cytokines are so essential to your immune system that they play a role in most conditions and diseases that may affect you. Typically, cytokines help keep you infection-free. If your immune system releases too many cytokines — in response to an infection or treatments like immunotherapy — you may develop cytokine release syndrome (CRS), also called a cytokine storm. You may develop various symptoms that affect multiple body systems. CRS can be life-threatening without treatment. Too many cytokines can create a heightened inflammatory response."

Old 05-22-2023, 06:32 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Oh I understand it which is why I find humans gross

Old 05-22-2023, 06:41 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
I'm interpreting your posts using logic,
"Logic is a system of principles that uses reason to determine if a conclusion is true or untrue. A person using logic will come to a generalized conclusion by looking at the given information and making an inference based on that data."

^ This is definitely not what you're doing.

Old 05-22-2023, 07:10 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
"Logic is a system of principles that uses reason to determine if a conclusion is true or untrue. A person using logic will come to a generalized conclusion by looking at the given information and making an inference based on that data."

^ This is definitely not what you're doing.
How so? The poster I was responding to even responded to me and said essentially, yes, "if your immune system can cause elevated cytokines, then it's healthy," is the logic they were using.

I was trying to follow their logic.

Do you have something to contribute here, or can we move on?

Old 05-22-2023, 07:10 PM

3,627 posts, read 1,851,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I was not doing it to get people sick because I don't believe the masks did anything and the vaccines did not stop transmission . I did have caution around old people . No old people at the gym.
What you believe and what actually occurs are two different things. If someone is wearing an effective mask like an N95 it does indeed act as a filter. Filters trap particles and that's a fact. Cloth masks and bandanas that people were wearing over their nose and mouths were not effective like an N95. Also, all the folks who were wearing masks on just their mouths with their noses hanging out was laughable.

Old 05-22-2023, 07:31 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
can we move on?
Yes.

Old 05-22-2023, 07:35 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
What you believe and what actually occurs are two different things. If someone is wearing an effective mask like an N95 it does indeed act as a filter. Filters trap particles and that's a fact. Cloth masks and bandanas that people were wearing over their nose and mouths were not effective like an N95. Also, all the folks who were wearing masks on just their mouths with their noses hanging out was laughable.
there are studies even with n95. what you believe and actually occur are different. the virus is much smaller than particles that n95 can stop. i am going to have to find the study It might be a dutch study.

Old 05-22-2023, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
there are studies even with n95. what you believe and actually occur are different. the virus is much smaller than particles that n95 can stop. i am going to have to find the study It might be a dutch study.
The virus is not spread as single particles. It is contained in droplets and aerosols that can be blocked by properly fitted and used masks, resulting in fewer viral particles in the air. The result is a reduction, but not complete elimination, of transmission.

Old 05-22-2023, 07:58 PM

Quote:
How so? The poster I was responding to even responded to me and said essentially, yes, "if your immune system can cause elevated cytokines, then it's healthy," is the logic they were using.

I was trying to follow their logic.
What I said is that healthy immune systems produce cytokines in response to infections. Do you have a scientific source that states otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts