Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2020, 09:40 AM

16,402 posts, read 8,198,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Please read before commenting. You clearly didn't.

There isn't inherently a problem unless its coupled with lack of self awareness or being holier than though about others. Paying other people to do tasks is fine; coupling it with chastising others for doing the work they need to do to live IS NOT. Very few people are fortunate enough to be able to work fully from home and pay people to do their dirty work for them. They should be thankful, not bleeping self righteous.
For the record I work from home and I don't pay anyone to do anything for me. You seem to have a lot of disdain for people who are able to work from home. Working from home with two young kids in the background is no walk in the park either. Did it ever occur to you that not everyone is miserably showing up to work right now? Maybe they're happy to leave the house and go to work. I dont have the option to go into work even if i wanted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 09:41 AM

23,563 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
This is why I don't tip less than $5 for anything now. Grab a coffee at the local coffee roaster while picking up a bag of beans? 200% tip.

I tip 30% for takeout, delivery, or any other services I receive. I have heard from several people that their tips are actually *worse* during the pandemic because people are getting, say, grocery delivery when they previously would not but aren't budgeting in to tip.
TBH I still won't tip at Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds...those places are as busy as ever and you are not receiving service beyond what is built into the pricing. If it's a local sit down restaurant, yes I will typically leave a $10 tip with my take-out order to make up for their lost income.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:48 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
For the record I work from home and I don't pay anyone to do anything for me. You seem to have a lot of disdain for people who are able to work from home. Working from home with two young kids in the background is no walk in the park either. Did it ever occur to you that not everyone is miserably showing up to work right now? Maybe they're happy to leave the house and go to work. I dont have the option to go into work even if i wanted to.

Again. Not bleeping reading.

There is no DISDAIN for people that can work from home. I can some too when I'm reading and writing. I realize I am very fortunate to be able to so. I realize I AM FORTUNATE, and in a MINORITY.

It's the god damn lack of self awareness that I have disdain for. People that are clueless about their privilege. I'm sorry that you have to parent your kids.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Please read before commenting. You clearly didn't. (Its chronic on this forum, people comment before damn reading and thinking.)

There isn't inherently a problem unless its coupled with lack of self awareness or being holier than though about others. Paying other people to do tasks is fine; coupling it with chastising others for doing the work they need to do to live IS NOT. Very few people are fortunate enough to be able to work fully from home and pay people to do their dirty work for them. They should be thankful, not bleeping self righteous.

Nice to see you backtrack on this, but "coupled with lack of self awareness or being holier than though about others"??? I have yet to see somebody chastised for doing what they need to do, to put food on their table. You clearly have further explaining to do in this, because nobody has a clue what you are talking about.

Quote:
And to the clown that thinks its "irresponsible" to peacefully exercise first amendment rights while following the protocols put forth by the public health agencies in charge of doing so: shove it where your uniformed ignorant statements don't shine. There is a reason why people should be listening to public health officials and not clueless internet shut ins.

Being part of a crowded mob blocking highways..."peacefully" exercising one's rights and following protocols. Just stop talking, PLEASE.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:56 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
No. You going to make me you right wing stooge?

If you don't know what I'm talking about I'll chalk it up to also not being able to read and comprehend, because my words and what I'm responding too are crystal damn clear. If someone can't pick up what I'm putting down, they're straight up morons.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:59 AM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
When I talk about people staying home, I mean when it's possible. If you have to go to work, that's fine, but your kids don't need to go to hockey practice and you definitely don't need to see multiple households at Thanksgiving. And I wish there was more done to encourage companies to allow people to work from home if they are able to do their job that way, rather than requiring face time. I see my staying at home as a way to protect people who have to go to work, and am happy to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
TBH I still won't tip at Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds...those places are as busy as ever and you are not receiving service beyond what is built into the pricing. If it's a local sit down restaurant, yes I will typically leave a $10 tip with my take-out order to make up for their lost income.

I don't think I've been to a fast food chain aside from Chipotle once since the start of the pandemic. Dunks still has a line in the drive through, so they don't need my money the way that the local coffee roaster/brewer that has lost its sit-down crowd does, or the way that the local restaurant known for its intimate seating is struggling.

I put a fair bit in the tip jar for Chipotle, though. Even though the company itself may be OK, the individual employees are at a higher risk so I can eat my burrito but are not compensated as such by the corporate office.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
No. You going to make me you right wing stooge?

If you don't know what I'm talking about I'll chalk it up to also not being able to read and comprehend, because my words and what I'm responding too are crystal damn clear. If someone can't pick up what I'm putting down, they're straight up morons.

aka. "I am fabricating scenarios about others to feel better about myself". And you sir are the last person who should be lecturing us on "self awareness".

Old 11-17-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
When I talk about people staying home, I mean when it's possible. If you have to go to work, that's fine, but your kids don't need to go to hockey practice and you definitely don't need to see multiple households at Thanksgiving. And I wish there was more done to encourage companies to allow people to work from home if they are able to do their job that way, rather than requiring face time. I see my staying at home as a way to protect people who have to go to work, and am happy to do so.

I don't think I've been to a fast food chain aside from Chipotle once since the start of the pandemic. Dunks still has a line in the drive through, so they don't need my money the way that the local coffee roaster/brewer that has lost its sit-down crowd does, or the way that the local restaurant known for its intimate seating is struggling.

I put a fair bit in the tip jar for Chipotle, though. Even though the company itself may be OK, the individual employees are at a higher risk so I can eat my burrito but are not compensated as such by the corporate office.
You're right I should consider that more often. Even if they aren't at especially high risk working in a drive-thru behind a plexiglass shield, just having to be there in a mask all day should be worth something. I guess my last excuse is that I (especially now) rarely use cash for anything. I might start carrying a stash of bills in the console.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:17 AM

I read it, thanks. That's your mantra here is when someone doesn't agree with what you said you tell them they didn't read your comment lol.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:19 AM

Default re

Quote:
Again. Not bleeping reading.

There is no DISDAIN for people that can work from home. I can some too when I'm reading and writing. I realize I am very fortunate to be able to so. I realize I AM FORTUNATE, and in a MINORITY.

It's the god damn lack of self awareness that I have disdain for. People that are clueless about their privilege. I'm sorry that you have to parent your kids.
And that's where your self awareness is lacking. You have no idea what it's like to do your own job AND educate a 4 and 6 year ( or tell them stop what they're while you're on a call ). This isn't typical parenting right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts