Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2021, 09:26 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Everybody is part of the problem except you and the so-called "experts." The same experts that are in bed with Big Pharma and multinational corporate interests. Don't worry though, billions/trillions of dollars pose zero influence on anything. I will also note that the same people who use the term super-spreader so often to malign people, are also the ones who propagated the term super-predator. Carry on, now. You keep trusting us into oblivion, and the rest of us will keep asking questions.

Aren't you the guy who lied to his employer about having some condition where it was impossible to wear a mask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2021, 09:28 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,675,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Aren't you the guy who lied to his employer about having some condition where it was impossible to wear a mask?
No. You're the guy lying, right now.

Old 12-12-2021, 09:32 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
The experts know what needs to be done, but it's impossible due to people like msRB311's acquaintance.

You and the Cleveland dude are also part of the problem, not the solution.
What's the solution, redplum33? Continue to talk about forced isolation, restrictions on businesses, face coverings, and mRNA shots as if those measures have actually gotten anybody past the pandemic, anywhere on Earth?

Is the solution for people to post on here saying things like "I just feel like Massachusetts will be fine," because you wear masks more often, or more of you are vaccinated, or you have fewer megachurches full of rednecks singing on Sundays...and then, when someone posts an article about a new variant, or about how wastewater data shows your state is awash in Covid just like everyone else, you panic and clamor for more of what didn't work in the first place? Rinse, wash, repeat?

If that's the solution, I'm proud I'm not a part of it.

I think some posters here are honestly confused and think they're discussing viable solutions, but what they're actually focused on is defending the preordained top-down "solutions."

Old 12-12-2021, 09:54 AM

17,759 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
What's the solution, redplum33? Continue to talk about forced isolation, restrictions on businesses, face coverings, and mRNA shots as if those measures have actually gotten anybody past the pandemic, anywhere on Earth?

Is the solution for people to post on here saying things like "I just feel like Massachusetts will be fine," because you wear masks more often, or more of you are vaccinated, or you have fewer megachurches full of rednecks singing on Sundays...and then, when someone posts an article about a new variant, or about how wastewater data shows your state is awash in Covid just like everyone else, you panic and clamor for more of what didn't work in the first place? Rinse, wash, repeat?

If that's the solution, I'm proud I'm not a part of it.

I think some posters here are honestly confused and think they're discussing viable solutions, but what they're actually focused on is defending the preordained top-down "solutions."

Please don't lump me in with the "I just feel like Massachusetts will be fine" crowd. This virus doesn't care about state boundaries...and whoever said that is delusional.

There are ways to make the situation better, and I support most of that, but I don't think there is a viable solution because 2 things will continue to stand in the way:
  1. people unwilling to cooperate
  2. money

Old 12-12-2021, 10:19 AM

The vast majority of people in this country have shown more than willingness to cooperate, and they have done so diligently up to the point where they see they're being buffaloed and have faced nearly nil results from the so-called solution. If your argument is that no positive results will be seen until each and every last member of society walks in lockstep and does what they are told 24/7, then your argument is about as strong as those who say that when everyone is masked and vaccinated the pandemic will be over. Wrong. No evidence of this whatsoever. Same goes for the shrill "if everyone wears a mask" it will be all over business (which I did, except outdoors) which also proved to be wrong and which people with even a modicum of common sense knew.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 12-12-2021 at 10:31 AM..

Old 12-12-2021, 10:26 AM

17,759 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Everybody is part of the problem except you and the so-called "experts." The same experts that are in bed with Big Pharma and multinational corporate interests. Don't worry though, billions/trillions of dollars pose zero influence on anything. I will also note that the same people who use the term super-spreader so often to malign people, are also the ones who propagated the term super-predator. Carry on, now. You keep trusting us into oblivion, and the rest of us will keep asking questions.

The public health experts are not the problem. It's the politicians who won't follow their recommendations and/or allow them to speak freely. And let's not turn this into a Democrat vs Republican thing. One group may put on a better show...but, at the end of the day, they're the same -- far more concerned about money than public health.

Old 12-12-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
The public health experts are not the problem. It's the politicians who won't follow their recommendations and/or allow them to speak freely. And let's not turn this into a Democrat vs Republican thing. One group may put on a better show...but, at the end of the day, they're the same -- far more concerned about money than public health.
Which recommendation that isn't being followed would stop the virus?

Old 12-12-2021, 10:32 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Please don't lump me in with the "I just feel like Massachusetts will be fine" crowd. This virus doesn't care about state boundaries...and whoever said that is delusional.

There are ways to make the situation better, and I support most of that, but I don't think there is a viable solution because 2 things will continue to stand in the way:
  1. people unwilling to cooperate
  2. money
Happy to honor that request.

I do want to gently point out that you rebuked bostongymjunkie for having "complaints but zero viable solutions," but now you're literally saying you don't think there's a viable solution, a few posts later.

I'm telling you, this is where the motivation for the backlash comes from. If certain things are not a solution, we'd all do well to move on from them. But instead, we have to listen to people caterwauling about how the solution would be working if people would only cooperate. Salty, "what-if" whining like this is repulsive to people; they hate it. If people won't cooperate with your solution, it's not a solution. Move on.

I gave up the idea that the cooperation of the populace would be an important factor in ending this pandemic when people flooded the streets after George Floyd's death. Then I realized it didn't matter anyway and we actually would be better off just getting back to normal immediately (so, in a weird way, those protesters deserve some credit). If I have any regrets on my end, it's that I didn't realize this sooner.

Last edited by tribecavsbrowns; 12-12-2021 at 11:08 AM..

Old 12-12-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I gave up the idea that the cooperation of the populace would be an important factor in ending this pandemic when people flooded the streets after George Floyd's death. Then I realized it didn't matter anyway and we actually would be better off just getting back to normal immediately (so, in a weird way, those protesters deserve some credit). If I have any regrets on my end, it's that I didn't realize this sooner.
And for example the 1,000 medical professionals cited in a CNN news article about a letter they wrote refusing to say the protests were risky gatherings. What a conflicting message. One of many.

Old 12-12-2021, 11:06 AM

2,375 posts, read 1,857,841 times
Does anyone know of studies on the relationship between fitness and COVID-19 outcomes? What percentage of people with life threatening or fatal cases of covid were physically active with 5+ hours of moderate to rigorous excercise per week? What percentage had a baseline level of cardiovascular health, such as ability to run a mile in 8 minutes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts