Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2022, 12:20 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Isn't it the same data source? Surprising as to why the story casts a different picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2022, 01:11 PM

943 posts, read 410,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Isn't it the same data source? Surprising as to why the story casts a different picture.
The MA data are by entire regions (North South) in MA. Perhaps Boston has more granular/localized data that are not made public. Even the state reports are still up quite a lot since early September - worrisome considering that we are still quite a few weeks from holiday travel and flu season. We are at so much higher levels than the fall of 2021 and 2020...if one of these new strains takes off in an environment without mitigations, we are screwed.

Old 10-10-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
The MA data are by entire regions (North South) in MA. Perhaps Boston has more granular/localized data that are not made public. Even the state reports are still up quite a lot since early September - worrisome considering that we are still quite a few weeks from holiday travel and flu season. We are at so much higher levels than the fall of 2021 and 2020...if one of these new strains takes off in an environment without mitigations, we are screwed.
Yes. As Dr. Jha put it last week, the single best thing we can do going into the fall / winter is to get the bivalent booster. I got it the very first week it was available, but I'm not seeing a lot of enthusiasm for it...which does not bode well.

Old 10-10-2022, 02:46 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Yes. As Dr. Jha put it last week, the single best thing we can do going into the fall / winter is to get the bivalent booster. I got it the very first week it was available, but I'm not seeing a lot of enthusiasm for it...which does not bode well.
Sure, I did the same. However, there’s still no efficacy data. I know it didn’t kill lab rats and humans who were given the booster developed antibodies. I have no way of assessing my risk. Since we have no public health at all, there is never going to be enough data collected to get a handle on efficacy.

Old 10-10-2022, 03:34 PM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Looks like a brand new Omicron variant was just found in China brought to us by the World's top authoritarian micromanagers, the CCP. Yay!

https://www.caixinglobal.com/2022-10...101948522.html

"The northern Chinese city of Hohhot is battling the country’s first outbreak of new omicron subvariant, BF.7, which is thought to be more transmissible and better able to evade the immune system than other strains.

Almost all of the nearly 700 local cases found Thursday in the Inner Mongolia autonomous region came from Hohhot, according to health authorities. The regional capital has reported more than 1,800 local infections since detecting a Covid case on Sept. 28 that was later confirmed to be the BF.7 subvariant."

Old 10-10-2022, 05:20 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Florida has changed vaccine recommendations advising males under 40 not to get the vaccine because of risk of heart problems. I'll link the video if any are interested in the risk they found. It's coming from health officials in Florida. Should Massachusetts change it's recommendations? Informed consent was not given. No risks were explained with the rollout of the vaccine.
https://youtu.be/JRPkfGKI5ao

Old 10-10-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Florida has changed vaccine recommendations advising males under 40 not to get the vaccine because of risk of heart problems. I'll link the video if any are interested in the risk they found. It's coming from health officials in Florida. Should Massachusetts change its recommendations? Informed consent was not given. No risks were explained with the rollout of the vaccine.
NO. Florida's "recommendation" is based on a BS, non-peer reviewed "article". Ladapo is a quack.

Old 10-10-2022, 06:30 PM

943 posts, read 410,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Florida has changed vaccine recommendations advising males under 40 not to get the vaccine because of risk of heart problems. I'll link the video if any are interested in the risk they found. It's coming from health officials in Florida. Should Massachusetts change it's recommendations? Informed consent was not given. No risks were explained with the rollout of the vaccine.
A study based on garbage use of statistics. Garbage in, garbage out. Consider the source of the warning - "health officials" in Florida.

Old 10-10-2022, 06:41 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am operating under the assumption that most of the creating the wastewater samples are either untested (asymptomatic or nearly so) or unreported home tests. No one in their right mind, if they are feeling well, takes a random Covid test.
You're not making sense. First you acknowledge the cases of asymptomatic, then in the same post say no one in their right mind takes a "random" test???

Old 10-10-2022, 06:51 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
I would love to get it but I can't or am advised against getting it till mid-December. I had mostly asymptomatic Covid in early September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts