Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2020, 10:48 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,546,433 times

Advertisements

It seems like people keep giving examples of people they knew who got corona and recovered poorly as reasons we should all be scared. That’s terrible but what are you suggesting we do? Never have public gathering again ? Keep schools closed? What is the answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 10:58 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
It seems like people keep giving examples of people they knew who got corona and recovered poorly as reasons we should all be scared. That’s terrible but what are you suggesting we do? Never have public gathering again ? Keep schools closed? What is the answer?
No one knows.

But those who deny the seriousness are no solution.

Old 07-21-2020, 11:21 AM

So just cancel school (despite everything else being open) because of the unknown?

How will people vote in November? No worries come November?

Old 07-21-2020, 11:26 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post

Not never, but not right now.

Had we followed the rules as a country, we would be much further ahead of this like Germany, Denmark, and even Italy and France.

Old 07-21-2020, 11:34 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
My son's school in RI just sent an email indicating they are going hybrid. In class 2 days a week. PD day for teachers on Monday and a split grouping of Tue/Thur and Wed/Fri for students. The distance learning curriculum is said to be more "robust".

I am not looking forward to that schedule at all. Still waiting to see what happens up here. School districts in MA are supposed to announce their plans to parents by Aug 8th.

Old 07-21-2020, 11:52 AM

I would be ok with hybrid. Not a fan of completely remote for a 1st grader tho.

Old 07-21-2020, 11:58 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Not never, but not right now.

Had we followed the rules as a country, we would be much further ahead of this like Germany, Denmark, and even Italy and France.
Amen. And although the cat's out of the bag now, it may not be a lost cause. At least I'm hoping that the resumption of WH briefings on the subject starting this evening will be a kickstarter.

What's ironic and infuriating now is that those who are resisting the measures, are delaying the return to normalcy.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:00 PM

School has been closed since March. I think some of the folks who don’t care about schools opening either don’t have kids or are very privileged.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:11 PM

24,555 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Amen. And although the cat's out of the bag now, it may not be a lost cause. At least I'm hoping that the resumption of WH briefings on the subject starting this evening will be a kickstarter.

What's ironic and infuriating now is that those who are resisting the measures, are delaying the return to normalcy.
The White House “briefings” are political campaign speeches. The infectious disease people aren’t going to be there.

I’m not optimistic at all. It’s going to be full Idiocracy until there is a safe, effective vaccine. It will be many months before there is enough data on the vaccine candidates to know if we can mass-vaccinate the country and go back to normal. Sitting in New England, I have no control over Florida. Or Georgia. Or Texas. Without real quarantine laws with teeth, it’s just going to keep cycling around the country and it will keep popping up here.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:18 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,317,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post

Not to sound defeatist, but daily briefings in this administration amount to rehashed and contrived accolades for Trump mixed with forced sunshine up our backsides. The ONLY reason they're coming back is to attempt damage control on his poll numbers. Past experience tells us the information that will be conveyed will likely be vetted and approved by Trump's team and nothing that may jeopardize his poll numbers will be permitted, no matter how important or truthful it may be.

On a side note, I'm dying to know who the puppet master is. It's painfully evident Trump is borderline literate and there's no way on earth he's understanding much of the data presented. Someone's coaching him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts