Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2020, 08:51 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,320,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
Did day cares open in MA end of June? Wonder how that is going.
They did? Ours told us they were closed until September.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 08:53 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Some did.

The home day car we sent our 2 year old to reopened. They only have 4-5 kids total, so we started sending him back there just this week actually.

I have other friends that use a home day care and they have been sending their kids back for the last month.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:59 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Not good news for support of schools reopening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...e0d_story.html
I agree that prospects for schools opening are dimming by the day. However, is cherry picked without providing broader context (this is why some rail about fear mongering by the media). The fact is that there are a lot of camps currently operating (both day and overnight), with few reported issues so far. Statistics and common sense tell us there will be some. However, the people who run this camp were obviously morons. With no mask usage and too many campers packed in cabins without windows, this was inevitable. This situation is not good news in support of anything which ignores common sense guidelines.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:06 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Back in Mar/April, when people went for a walk in a neighborhood, they wore masks. Now, you don't see that anymore, but there's plenty of space to distance. People will walk in the street, or cross to the other side to avoid others.

Stores is pretty much all compliance. Gas stations, all deliveries, etc.

But, outside groupings, I've seen it go down. Local parks are opening (playgrounds and such) and very few kids are wearing masks, or their parents. Neighbors have been having BBQ's and pool parties and no mask use at all. I'm sure heat, and comfort around familiar people have something to do wuth that.

We have not worn masks outdoors in residential suburbia. It's easy enough to give anyone else 20 or 30 feet of separation. That's what I do on the bicycle or walking. Generally, everyone over age 25 or so wears masks in the commercial area of the coastal village. Packs of John Hughes movie teens often don't. Generally, the only time I encounter people without masks who aren't maintaining 6' is coming off the boat. The village ice cream business is across the marina parking lot from the boat dock. There are always families eating ice cream cones on the ungated part of the docks. Everyone tries to give as close to 6' of separation as possible but you can't quite do it without falling off the dock. Close enough.

I'm the same way in a store parking lot. I'll have my mask in my hand and I'm putting it on as I approach the building. If anyone else is walking near me, I try to give them 20+ feet of separation.

My last haircut was probably the first week of March so I have COVID hair. The elastic ear loops often pull off the first try from my early 1960's Beatles hairdo. I'll achieve man bun status in another 6 months. LOL

Old 08-03-2020, 10:10 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
I live in a quiet neighborhood that isn’t very populated. When I take my dog for a walk I don’t wear a mask as I often don’t even pass anyone. I went to Chatham and Provincetown over the weekend and did wear one there, it was mandatory.

I’m guessing others are not going to wear a mask every time they take out their dog. Even if I do pass by someone I move to the other side of the street if necessary

Old 08-03-2020, 11:56 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Some did.

The home day car we sent our 2 year old to reopened. They only have 4-5 kids total, so we started sending him back there just this week actually.

I have other friends that use a home day care and they have been sending their kids back for the last month.
1 of the 2 unlicensed home day cares (aka baby sitters) that I know of reopened about a month ago.

Old 08-03-2020, 12:03 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I live in a quiet neighborhood that isn’t very populated. When I take my dog for a walk I don’t wear a mask as I often don’t even pass anyone. I went to Chatham and Provincetown over the weekend and did wear one there, it was mandatory.

I’m guessing others are not going to wear a mask every time they take out their dog. Even if I do pass by someone I move to the other side of the street if necessary
I too don't wear a mask on my daily 3 mile pup walk. When I come across anyone, I will cross the street if they are on the same side.

Now I dropped my car off at the shop this morning. The owner and at least 3 customers were in the little store (150 sq ft) transacting business without masks. None of the mechanics were wearing them. The guy pumping gas and I were the only ones.

Old 08-03-2020, 01:19 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
Weston public schools superintendent positive for corona:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.c...or-coronavirus

Old 08-03-2020, 01:23 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Weston public schools superintendent positive for corona:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.c...or-coronavirus
This school reopening is going to prove to be a big cluster. Kind of like MLB is turning out to be.

Old 08-04-2020, 08:28 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
I see a return to Phase 2 coming. Anyone else?

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...ts-coronavirus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts