Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2021, 08:36 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,650,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
More have died from the vaccine than from Covid? Sorry, that's beyond irrational. This drivel belongs on GETTR, not City-Data.
I said I knew, not from the overall numbers. I don't know one person who has died from covid, but 3 who have died within 2 weeks of being vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You need to do more research about what happened in India. They thought they had COVID beat. It was almost non-existent there before Delta. Within a couple weeks, they didn't know where to put all the dead bodies.

India's Pandemic Death Toll Estimated At About 4 Million: 10 Times The Official Count

India's excess deaths during pandemic up to 4.9 mln, study shows
They were beating it due to early treatment. When they started vaccinating is when everything went south. Then the same treatments they used prior they started using again and their numbers went down.

Just look at highly vaccinated countries, their numbers have increased substantially. This so called vaccine that everyone is pushing, and now they have to admit it doesn't stop from getting or transmitting the virus. Anyone who read the big pharm studies knew this but didn't listen.

Old 08-09-2021, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I'm awed by your analysis.

It's more deadly because it's 3x to 4x more transmissible than the original COVID-19. If the mortality rate is unchanged from the original virus but 3x more people contract the disease, it's 3x more deadly.

My conjecture is that the severity of the disease is related to viral load. The more virus you inhale, the more likely it is that it overwhelms your immune system and you have severe illness. It's been well documented that Delta results in much higher viral loads. I think that is why the body count has been increasing exponentially over the last month. Therefore, I've chosen to wear an N95 mask to try to limit the viral load I'm exposed to.

...and I haven't had a cold in 18 months. It's been nice.
Just because something is more transmissible doesn't mean its more deadly on based on a ratio basis.

Good luck with your N95 mask, Berlin did that and there was no difference from the rest of the country.

I'm still amazed people think they can control and stop a virus. We have never got rid of the flu or common cold, but hey lets use the same methods that didn't work previously and do it again.

Congrats on not having a cold for 18 months. I get sick about once every 8 to 10 years and I take zero precautions.

Old 08-09-2021, 08:52 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
I said I knew, not from the overall numbers. I don't know one person who has died from covid, but 3 who have died within 2 weeks of being vaccinated.
It's still irrational...to think that your anecdote represents the norm. I posted the link to the DPH stats for MA. It's all there in black & white, unless you think they're in on the conspiracy to "control" you too.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
It's still irrational...to think that your anecdote represents the norm. I posted the link to the DPH stats for MA. It's all there in black & white, unless you think they're in on the conspiracy to "control" you too.
I never said it represented anything. It isn't any different than the news showing some covid patient who is 200 pounds overweight with 7 major underlying issues and not mentioning that, and thinking my health or others is the same; and we should base our decision on that.

But the thing is people aren't seeing what is represented by the mass media, and then they are wondering why people aren't taking things as seriously as they want us to. People do base things on what is local or around them. And when people see healthy people not getting sick or barely sick and vaccinated getting sick, some are questioning things. Real world experiences do matter.

Old 08-10-2021, 04:28 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Folks , stop worrying about others ,mask or no mask. step outside and get o life.
The best advice I heard on the mass forum.

Old 08-10-2021, 05:34 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
53 percent of the cases of myocarditis happen in 12 to 24. This is only 9 percent of doses. https://youtu.be/lpDwpMyQtA4

Fast forward to minute 35 of video. They won't put a stop because it will create more people to question the vaccine. Young people should not get vaccinated .

Old 08-10-2021, 07:17 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
53 percent of the cases of myocarditis happen in 12 to 24. This is only 9 percent of doses. https://youtu.be/lpDwpMyQtA4

Fast forward to minute 35 of video. They won't put a stop because it will create more people to question the vaccine. Young people should not get vaccinated .

What's the actual percentage of cases occurring vs numbers of persons that age who have been vaccinated?

Old 08-10-2021, 08:56 AM

12,427 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
What's the actual percentage of cases occurring vs numbers of persons that age who have been vaccinated?
According to this review by the CDC published July 9th:

"Of the 323 persons meeting CDC’s [myocarditis] case definitions, 309 (96%) were hospitalized. Acute clinical courses were generally mild; among 304 hospitalized patients with known clinical outcomes, 95% had been discharged at time of review, and none had died.
:
Using myocarditis cases reported to VAERS with onset within 7 days after dose 2 of an mRNA vaccine, crude reporting rates (i.e., using [both] confirmed and unconfirmed cases [which overestimates actual cases of myocarditis caused by the vaccine]) per million second dose recipients were calculated using national COVID-19 vaccine administration data as of June 11, 2021. Myocarditis reporting rates were 40.6 cases per million second doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered to males aged 12−29 years and 2.4 per million second doses administered to males aged ≥30 years; reporting rates among females in these age groups were 4.2 and 1.0 per million second doses, respectively.*** The highest reporting rates were among males aged 12−17 years and those aged 18−24 years (62.8 and 50.5 reported myocarditis cases per million second doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine administered, respectively).
:
:
Per million second doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine administered to males aged 12–29 years, 11,000 COVID-19 cases, 560 hospitalizations, 138 ICU admissions, and six deaths due to COVID-19 could be prevented, compared with 39–47 expected myocarditis cases after COVID-19 vaccination (Table 2). Among males aged ≥30 years, 15,300 COVID-19 cases, 4,598 hospitalizations, 1,242 ICU admissions, and 700 deaths could be prevented, compared with three to four expected myocarditis cases after COVID-19 vaccination. This analysis did not include the potential benefit of preventing post-COVID-19 conditions, such as prolonged symptoms and MIS-C (6,7)."

See:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7027e2.htm

Old 08-10-2021, 09:33 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
According to this review by the CDC published July 9th:
So essentially a 0.00004% chance of someone in the 12-29 age range of contracting the treatable condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts