Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2020, 03:03 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
That's when you start when you start interviewing, assuming you have marketable skills ... which, based on your other posts, sounds like you do.

Oh, I am. Lots of people with my skillset looking for work now, though, so it's tough. Hiring freezes are still common in both my current industry and the industries I'm trying to break into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2020, 06:50 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Now here's something.
https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus...ce-venues.html

Connect the dots...literally. How many places are between red communities that might follow suit. there goes dining in the 128 belt.

https://www.masslive.com/resizer/zih...WFYWNLHNBI.png

I'm wondering what is happening in the Merrimack River Valley. One day most of those communities were in the Green category and then kaboom! the number of Reds and Yellows grew like a toxic algae bloom.

Old 10-10-2020, 03:43 PM

943 posts, read 410,163 times
This is in MA: https://twitter.com/jreganwilliams/s...15476019249153
One of the people responding mentions that their daughter got cellulitis from her N95 and 6 days in the hopsital on IV antibiotics. All so that people can have fun in bars and indoor dining, family parties...and soon (in RI anyway) Halloween...

Old 10-10-2020, 07:54 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I'm wondering what is happening in the Merrimack River Valley. One day most of those communities were in the Green category and then kaboom! the number of Reds and Yellows grew like a toxic algae bloom.
We turned Red in Woburn too. It was a bit alarming to receive all the alerts on Thursday.

I know there's skepticism about Dr. Birx, but I thought this article re: her comments in Cambridge yesterday were somewhat reassuring.

"Public spaces and stores and restaurants in the Northeast have largely become safe because of vigilant mask wearing and social distancing, but the problem now is at home, she said."

Old 10-13-2020, 04:26 AM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
2nd COVID-19 vaccine trial paused over unexplained illness

"A late-stage study of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate has been paused while the company investigates whether a study participant’s “unexplained illness” is related to the shot."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuOsbQQXAjQ

Old 10-13-2020, 05:01 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
2nd COVID-19 vaccine trial paused over unexplained illness

"A late-stage study of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate has been paused while the company investigates whether a study participant’s “unexplained illness” is related to the shot."

Do you just have alerts for "bad news" so you can post it here? There are a LOT of vaccines undergoing trials right now. I would say the number is unprecedented.

It's good they are being cautious. If a vaccine is approved, I have confidence that it will be safe.

Old 10-13-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Do you just have alerts for "bad news" so you can post it here?

I'd be very happy to post some "good news". Unfortunately there isn't any.

"We're in a bad place now. We've gotta turn this around." - Fauci

Old 10-13-2020, 05:34 AM

We're in a bad place heading into fall: Dr. Anthony Fauci

"The U.S. is averaging nearly 50,000 new coronavirus cases everyday. Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, joins Shepard Smith to talk about the seriousness of Covid-19 as we head into the fall."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HylKKWNZEU

Old 10-13-2020, 05:50 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'd be very happy to post some "good news". Unfortunately there isn't any.

"We're in a bad place now. We've gotta turn this around." - Fauci
There's plenty of good news. There are 11 trials in phase 3, so you post about when they are paused. Cases are climbing back up but mortality is lagging way behind.

Perhaps you think you're doing a service by making everyone frightened. Look, the people who aren't going to take this seriously AREN'T LISTENING TO YOU. They are already not taking this seriously. At this point, only highlighting negative news means that you are piling despair on the people who are taking this seriously.

Old 10-13-2020, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
There's plenty of good news. There are 11 trials in phase 3, so you post about when they are paused. Cases are climbing back up but mortality is lagging way behind.

Perhaps you think you're doing a service by making everyone frightened. Look, the people who aren't going to take this seriously AREN'T LISTENING TO YOU. They are already not taking this seriously. At this point, only highlighting negative news means that you are piling despair on the people who are taking this seriously.
I posted the lead story from The Today Show. It is important information, and I'll continue to post important information.

If some people want to pretend that everything is sunshine and lollipops, then that's their choice. I won't cater to them.

Last edited by redplum33; 10-13-2020 at 06:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts