Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 06:12 PM

12,441 posts, read 9,540,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
*LOL* I am aware of that, I cited these factors (or their converse) in my post, remember?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Most of the states that have LOW numbers of coronaviruses cases, have LOW numbers of immigrants , LOW numbers of international students , business people, tourists.

Seeing you mentioned diversity factors first ;Maine and New Hampshire and Vermont are the whitest states in the country with a combined population equal to Massachusetts population
Maine, New Hampshire Vermont have 18 confirmed cases, Diverse Massachusetts has 6 times the number of coronaviruses.

I lived in Mass for over 4 decades. I understand in Mass. it is a social taboo to question diversity's negative effects.
Just to clarify, I wasn't citing diversity as a factor. What I was citing was travel to/from international destinations. If you have world class universities, world class companies, you're going to have employees, students, visitors flying to/from destinations all over the world. And in a case like this pandemic, that's going to provide an early entry point.

If you're living in Buttcrack, USA, then you're not going to have nearly as much international travel. And indeed, looking at the map, states that are predominantly rural and lack the aforementioned factors have largely escaped the first wave. But for what it's worth, they'll likely get it too, just later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 06:19 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,926,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Three years ago and 3 weeks before is a completely different situation. And of course, pointing out that it is NOT extremely unlikely.
I don’t know why you want to keep deluding yourself that you had Covid-19 in Massachusetts in December. That’s an outlandish claim that no reputable scientist would believe without incredibly compelling evidence.

It’s no skin off my back if you want to believe something ridiculously improbable, just don’t do anything foolish with your “knowledge” and be careful not to let anyone else do anything foolish, either.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:21 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
That dude Dr. Fauci is predicting that the school year is done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizim View Post
Where was that
He didn't specifically say but it was a discussion about all the states (29 so far) that have closed schools, so I think he meant nationwide.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:26 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,405,307 times
Quote:
Amazon Whole Foods delivery has no time slots available
It's been that way all weekend. Keep refreshing and slots eventually open up. It's like trying to get tickets on Ticketmaster.

Most people have plenty of food and TP at this point. Everyone really needs to chill. The supply chains are fine, but there will be some shortages due to the hoarding.

Try local bodegas or smaller supermarkets instead of Costco and the big supermarkets. We went to one around 5p with almost no crowds and most of (but not everything) we wanted to buy.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:53 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
I’d imagine food delivery services and package delivery services are going to have a lot more demand and openings in the next few weeks/months.

Might be an alternative for those who are let go from various other jobs in the next few weeks

Old 03-15-2020, 07:05 PM

3,082 posts, read 1,547,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Too cold to be walking around in sweaters. Great way to get walking pneumonia. Don't want to tax the health care system even more.
It was beautiful outside. Sun shining, no wind, took off my jacket at the barn. Too hot. Oh and Im over 65.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:26 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Anyone thinking of postponing a wedding or other party now?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...tes/index.html

Old 03-15-2020, 07:35 PM

In addition to closing all schools, Baker has ordered all dine-in restaurants to close. He also banned all gatherings of 25 people or more.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Amazon Whole Foods delivery has no time slots available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
It's been that way all weekend. Keep refreshing and slots eventually open up. It's like trying to get tickets on Ticketmaster.
I've probably refreshed 100 times. It only shows today and tomorrow (Monday). I have to assume they're filled for tomorrow and that won't change, but maybe at midnight there will be Tuesday openings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Most people have plenty of food and TP at this point. Everyone really needs to chill. The supply chains are fine, but there will be some shortages due to the hoarding.
With everything closing, I think deliveries are going to be very tough due to massive demand.

And I'm not looking to hoard. I have enough food and TP, but most of the food isn't stuff I really want to eat. I mean, it's fine for an emergency but I want to get like a week's worth of good stuff and have the other stuff as backup.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I've probably refreshed 100 times. It only shows today and tomorrow (Monday). I have to assume they're filled for tomorrow and that won't change, but maybe at midnight there will be Tuesday openings?
Well, I just got my Whole Foods delivery set up for tomorrow (Monday). Thanks for the tip, porterhouse. Hopefully it doesn't get canceled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts