Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 09:31 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,388,746 times

Advertisements

I was gonna come to ME in July.

Your dumb out of stater quarantine for ppl outside of NH & VT is ludicrous. I’m sure Maine is beautiful but you are keeping tourists away & hurting your economy that would ultimately be helped by tourism.

I’m not coming now & a lot of others wont either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 04:12 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,549,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post

Your dumb out of stater quarantine for ppl outside of NH & VT is ludicrous. I’m sure Maine is beautiful but you are keeping tourists away & hurting your economy that would ultimately be helped by tourism.

I wish the woman responsible for a case near my home had stayed away as well. She was tested but didn't wait until after receiving her results to go out. She's exposed a lot of people who should be isolating now.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:00 AM

762 posts, read 1,751,263 times
So, regarding having proof of negative test results, it sounds like the state is not setting up checkpoints at your borders where they ask to see your proof. Rather than that, they are putting the responsibility on owners of commercial lodgings to request those papers and turn people away if not furnished?

So, it is possible to go to Maine but if you don't have the papers, nor a non-commercial place to stay, and have to quarantine, you could find a parking spot and sleep in your car or van or RV? And if one does that, how would anyone know the date of their arrival in the state? This seems impracticable.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:51 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,694,037 times
The Briarwood in Lincoln is a big motel. They are booked solid well into July. The other two motels are nearly full. Sleeping Bear Campground in Lee is full for most of the summer. However, Queen Janet's bad publicity has scared off many long term visitors.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:41 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,491,883 times
So do I, but if it is the same person (and you trust the case numbers) it was not a good thing to have a meeting like the person attended. They should have asked the people before they planned the meeting if they had been out of state. Of course the person could have lied. Granted it wasn't a huge group, but huge enough. With 1 person having the ability to infect more than two others, it doesn't take many to start the geometric progression of case numbers. With the elderly number of people in this area, a wildfire spread would do what NMLM has been saying for years, wipe out the population of northern and downeast Maine, or at least the elderly portion, which is a majority.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:31 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,067,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post

Tough situation all around for everyone.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:33 AM

1,204 posts, read 779,308 times
So I have a question, I am hoping y'all can help clarify. I am currently in Durham NC and was planning a camping trip to Acadia NP in late Aug or early September. With Maine now making out of staters self-quarantine, will I be allowed to be in Maine (in campgrounds? outdoors?)? I do not plan to stay in an Airbnb/hotel or go to restaurants (maybe just curbside pickup, if absolutely needed), etc. There will be two of us and two dogs. We just want to see the national park, spend some time outside, hike and camp. Obviously I will reschedule my trip if this causes any problems, but, I was really looking forward to it. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Old 07-01-2020, 08:40 AM

23,619 posts, read 18,749,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
So I have a question, I am hoping y'all can help clarify. I am currently in Durham NC and was planning a camping trip to Acadia NP in late Aug or early September. With Maine now making out of staters self-quarantine, will I be allowed to be in Maine (in campgrounds? outdoors?)? I do not plan to stay in an Airbnb/hotel or go to restaurants (maybe just curbside pickup, if absolutely needed), etc. There will be two of us and two dogs. We just want to see the national park, spend some time outside, hike and camp. Obviously I will reschedule my trip if this causes any problems, but, I was really looking forward to it. Any thoughts? Thanks!
You can currently avoid the quarantine with a negative Covid test from <72 hours prior to arrival. And who knows, things might be relaxed more by then but that's looking doubtful considering the surges going on in some areas of the country.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citychik View Post
So, regarding having proof of negative test results, it sounds like the state is not setting up checkpoints at your borders where they ask to see your proof. Rather than that, they are putting the responsibility on owners of commercial lodgings to request those papers and turn people away if not furnished?

So, it is possible to go to Maine but if you don't have the papers, nor a non-commercial place to stay, and have to quarantine, you could find a parking spot and sleep in your car or van or RV? And if one does that, how would anyone know the date of their arrival in the state? This seems impracticable.
Good questions. I'd love to know the answers as well. It seems like this will be hard to implement, but maybe the officials are hoping that it will keep some people out. I will be happy to get the papers if it's absolutely necessary. I do not plan to stay at any hotels, but a little worried if they could block me from getting a camping spot (or at least deny entry when we get there).

Old 07-01-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
You can currently avoid the quarantine with a negative Covid test from <72 hours prior to arrival. And who knows, things might be relaxed more by then but that's looking doubtful considering the surges going on in some areas of the country.
Good to know! Thank you. Yes, if some projections are correct, we are all supposed to hit the second wave this Fall. If that's the case, I'll probably plan a staycation and try either the Outer Banks or Smokies. They should be less crowded in September in both places.

In NC, our cases are going down and some cities never lifted the "stay at home" or "mandatory mask" orders (Durham, NC for example). But, who knows what could happen after a bunch of dumb****s decide to party this long weekend. In two weeks, the cases may go up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine