Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:36 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,341,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Welcome to th forum and thanks for reading and responding. It's nice to see someone investing themselves in a small business in Maine.
Thank you!
I'm happy to have found this site. I'm still learning my way around. I have learned to slow my reading down so I don't miss the important things.

I was wondering if anyone had a place they enjoy when they are in the city of Bangor? I usually eat in Brewer most of the time when I travel that way for things, but I'm wondering what I'm missing in Bangor that is unusual and delicious??
Thanks again msina!
Tami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 07:41 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,431,049 times
Welcome to the forum Tami.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
Welcome to the forum Tami.
Thank you.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:39 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,393,584 times
I'm not the one to ask for dining reccomendations . We really don't eat out. We don't do take out either. In the last year I've been out for lunch once with a friend at a buffet, more for the convenience in a meeting spot than choice of the moment.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:04 AM

That's okay msina,
When I travel with my husband ( on our day off) we will make our meal an event for us. We're busy all the time, and this gives us time to talk and relax.
So our trips "for supplies" to Bangor, we always want a good meal, warm atmosphere, & great service. It's kind of like a mini moment vacation for us for well needed "US.

Around my neck of the woods~... basically I only met my mom for lunch once a week and I have my friends meet me at our restaurant for dinner. It also gives me a chance to see what's going on out front.

I'll hang in there and see if anyone has anything that matches that description in Bangor.
smiles
Tami

Old 03-15-2008, 07:38 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,257,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Thank you!
I'm happy to have found this site. I'm still learning my way around. I have learned to slow my reading down so I don't miss the important things.

I was wondering if anyone had a place they enjoy when they are in the city of Bangor? I usually eat in Brewer most of the time when I travel that way for things, but I'm wondering what I'm missing in Bangor that is unusual and delicious??
Thanks again msina!
Tami
welcome to the forum, tami...

i heard in the wind, a new restaurant may open up in orono,,a casual place with some entertainment. (lynn, russ, care to comment?)

Old 03-15-2008, 07:54 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,905 times
Hi Peachie! Welcome to the forum

We like the Sea Dog down along the waterfront. It has a nice atmosphere and so far I've enjoyed everything I've ordered

Old 03-15-2008, 10:57 AM

12,420 posts, read 3,233,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Thank you!

Thanks again msina!
Tami
SeaDog on Front Street on Monday I am hoping to try the Whig and Currier or Paddy Murphy's

Old 03-16-2008, 06:16 AM

Default This was a nice place for us...

Years ago, when my husband and I were "courting" we would go Whig and Currier. It was simple and yet quite enjoyable for us to meet there. Very busy when we go.
Thank you mainebrokerman, mollysmiles, & Mainer61 for the welcome and all your suggestions.
It's nice to be apart of such of personal and informational group. I've been reading around this site for all kinds of information. Really good~!

Oh, if your ever up by Sugarloaf, the Grand Herbert Hotel in Kingfield, Maine is a "flash back in time".
Dinner was wonderful and the rooms... were roomy and the bed was so comfortable Steve and I would agree we would of stayed asleep if we didn't have an alarm clock. I think there was sleeping gas in the mattress. he he
Great food and service was nice. We found it accidental at night coming home from Ottawa Ontario. We were going to stay in Skowgen but once we got there and the food was so great~ we didn't want to leave so we asked to stay.
Very nice....~
Tami

Old 03-27-2008, 08:04 AM

Unhappy Mollysmiles.... I forgot to write back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Hi Peachie! Welcome to the forum

We like the Sea Dog down along the waterfront. It has a nice atmosphere and so far I've enjoyed everything I've ordered
Oh, I forgot to send a note a while ago to you mollysmiles.
shame on me.

I will check that restaurant out.

I'm not much on seafood.
( I can feel the crowd getting restless when I say that) gulp
I always say, I'm from Maine, and I'm friends with the Sea... so I can't eat friends. lol well..... something like that.

Is the Sea Dog alot of seafood?
Would there be something for little ole me??
Tami
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine