Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 11:36 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreditWitch View Post
OMG LOL Mardens!!! I had to show my husband of 9 years (never been to Maine) a marden's comercial on You Tube. He thinks we are darn nuts!!!!

Ok...back to the food...
Marden's is the best!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 03:36 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Marden's is the best!!
That is the truth!!!
I still have several treasures I picked up years ago. Every year, when we go back to Maine for a visit, we stop in at least 2 different Marden's!!
You never know what you may find

Old 01-04-2008, 04:40 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
I hate those Mardens ads. But do love the stores! When ever I go down to Brewer I always stop at the weathervein after stopping into Mardens. There was a little Restaurant on a side street in Madawaska called Crystals. They had some seriously good food. In Van Buren I always stopped at Johns restaurant. Around Waterville I like the truck stop on the first exit north of the town limits. In Mattawamkeag there is a little place right downtown that has very good food (just ask, it is about the only place in town). In Patten the Patten General store used to have a dining room off to the side and served very good homestyle food.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:18 PM

254 posts, read 1,183,327 times
I'd have to say the Lobster Shack, just for the view. And the lobster rolls aren't too bad either. A new supposedly authentic "Maine" restaurant opened up in a California strip mall called the Old Port Lobster Shack. I keep meaning to go in and see what it's all about, but I think my grandmother would roll over in her grave if I paid $18 for a lobster roll. In California, no less.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:24 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Raymonds Variety in Lee. Great breakfasts and home made pies.
Have to agree on Raymond's Variety as it is about the only full-service restaurant serving the area. Food is plentiful, good and reasonably priced, but the pies, although are home made, are not made inhouse. The cheesecake in particular is made by a woman in Lincoln - in her house - and she does not work for Raymond's.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:25 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times
Its been awhile, but is Judy's still in Bangor at the corner of Larkin St. and I can't remember the cross street. They had the best fried clam strips around. There are alot of good eats up there, and you sure do miss them when you escape South.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:35 PM

12,420 posts, read 3,231,835 times
Try the Brass Compass in Rockland for breakfast. Excellent..desserts are good, too.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:52 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,241,235 times
The New Friendlys crab roll is also great. I really like their poached haddock with crab sauce. Thier portions tend to be on the large size, which I can enjoy on the week-ends.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:50 AM

104 posts, read 338,650 times
Mia's upscale restaurant located in Saco. Their food is phenomenal!!!! It is the best I have had in this area. Ingredients are all locally grown and bought. Delicious!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:11 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,079,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Valley Living, The Long Lake Sporting Club! That is the real name of the place I was thinking of.

As a side note, if anybody goes to Slopes, go to the Pub side, the dining side has about as much ambiance as eating in a school gym. I cannot recommend the Flatiron steak enough there as well!

The Lakeview is a very good place to eat, a bit noisy if full, but the views are fantastic.
I tried Slopes and was highly disappointed. It wasn't really busy but service was very slow, an hour after ordering we still hadn't got anything and when we finally managed to get someone to find out what was going on we were told that they had run out of most of what we ordered. I'd like to see Gordon Ramsey straighten them out. Maybe it was just an "off" night.

Irish Setter- been there a number of times, always pleased.

Helen's in Machias- never been displeased.

Moody's Diner- I've been eating there since the 60s whenever I can get by there.

Cervesa's Southwest Grill in Newport- great service, great food.

Front Porch in Newport- BBQ almost as good as in Texas, try the spicy pulled pork sandwich.

There are some more good ones, but I've done so much driving and eating over the last year that I can't remember the names or just exactly where they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine