Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:07 AM

281 posts, read 1,055,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
hi CreditWitch, welcome to the forum the popovers at the Pond House are amazing, and homemade onion rings at governors, and the coffee pot sandwiches with the line going out the door---yum!! My dad was the first pizza cook at Tri-City Pizza years and years ago

I'll add the "New" Friendly Restaurant in Perry--you would be hard pressed to find a better lobster roll anywhere! And another of my favorites, though further away is Ruth and Wimpy's in Hancock.....I know I've mentioned them before but they're great!
Thank you for the welcome! I managed to come home in October for the weekend. I still make hot pop overs from my Maine cook book. First Pizza cook at tri city? WOW what history! But I am biased and I drive a Georgia truck that is personalized with "A Mainah" Ohhh one more

When I went home I made a bee line for Weathervane in Brewer "Brewah!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,396,072 times
Welcome to the forum!! The Weathervane has a good lunch menu, I like to get the "1/2 and 1/2" with scallops and haddock. I haven't been there in a couple years but always enjoyed it on a shopping day that included Marden's.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:36 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,435,447 times
We ate at Weathervane in Belfast twice over 4 days, because the kids wanted to go back and see the "friend" (the manager) and the lobsters. The ladies in there remembered us and asked all about how our trip was going and even remembered where we were headed days before the second meeting with them and wanted to make sure we found our way alright. It was quite impressive! I just can't say enough about how kind and friendly and helpful Mainers were to us.

And the food was excellent! They had a corn chowder that was divine!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 12:22 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,114,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMathTCHER View Post
...We also like the Nook & Cranny Restaurant that is out RT 9 about four miles.
Looks like a little dive diner but a friend recommended it to us and said the cook from the Chandler House Restaurant in Calais bought it and now cooks there....

yes! I'm glad you mentioned that....the food is great!! the drive is nice too, out of town a little bit but not too far out for it to be inconvenient. DH does gift certificates for his staff each year from a local business--this year it was the Nook & Cranny!

Old 01-02-2008, 12:26 PM

48,187 posts, read 22,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
yes! I'm glad you mentioned that....the food is great!! the drive is nice too, out of town a little bit but not too far out for it to be inconvenient. DH does gift certificates for his staff each year from a local business--this year it was the Nook & Cranny!
What a nice old time expression "Nook and Cranny" It is darn right picturesque!

Old 01-02-2008, 01:11 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,277,685 times
We vacation at Goose Rocks Beach (Kennebunkport) 2-3 times per year...my favorites in that area are:
1. The Wayfarer in Cape Porpoise. GREAT breakfast. Have only been for dinner once and it was very good.
2. The Ramp in Cape Porpoise. Nice, casual place out by the pier. It's small so be prepared to wait.
3. Nunan's Lobster Hut in Cape Porpoise. Classic lobster shack. Also be prepared to wait.
4. Federal Jacks in Kennebunk (just over the bridge from Kennebunkport). Great place to bring kids, good brews and food.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:11 PM

12,420 posts, read 3,234,393 times
Some of the food at New Friendly in Perry is pretty greasy...be careful. Try The Waterworks (used to be the Water Company) in Rockland. Everything is excellent with good portions.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:13 PM

12,420 posts, read 3,234,393 times
Helen's isn't like it used to be in the '80's. We haven't had a bad experience, but it's not as good as back then.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainer61 View Post
Helen's isn't like it used to be in the '80's. We haven't had a bad experience, but it's not as good as back then.
LOL I'm not as good as back then either......who is! And I havent had a bad experience either.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:29 PM

I once ate at a restuarant in Eastport that our very own and much beloved Mollysmiles waitressed at one summer. We may have been like ships that passed in the night but then again....maybe not. It was called the Cannery and the decor reflected the building's previous use as a sardine packing factory. Out here in California I thought of it again when I went to Montery and visited the warf and "cannery row" of Steinbeck fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine