Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 07:20 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,037,030 times

Advertisements

What are your favorite places to eat out?

Here are a few that I enjoy.

1. Helen's, Ellsworth (sea food, homemade pies, down-home cooking)
  2. Green Tea, Bangor (Japanese & Chinese)
  3. Big G's , Winslow (big sandwiches)
  4. Cancun, Waterville (Mexican)
  5. Ming Lee, Waterville (Chinese)
  6. Roselyn, Rockland (Thai)
  7. JJ's Snack Shack, Rockport (Seafood, Hot-dogs, Burgers, take-out only)
  8. The Great Wall, Augusta (Chinese Buffet)
  9. KFC, Western Avenue, Augusta. (Chicken Buffet)
  10. Ichiban, Bangor (Japanese)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 07:44 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,694,384 times
Here are some of my faves:

Cappy's Chowder House - Camden (Love the shrimp quesadilla)
Long Grain - Camden (Yummy Asian food)
Primo - Rockland (I've only eaten there once since is so pricey)
Home Kitchen Cafe - Rockland (Awesome breakfast)
Scott's Place - Camden, in Reny's parking lot (Good burgers and sandwiches)
Dockside - Belfast (Good family restaurant)
Rollie's Bar and Grill - Belfast (Yummy pub food)
Boynton McKay - Camden (Another good breakfast spot)
Bagel Cafe - Camden (Love the Italiano bagels with veggie cream cheese)
Geddy's - Bar Harbor

Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,901 times
Jordan's Snack Bar -Ellsworth
McKay's-Bar Harbor
Mama DiMatteo's- Bar Harbor
Walter's-Portland
Bar Harbor Inn-Bar Harbor
Ocean Drive Dairy Bar-Bar Harbor
The Governors
The Thirsty Whale-BH-Great food

Old 05-30-2012, 12:46 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
My Fav Places, is different than where do I usually stop to eat- many places Ive gone I really liked but it's pricey- but here are some of my favs (Tho I stop to eat out most everyday, it's rare I go to the pricey ones) there is a distinction here- I really liked the harrasseket in freeport-its a 5 star restaurant-but I havent been there in 10 yrs, same as the white barn in kennebunk, those may be my favs if i was loaded, or wanted to impress someone, but in reality, here are a few places I like

Brownie's Pittston=great Battered whole gut FRIED CLAMS-I don't think they've changed the grease since I was a kid, so it tastes the same as it did 35 yrs ago

Nook&Cranny Restaurant-The owners are very nice and the food is great! I like stopping here on my downeast journeys- nice atmosphere

Rolandeau's In Auburn-great prime rib, and always have had good luck (had our wedding party dinner there many moons ago)

Graziano's in lisbon- this place looks like a restaurant in the movie goodfella's- it's been around for over 50 yrs and looks it-but it's like a trip back in time-has thousands of pics/photos on the wall-most are autographed, the hostess looked to be 90, and could answer many questions about the place and many of the dignitaries that have been there. I was impressed/surprised to see a sign photo of Chief Jay strongbow- a childhood fav wrestler
Im sure the place -like the hostess has seen better days, but both had character you can't buy.

The senator Inn In Augusta, A rare treat- one of the better restaurants in the area- I will go there once in a while with my son, and have a Pig-out, a splurge on anything and everything we want on the menu

A-1 diner in gardiner- was on the food network channel- they have liver and onions on the menu-not that I order it-but respect a place that has it today- the place looks the same as It was 40 years ago

The Hi Hat drive in- farmingdale , I took my son here to eat every sunday for about ten years- we would sometimes have 2 ice cream sundaes for breakfast- all the other kids in the place- would stare at us "that's what I want mommy" No! you can't have ice-cream for breakfast! would be the response -our once a week vice

Steves in waterville - always had good food-use to like a place called Miller's too(big buffet)

ucef's in caribou had really good steaks

Old 05-30-2012, 04:38 AM

48,117 posts, read 21,997,640 times
Street & Co. Portland for (upscale) Seafood

Sonny's Portland...a creative and original menu....we sit at a table in the bar and look out the window at the people in the park outside. Menu is always different and even when being adventurous....it is always top quality and well presented and delicious.

The Maine Diner...Rt. 1 in Wells.. my fav. diner great food and service....gets crowded....its huge portions and good food are not a secret!!

Duck Fat...... Portland.... really good sandwiches and memorable fries.

Frog and Turtle Westbrook always have a good time and good food. I forgo the home made dipping donuts.....a once in a lifetime indulgence..... I really want to try their Poutine (they have an extensive and interesting bar menu).

Last edited by elston; 05-30-2012 at 04:48 AM..

Old 05-30-2012, 09:02 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,364,364 times
We always made a habit of Francine when my wife lived in Camden...it's pricey but the food is outstanding

Francine Bistro

Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,678,521 times
Raymonds on Route 6 in Lee has great food at low prices. It opens at 4 AM and everything is home made.
I second the endorsement of Nook And Cranny in Woodland on Route 9.
The Bagaduce on the Bagaduce River is seasonal. It has the world's best fried clams.
Helen's in Machias or Ellsworth has clams that are almost as good.
Cole's Family Restaurant in Gray has hearty home style food at good prices.
Grammies on Route 2A in Linneus has outstanding food, but be hungry. Portions are huge.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:51 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,202 times
I have to third the Nook and Cranny.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:29 PM

476 posts, read 748,080 times
…you guys are making me hungry!
Sounds like a lot of great suggestions, and many independents, too!

Old 05-31-2012, 05:46 AM

341 posts, read 641,424 times
Cleonice, Ellsworth
Bangkok Restaurant, Ellsworth
Finn's Irish Pub, Ellsworth
Milbridge House Restaurant, Milbridge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine