Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:15 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra Barone View Post
Mmmm...lobster roll at The Fisherman's Co-op in Pemaquid Harbor
I just love the place next door. Shaw's Fish and Lobster Wharf. Best lobsters I've ever had. Great place to go enjoy a cold beer on a warm summer afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 07:28 AM

12,420 posts, read 3,231,155 times
Shaw's always had excellent lobster stew--though I haven't been there for a few years. Davinci's at the Bates Mill in Lewiston has great food, also

Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,379,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookncranny View Post
Good Morning,
I wanted to say thank you to those that mentioned us. We appreciate feedback very much. Good of course is always "great", but we can learn from good and bad as well.
When we first got this ole time favorite building the ole "Carl's Restaurant, it needed some work since it had been retired for a few years. What a job we had to commit to on the inside. To save some I decided to hit tag sales and thrift stores to decorate most of the 3 rooms of the restaurant. A wonderful response from our customers on the decore. Recycle and reuse family favorite items for our walls really worked out. This summer we will be doing our best to work on the outside of the building since we spent the first year & a half working on the inside.
Our menu grows next month too.
Well, thanks again for the feedback. Have a wonderful day!!!
Sincerely,
Tami
nookncranny
Welcome to th forum and thanks for reading and responding. It's nice to see someone investing themselves in a small business in Maine.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:54 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,971,814 times
I'm gonna go to the nook & cranny when I get back to Eastport, it'll be a good place to have a nice lunch while yard saleing.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:42 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,994,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
I'm gonna go to the nook & cranny when I get back to Eastport, it'll be a good place to have a nice lunch while yard saleing.
I was wondering where it was located. Is it in Eastport or in the vacinity?

Old 03-13-2008, 11:56 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,971,814 times
elston - It's just outside of Calais on Route 9, the Airline road, heading to Bangor

Old 03-13-2008, 12:05 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,663,209 times
I wanted to add Roy's All Steak Hamburgers in Auburn to the list. It's on The corner of Minot Ave. and Route 4 in Auburn. Excellent Hamburgers on steamed buns. Don't forget to add the grilled carmelized onions and hand cut french fries! Yum!

Old 03-13-2008, 05:11 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,422,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Here in Vista CA at a strip mall I saw a new Pizza place called "Wicked Good" I figure they must be from Maine. I am not sure that is a good recommendation for their pizza. Though come to think of it, I had hand thrown pizza in Bar Harbor that was very very good, so I won't knock Maine Pizza.
Here's one of my girls "throwing" pizza that is "wicked good."
(She's camera shy!)

Old 03-13-2008, 05:46 PM

48,115 posts, read 21,994,714 times
Wicked! thanks 7th generation.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:13 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Happens to the best of us.
I did a job in Rangeley, then had to drop off a couple of replacement items the following day in Jackman. I ended up in some geezly place called Eustis (or something like that.) The only way I know the name was because I ended up stopping at somebodys house to ask just where the living daylights I was, and how do I get to where I want to be. They were kind enough to draw me a map through a bunch of woods roads and I think frigging goat trails to get over close to Jackman. Somewhere in my wanderings that day I ate at a gas station that looked like it stepped right out of a 30's postcard inside. They had a few tables and no menu, just a chalkboard nailed to the wall with the days lunch offerings written on lined notebook paper and taped to it. (no kidding, giant azzed nails drove in and clinched over the sides holding it in place). I don't know if it was because my stomach thought my throat had been cut and I was 3/4 starved to death or because it was really that good, but they had the BEST meatloaf and mashed potatoes I have ever had in a restaurant.

There is no way I would EVER find that place again. I drove through places I had never even knew we had places named. Dallas, Sandy River Plantation, Salem, Bigalow, and numerous others. Some had a sign by the road and NOTHING else that I could see. Not even a house that was by the road I was on. I thought I was beginning to live a Stephen King novel for a minute. Somewhere along the 350 miles I drove that day I found that place.

my family had a camp in eustis for over 50 yrs, beautiful area!! the road from eustis to rangely,(believe its rte 16) is one of the most scenic roads in maine.

the meatloaf place you mentioned, sounds like a store in philips/strong area i use to stop at yrs ago....they had the best home-cooked meals!!
its comical, you never know what you will see/find when you walk into a general store, in rural towns in maine,,,anything from a deer/moose head staring at you as you walk in, to a sit down counter with the best food in the area.
in sabattus,(just outside lewiston) there's a hardware store that has a mounted (stuffed) lion, and other safari animal mounts all over the store.
i found it quite interesting, not everyday you see that!!

just dont have a stuffed sea-gull!! (a restaurant owner had an old stuffed sea-gull (in camden, i believe) and the state confiscated it!!, it had been there for years!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine