Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 PM

454 posts, read 886,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Not assuming you do. Just saying, as Radar O'Reilly would say, nothin' wrong with a little moolight nudidity! Maybe a little back from the burning embers!!
Didn't mean you, El....you're comment just reminded me of those who do "assume"

And I imagine those embers would leave quite a mark!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 02:02 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,658,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitched View Post
Thanks! It is SO nice to be able to have the privacy of the woods, and the lake. Hopefully soon, YOU will be able to have a bit of that for yourself
And you are always welcome to join us, of course!

And I don't know about you, but it just makes me chuckle and shake my head when people ask or assume that we "cavort nekked around a fire in the moonlight".

I'd be too paranoid of those flying embers...lol
Thanks, I may well visit now and again. As to the manner in which one cavorts... when in the circle, do as the others do is just plain good manners. so I promise to stay gowned (and cloaked as well in the colder months no doubt.).

I didn't become a witch for the orgies <g> I knew that OTHER crowd long before -- they were called "swingers" then... who knows now -- and they were pretty strange folk. Now, normally I LIKE strange... but... not my cuppa... but yea folks do have strange ideas about many groups. Several of my kids are LDS (Mormon) and they get a lot of comments when they drink Coke, Pepsi or 'Dew or when they were younger, would talk about dating or going to a dance.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:15 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,524,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Thanks, I may well visit now and again. As to the manner in which one cavorts... when in the circle, do as the others do is just plain good manners. so I promise to stay gowned (and cloaked as well in the colder months no doubt.).

I didn't become a witch for the orgies <g> I knew that OTHER crowd long before -- they were called "swingers" then... who knows now -- and they were pretty strange folk. Now, normally I LIKE strange... but... not my cuppa... but yea folks do have strange ideas about many groups. Several of my kids are LDS (Mormon) and they get a lot of comments when they drink Coke, Pepsi or 'Dew or when they were younger, would talk about dating or going to a dance.
Could it be because those who adhere strictly to LDS teachings don't drink any caffeine... alcohol etc. I had a friend that converted and was very surprised at the letter of the law for her. I grew up Catholic and stayed that way for 30,, couldn't imagine giving up my morning coffee.. you would not want to be around... believe me!

Old 11-03-2007, 08:04 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,088,455 times
"couldn't imagine giving up my morning coffee.. you would not want to be around... believe me!"

Sounds like me. Takes about an hour and two cups of strong black coffee before I even begin to resemble anything human...and that's as far as I get.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:17 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,756,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
"couldn't imagine giving up my morning coffee.. you would not want to be around... believe me!"

Sounds like me. Takes about an hour and two cups of strong black coffee before I even begin to resemble anything human...and that's as far as I get.
ditto: though maybe 2 /2 cups are needed

Old 11-03-2007, 08:10 PM

411 posts, read 899,553 times
Quote:
Nothing like dancing nekkid in the moonlight in the middle of the woods! Who needs a costume?
Back to being naked again El? Count me in!!!

Old 11-03-2007, 08:57 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,430,011 times
You know me. I have to say, it seems anytime I emerge from my room fully clothed, my kids start asking, "Are we going to the store?"

And the other day my mom called to say my step-dad was on his way over to pick something up. She just called to make sure I was dressed!

Yes, well, the first step is admitting you have a problem........

Old 11-03-2007, 10:18 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,430,011 times
And changing the subject now.......I came across this article about how much coffee it takes to kill you!

How many coffees does it take to kill a man? - That's Fit

I tend to sip on coffee most of the day, though I've found if I don't stop by 4-5pm, I have trouble with reflux at night. Took me a long time to learn that is a trigger for me! Anyway, I drink about 4 cups a day, I guess. Occasionally more if I'm heavily socializing that day, but usually about 3/4 of a pot all to myself! I think that falls with the "safe from death" range!

Old 11-04-2007, 03:01 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,524,069 times
Wow .. that's a crazy amount of caffeine. My DH drinks only caffeinated beverages all day long .. starting with the coffee and then moving to the coke. I am relieved that the number to kill him is more than he drinks in 2 or 3 days. Whew, you had me worried for a minute.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:18 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,088,455 times
Quote:
And changing the subject now.......I came across this article about how much coffee it takes to kill you!

How many coffees does it take to kill a man? - That's Fit

I tend to sip on coffee most of the day, though I've found if I don't stop by 4-5pm, I have trouble with reflux at night. Took me a long time to learn that is a trigger for me! Anyway, I drink about 4 cups a day, I guess. Occasionally more if I'm heavily socializing that day, but usually about 3/4 of a pot all to myself! I think that falls with the "safe from death" range!

I can't get it to come up. What does it say?

(I used to drink several pots of coffee each day, then I found out that after a certain point, increased caffeine dosage actually works in reverse and it makes you more tired, according to one study I read. I've since dropped to a more reasonable one to one-and-a-half pots.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine