Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:22 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,419,586 times

Advertisements

Nothing like dancing nekkid in the moonlight in the middle of the woods! Who needs a costume?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 11:23 AM

581 posts, read 712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Nothing like dancing nekkid in the moonlight in the middle of the woods! Who needs a costume?
Are you thinking about me again?

Old 11-01-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
This is a major complaint and a sad reflection of the society we've become....2 of my 4 chldren went trick or treating. Katy, who is 14, really loaded up, and yes, she's a little old but around here trick or treating doesn't really stop til you're 15 or 16. BUT here's the problem--not ONE Bit-O-Honey in the entire haul poured onto the dining room table to be "checked"!!!! WE are denying our children the joy of learning to tuck one of those into your pocket to get it to exactly the right softness and the chewy yummy taste!! We have become a society dedicated solely to the chocolate companies of the world!!!! AND only 2 jolly ranchers---neither of which were green apple!!! Now, I'm a die hard chocolate lover, but geeez, a little honey once in a while is a good thing!!

now I have to go buy some!! (but it's 1/2 price today! )
Molly, you're absolutely right. Bit-O-honey eating is a science and an art and we are derelict in not passing on these skills to the next generation. It sucks!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:33 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,097,500 times
David, in the spirit of that Bit-O-Honey education, I'm going to replace every piece of their chocolate with the BOHs....how do you think that'll go over??

Old 11-01-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
David, in the spirit of that Bit-O-Honey education, I'm going to replace every piece of their chocolate with the BOHs....how do you think that'll go over??
They will thank you in later years - say 50 or so.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:49 AM

Y'all are making my mouth water! It's been years since I had Bit O'Honey. I had forgotten all about them.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:54 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,097,500 times
well I ran out this morning thinking I'd find some, but no luck Did manage to come home with a new scraper to use getting the old dining room wallpaper off though.....doesn't seem like much of a trade-off!!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:56 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitched View Post
And the weather was great for all of the little ghosts and goblins.....great for us witches to celebrate outdoors, too.

Star....you seem like an OK witch to me!
Why, thank you, Bewitched! I will be glad when I am in a place where I feel more comfortable celebrating outdoors -- a little privacy (even when cavorting nekked is not on the program) is a good thing. I have NONE... there is no "back" yard as the building is about 5 feet from the property line, and to the east and west, about 10 feet and then a road. On the north side is the parking lot and (the parcel of land is triangular) ends in "the point" at a crossroads -- which I have been known to make use of from time to time.

I HAVE done my workings out of doors when it was called for -- I am pretty good with the "cloak of invisibility" in many contexts, as even the patrol cars driving by saw nothing out of the ordinary -- but usually just do the majority of what I do indoors and step out briefly when needed.

There are some places within a reasonable driving distance where one can have a little more solitude, but even there, no guarantees...

Your place sounds wonderful!

Old 11-01-2007, 12:44 PM

454 posts, read 886,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Why, thank you, Bewitched! I will be glad when I am in a place where I feel more comfortable celebrating outdoors -- a little privacy (even when cavorting nekked is not on the program) is a good thing. I have NONE... there is no "back" yard as the building is about 5 feet from the property line, and to the east and west, about 10 feet and then a road. On the north side is the parking lot and (the parcel of land is triangular) ends in "the point" at a crossroads -- which I have been known to make use of from time to time.

I HAVE done my workings out of doors when it was called for -- I am pretty good with the "cloak of invisibility" in many contexts, as even the patrol cars driving by saw nothing out of the ordinary -- but usually just do the majority of what I do indoors and step out briefly when needed.

There are some places within a reasonable driving distance where one can have a little more solitude, but even there, no guarantees...

Your place sounds wonderful!
Thanks! It is SO nice to be able to have the privacy of the woods, and the lake. Hopefully soon, YOU will be able to have a bit of that for yourself
And you are always welcome to join us, of course!

And I don't know about you, but it just makes me chuckle and shake my head when people ask or assume that we "cavort nekked around a fire in the moonlight".

I'd be too paranoid of those flying embers...lol

Old 11-01-2007, 12:48 PM

Not assuming you do. Just saying, as Radar O'Reilly would say, nothin' wrong with a little moolight nudidity! Maybe a little back from the burning embers!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine