Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 10:22 PM

323 posts, read 993,390 times

Advertisements

That story Northern Maine Man is soooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 06:19 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,104,828 times
This is a major complaint and a sad reflection of the society we've become....2 of my 4 chldren went trick or treating. Katy, who is 14, really loaded up, and yes, she's a little old but around here trick or treating doesn't really stop til you're 15 or 16. BUT here's the problem--not ONE Bit-O-Honey in the entire haul poured onto the dining room table to be "checked"!!!! WE are denying our children the joy of learning to tuck one of those into your pocket to get it to exactly the right softness and the chewy yummy taste!! We have become a society dedicated solely to the chocolate companies of the world!!!! AND only 2 jolly ranchers---neither of which were green apple!!! Now, I'm a die hard chocolate lover, but geeez, a little honey once in a while is a good thing!!

now I have to go buy some!! (but it's 1/2 price today! )

Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,754,752 times
Bit-O-Honey = very tasty!

I love the reference to it melting in a pocket ( or tightly clenched fist).....those were the days

Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,973,799 times
Don't forget to stock up on Halloween decorations for next year. They're 75% off here on Nov. 1 - and Fall decorating things like leaf swags and wreaths are also on sale.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,104,828 times
OMGosh! I *knew* it was Nov 1 but until I saw it typed out just then, I didn't really think about it! Holy cow....my parents always told me time goes faster as you get older, and I didn't really disbelieve them, but I didn't realize just how true it is!! I remember being in grade school and the year just seemed to go on forever....wow!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:10 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,427,643 times
Here are a few of the trick-or-treaters from last night.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:34 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,387,188 times
I had three teenage girls come to the door that were not in costume. I asked them "why no costumes?" They replied " I'm Lindsey Lohan, She's Paris Hilton and she's Britney Spears, but we wear panties".

Old 11-01-2007, 10:04 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,085,227 times
Unfortunately I too have been too successful with Halloween frights and no one comes round anymore. My wife and I have done a little medeival re-enacting. One year I was dressed in period garb, with a leather mask and hooded cloak and holding a somewhat largish broadsword raised in a striking position. I stand over 6' tall, have a beard, and have the ability to remain almost completely motionless, with a respiration rate so low that it is hard to tell if I am breathing. I reduced the voltage in the front light so that it was sort of dim and stood in a partly shadowed area.

Visitors would look at me for a while, then ask my wife "Is it real?", whereupon I would move and growl. Many older children, out without parents, did not even dare to come down the driveway, they would point, whisper, and move on.

The upside of that is, no one dares TP or egg my house.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:41 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,547,807 times
Does laughing about all the people who were scared enough to pee themselves or never return make me sadistic? I think it's hysterical.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:15 AM

454 posts, read 886,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Unfortunately I too have been too successful with Halloween frights and no one comes round anymore. My wife and I have done a little medeival re-enacting. One year I was dressed in period garb, with a leather mask and hooded cloak and holding a somewhat largish broadsword raised in a striking position. I stand over 6' tall, have a beard, and have the ability to remain almost completely motionless, with a respiration rate so low that it is hard to tell if I am breathing. I reduced the voltage in the front light so that it was sort of dim and stood in a partly shadowed area.

Visitors would look at me for a while, then ask my wife "Is it real?", whereupon I would move and growl. Many older children, out without parents, did not even dare to come down the driveway, they would point, whisper, and move on.

The upside of that is, no one dares TP or egg my house.
LOL
I would have smacked you with my broom....at least until you broke out the mead

We didn't have a single trick-or-treater , but we don't live by any main road, and we are the only house down here in the woods that isn't a summer home....I missed them though, I love seeing all the little ones so proud of their costumes and all hyped-up on candy.

And the weather was great for all of the little ghosts and goblins.....great for us witches to celebrate outdoors, too.

Star....you seem like an OK witch to me!

One note: For those of you thinking how blasphemous, unnatural, or how wicked that sounds.......educate yourselves, and read a book!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine