Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,912,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Yeah, you are right. And Newsboy called me out on it. But you have to remember that Newsboy was making the claim that all cities should look towards downtown Savannah as a standard bearer for downtown renewal. He made the claim that I was the first person he ever heard call downtown Savannah a tourist trap. You at least admit a piece of it is a tourist trap. He actually seemed offended over my opinion. Like most on here, he wanted to argue opinions ... no discussion allowed. After that, well, I was just messing with him. (He claimed I had a beef with Savannah then asked me to never come back. That was friggin' funny right there!)
Because Savannah has the historic tourist draw working for it, its renewal efforts are/were directed differently than say Macon would/should/could go with its downtown renewal plans. Or Greenville went, or Chatanooga.
That was my point, and he never got it. I hope you do.
I honestly do.But Macon does have good bones.It seems like nowadays you do have committed people that have put aside there differences to Macon viable.I just think its slow because so many jobs have left and not returned on a large scale.I took a few friends there for a daytrip from France.I live in Atlanta.My parents live in Warner Robins.Warner Robins is vibrant but its sucks as far as having anything remotely as a historic downtown.Macon has that,but its all dead in its core.my friends loved it.They thought it was "picturesque".From the Hay House and at the time the Music Hall of Fame which was a blow to have lost.
Do you know if they offer "enterprise zones" like they do in Atlanta in economically depressed areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
RNF

141 posts, read 234,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Once again I am going to ask ... are you going to add anything to the topic? Do you have an opinion of why Maconites are obsessed with their downtown?
You have made two posts in this thread and in neither one did you comment on the topic. And you think I am derailing the thread? Classic.
I miss your opinions, I haven't laughed real hard on here since you stopped posting. Surely you have an opinion, do you care to share it or are you just trying to derail another thread by going off topic?
Pretty contradicting considering this post, your posts in this thread, and your overall post history. I've already responded to this thread. However when you have people constantly derailing thread after thread I surely have the right to express it in the thread that's being derailed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon