Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2021, 11:29 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc1701 View Post
Question for those who've gotten vaccinated. Maybe I'm just paranoid. The first dose I had soreness for a couple of days after. I got the second dose yesterday. I didn't feel any pinch or pain while getting it or any soreness afterwards.

Now I'm thinking that the needle didn't get to my muscle and the second dose was just subcutaneous. Is there anyway to know for sure? I guess if I get Covid, I'll know...lol

You probably had a talented shot-giver. I had the Dtap last month and historically have had side effects and a very sore arm to the point it's almost unuseable. THis past time, nothing. I felt nothing when she gave it too. My mom is a nurse and is also a very good shot giver. Some people have a knack.
If it went in your upper arm you're good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 11:33 AM

244 posts, read 669,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
You probably had a talented shot-giver. I had the Dtap last month and historically have had side effects and a very sore arm to the point it's almost unuseable. THis past time, nothing. My mom is a nurse and is also a very good shot giver. Some people have a knack.
If it went in your upper arm you're good.
It went in my upper arm. Thank you for making me feel better.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:59 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Agree with your post. If you can get the vaccine through your company, then please do so. The more people we have vaccinated, the sooner life will get back to normal. In some countries, they are giving out a green passport to indicate that you have been vaccinated and allows residents to participate in certain events, including travel.

There's a website, "Dr. B" and if you register with them, they can text you if there are local extra vaccinations that will be discarded. These can be administered to anyone who can show up on short notice.

Messenger RNA is a game changer and is very safe. A husband and wife team developed it, piggybacking on other similar vaccines like the one for HPV. Since they didn't have to start from scratch, the development was very fast.
Thanks for Dr B. I signed up. They will give it to anyone even if you’re not eligible? I’m assuming they don’t want the vaccines to go to waste so… Yes?

But if you get called then how do they schedule your second vaccine?

Old 03-11-2021, 01:15 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Thanks for Dr B. I signed up. They will give it to anyone even if you’re not eligible? I’m assuming they don’t want the vaccines to go to waste so… Yes?

But if you get called then how do they schedule your second vaccine?

Your second vaccine gets scheduled when you get your first. It goes pretty smoothly once you're in the pipeline.

Old 03-11-2021, 09:22 PM

They saying all adults to be eligible by may 1st but that doesnt mean i’ll have my appt by then.

CT looking better & better!

Old 03-12-2021, 11:42 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
They saying all adults to be eligible by may 1st but that doesnt mean i’ll have my appt by then.

You have to attest to having either a health issue or a qualifying job when you schedule your vaccine. But the list is pretty broad. Cuomo said that 12 million New Yorkers were eligible(and this was when it was 65+) which is the vast majority of our adult population. If you Uber or DoorDash part time, or even volunteer in a soup kitchen, you're good to go. If you have hypertension or asthma or if you ever had cancer and a bunch of other things. They will probably ask for ID depending where you go on a job. For the med thing I was once diagnosed with hypertension so I printed out my chart and that was fine.

They just opened TONS of new March appointment at the state sites today. My guess is the age will be lowered to 40 or 50 very soon. Supply seems to be flowing now.

Good luck.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
You have to attest to having either a health issue or a qualifying job when you schedule your vaccine. But the list is pretty broad. Cuomo said that 12 million New Yorkers were eligible(and this was when it was 65+) which is the vast majority of our adult population. If you Uber or DoorDash part time, or even volunteer in a soup kitchen, you're good to go. If you have hypertension or asthma or if you ever had cancer and a bunch of other things. They will probably ask for ID depending where you go on a job. For the med thing I was once diagnosed with hypertension so I printed out my chart and that was fine.

They just opened TONS of new March appointment at the state sites today. My guess is the age will be lowered to 40 or 50 very soon. Supply seems to be flowing now.

Good luck.
I have none of those things lol

I’m 39 so i hope it’s not 40. That’s gonna f me more than im already f’d

Last edited by Jdawg8181; 03-12-2021 at 11:56 AM..

Old 03-12-2021, 12:55 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
I have none of those things lol

I’m 39 so i hope it’s not 40. That’s gonna f me more than im already f’d
If you really want one sooner you could get a second job or volunteer. If not, I would think by May the latest you will get able to get it.

Old 03-13-2021, 05:15 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,881,015 times
Quote:

Based on my experience, I'm guessing appointments will be 2 months out once the general population is eligible. But that also depends on whether they'll have more vaccination sites and/or quicker production. At my site, I'm guessing there were at least 20 of us all with the same time slot.

Plus the fact there's now a J&J 1-appt vaccine.

BTW, they never even looked at my doctor's note nor verified it.

Old 03-13-2021, 05:33 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post

BTW, they never even looked at my doctor's note nor verified it.
This is happening alot, especially with the moderna and pfizer shot. They don't want to waste the dose, so they just keep all the appointments. The whole rollout is a Moderator cut: language removed We had a year to prepare, and still screwed it up. Politics could ruin a wet dream.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-15-2021 at 07:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island