Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 07:29 PM

20,319 posts, read 21,254,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Really.....why??

This is the United States, where we're all supposed to be treated equally........
Because it’s the United States.
Everything is racist and insensitive.
Ev-re-thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2021, 09:44 AM

47 posts, read 47,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb11111 View Post
If you sit on the NYS website and click on the aqueduct link non-stop for an hour you will more than likely see appointments for within the next few weeks. Just keep clicking the link to check to see if it gives you an appointment time. If you get the page that says no appointments available, close that browser tab immediately and do it again, and again, and again, and again, over and over. And when you finally see a time and not the no appointments available page, don't take your time looking at the date or the time, immediately scroll down and accept it and click to secure the time. You have to be very fast to scroll down and click to accept the time. If it's not a good time you can always close the page before filling out the form which they give you several minutes to complete, but if you hesitate even for a second to look at the date/time you'll be SOL. Be patient and you'll get lucky. Click, exit, click, exit, click, exit... When they update the site with appointments, there are a lot of them at once. I've been able to secure times for many people doing that process over the last few weeks. Do it for a while and if it doesn't work, try back a few hours later. I've had a lot of success after 10pm. More often than not you'll see a time, try to click on it, and by the time you click through to accept the time, it's gone. But keep trying.

I've never seen an appointment time come up for Jones Beach or Javits in all the times I've tried getting appointments for people. Don't know why but only Aqueduct has worked for me, which is the closest to me anyway.

The whole thing is annoying and frustrating but the process does work. And if you have a date that you want to move up, you can sign up a second time for an earlier date but you have to cancel the later one within 48 hours or they'll cancel the later one for you automatically. They'll email you the day after you make the duplicate appointment and text you that you need to cancel it because I assume they batch process overnight and look for duplicate names / birthdays, is my guess. I had March 12th and yesterday I was able to move it up to tomorrow.
I tried this, and finally succeeded for the Stony Brook location. Thanks for the tip, it definitely worked!

Old 02-28-2021, 10:36 AM

158 posts, read 388,131 times
Quote:
If you sit on the NYS website and click on the aqueduct link non-stop for an hour you will more than likely see appointments for within the next few weeks. Just keep clicking the link to check to see if it gives you an appointment time. If you get the page that says no appointments available, close that browser tab immediately and do it again, and again, and again, and again, over and over. And when you finally see a time and not the no appointments available page, don't take your time looking at the date or the time, immediately scroll down and accept it and click to secure the time. You have to be very fast to scroll down and click to accept the time. If it's not a good time you can always close the page before filling out the form which they give you several minutes to complete, but if you hesitate even for a second to look at the date/time you'll be SOL. Be patient and you'll get lucky. Click, exit, click, exit, click, exit... When they update the site with appointments, there are a lot of them at once. I've been able to secure times for many people doing that process over the last few weeks. Do it for a while and if it doesn't work, try back a few hours later. I've had a lot of success after 10pm. More often than not you'll see a time, try to click on it, and by the time you click through to accept the time, it's gone. But keep trying.

I've never seen an appointment time come up for Jones Beach or Javits in all the times I've tried getting appointments for people. Don't know why but only Aqueduct has worked for me, which is the closest to me anyway.

The whole thing is annoying and frustrating but the process does work. And if you have a date that you want to move up, you can sign up a second time for an earlier date but you have to cancel the later one within 48 hours or they'll cancel the later one for you automatically. They'll email you the day after you make the duplicate appointment and text you that you need to cancel it because I assume they batch process overnight and look for duplicate names / birthdays, is my guess. I had March 12th and yesterday I was able to move it up to tomorrow.
100% accurate. I did this for my wife an got an appointment for yesterday at Aqueduct. For those 65 and over, I suggest trying the Rite-Aid website. Gives 8-10 places within a 25 mile radius.

Old 02-28-2021, 10:45 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,848,375 times
Quote:

I DM'd you as well, but awesome, thanks! Got my wife a date and moved mine up 4 weeks. Like the worst video game ever, but it worked! Many thanks.

Old 02-28-2021, 11:05 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,443,057 times
6 mos from now, we all we be worried about getting the booster shot. This seriously is a joke.

Old 02-28-2021, 02:34 PM

6,720 posts, read 3,356,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
6 mos from now, we all we be worried about getting the booster shot. This seriously is a joke.
You got THAT right!! 10X worse than DMV............

Old 02-28-2021, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
6 months from now nobody will care about covid because we’ll be in a full blown recession.
We’ll be more worried about paying the rent.
They’ll keep moving the goal post back and forth as needed for covid-control while they continue to utterly obliterate the economy. While appointing “women” with penises to government positions.
The worst is nowhere near over. Not even half way up the hill yet.

Old 02-28-2021, 05:42 PM

691 posts, read 594,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
6 months from now nobody will care about covid because we’ll be in a full blown recession.
We’ll be more worried about paying the rent.
They’ll keep moving the goal post back and forth as needed for covid-control while they continue to utterly obliterate the economy. While appointing “women” with penises to government positions.
The worst is nowhere near over. Not even half way up the hill yet.
Wait for the $8 gallon of gas! It's coming, along with $6 carton of eggs, $10 gallon of milk.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
Wait for the $8 gallon of gas! It's coming, along with $6 carton of eggs, $10 gallon of milk.
Good luck heating your homes. Oh, and that will also drive up electric bills.
Real estate will tank. All the cidiots that waaay overpaid for their “safe house” in the country, they’re gonna be regretting that big time, gonna be a fun time for sure. But don’t worry, public sector employees will still get their raises and full pensions. So as you sit there freezing in the dark, wondering how you will pay the mortgage, enjoy the fact that your property taxes will still increase.
The 2nd Great Depression is coming.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:42 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,443,057 times
Who needs gas with electric cars, and electric for home with solar? I don't see the issue. LMFAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island