Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 12:07 PM

122 posts, read 236,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Respectfully, the bolded line is the daftest thing I've heard on here all day. I'm eligible, logged in the day it opened and have late March for shot 1. It's lame, pathetic and the culmination of 4 years of destroyed national infrastructure and partisan political posturing. It is in not by any measure "going well." Hopefully, it IS getting better, but it's still a shame and embarrassment.
You do realize that the feds purchased x amount of vaccines and you are on the back of the line since theyre still vaccinating doctors, nurses, nursing residents, etc.

So, with only 2 million vaccines distributed to NYS, they have vaccinated close to all the phase 1 population as of now.

You can't ask for more vaccines because those producing the vaccines are tapped out and still have contracts worldwide with many different countries, including Europe.

We have 4 million doctors and nurses(combined)in the US.
That's 8 million doses.
We have 1 million police officers.
We have 3 million in the military.
We have 4.5 million first responders.
We have 1.2 million fire fighters in the US.
We have 2 million nursing home residents.
We have 400k nursing home nurses only

That is even before people over 75 can take the vaccine.
There are over 14.2 million people over 75.
There are 39.8 million people between 65 and 75 yrs old.

That is about 78 million people eligible.
Each people need 2 doses. So, they need 156 million doses needed to avast that group.

So far, in the US, as of February 23, 2020; we have had 82 million doses distributed nationwide.
65 million doses have already been administered.

If we want to talk numbers, the federal gov't has given New York 3.8 million doses in total.
Of those, we have:
- 2.4 million first doses
- 1.4 milion second doses

We have:
- 50K doctors in New York.
- 190K registered nurses in New York.
- 90K nursing home residents.
- 160K nursing home staff.
- 67K Police officers
- 60K first responders
- 110K firefighters
- 650K federal employees in NYS
- 790K people over 75 yrs old.
- 750k people 65-75yrs old.

That is a total of 3 million who are eligible for the vaccine. The total is 6 million doses. NYS has received 3.8 million doses so far.

The fact that early in December, states with a political affiliation to the President and low covid numbers received MORE doses than states in need of them is what has made this a mess.

Alaska - 230K doses given. Population: 730K. 32 doses per 100 people.
Florida - 5.5 million doses given. Population: 21.48 million. 25 doses per 100 people.
Texas - 5.9 million doses given. Population: 29.4 million. 20.1 doses per 100 people.
New York - 3.8 million doses given. Population: 19.4 million. 19.5 doses per 100 people
California - 7.4 million doses given. Population: 39.78 million.18.6 doses per 100 people.

You can see a HUGE contrast between them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 12:15 PM

297 posts, read 197,507 times
you can check who is getting vaccinated by handing out IQ tests.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:24 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,833,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
LMFAO, always blaming the other side. Wouldn't matter who was in office, it would still be a cluster fk!
Both sides are to blame. Both sides are mostly the same. It is only rubes and schmucks who think their team is "the " team. The GOP has simply become rudderless, conspiracy idiots is all, not my fault.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontesi View Post
You do realize that the feds purchased x amount of vaccines and you are on the back of the line since theyre still vaccinating doctors, nurses, nursing residents, etc.

So, with only 2 million vaccines distributed to NYS, they have vaccinated close to all the phase 1 population as of now.

You can't ask for more vaccines because those producing the vaccines are tapped out and still have contracts worldwide with many different countries, including Europe.

We have 4 million doctors and nurses(combined)in the US.
That's 8 million doses.
We have 1 million police officers.
We have 3 million in the military.
We have 4.5 million first responders.
We have 1.2 million fire fighters in the US.
We have 2 million nursing home residents.
We have 400k nursing home nurses only

That is even before people over 75 can take the vaccine.
There are over 14.2 million people over 75.
There are 39.8 million people between 65 and 75 yrs old.

That is about 78 million people eligible.
Each people need 2 doses. So, they need 156 million doses needed to avast that group.

So far, in the US, as of February 23, 2020; we have had 82 million doses distributed nationwide.
65 million doses have already been administered.

If we want to talk numbers, the federal gov't has given New York 3.8 million doses in total.
Of those, we have:
- 2.4 million first doses
- 1.4 milion second doses

We have:
- 50K doctors in New York.
- 190K registered nurses in New York.
- 90K nursing home residents.
- 160K nursing home staff.
- 67K Police officers
- 60K first responders
- 110K firefighters
- 650K federal employees in NYS
- 790K people over 75 yrs old.
- 750k people 65-75yrs old.

That is a total of 3 million who are eligible for the vaccine. The total is 6 million doses. NYS has received 3.8 million doses so far.

The fact that early in December, states with a political affiliation to the President and low covid numbers received MORE doses than states in need of them is what has made this a mess.

Alaska - 230K doses given. Population: 730K. 32 doses per 100 people.
Florida - 5.5 million doses given. Population: 21.48 million. 25 doses per 100 people.
Texas - 5.9 million doses given. Population: 29.4 million. 20.1 doses per 100 people.
New York - 3.8 million doses given. Population: 19.4 million. 19.5 doses per 100 people
California - 7.4 million doses given. Population: 39.78 million.18.6 doses per 100 people.

You can see a HUGE contrast between them.
Wow, that's a whole lotta blah blah blah data.
Actual stats say it's really 12.4% got 1 shot, 6% got the second in NYS.

See how simple I made that. 12.4% vaccinated. Puts us in the bottom 2/3s of all the states. Yeah, it's goin swell.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:35 PM

122 posts, read 236,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Wow, that's a whole lotta blah blah blah data.
Actual stats say it's really 12.4% got 1 shot, 6% got the second in NYS.

See how simple I made that. 12.4% vaccinated. Puts us in the bottom 2/3s of all the states. Yeah, it's goin swell.
This is what happens when you don't want to see actual data.
I broke it down from raw numbers given from the feds and NYS numbers, so a 6 yr old could understand it

Old 02-23-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontesi View Post
This is what happens when you don't want to see actual data.
I broke it down from raw numbers given from the feds and NYS numbers, so a 6 yr old could understand it
No, you muddied it to the tune of the 3 lies "lies, damned lies and statistics." If I went into a meeting with your list, zzzzzzzzzzz. Say "12.4%" and you've gotten people's attention. And it confirms, "pretty awful job", not "it's going very well." But whatever...cut and paste to your heart's content. Maybe you'll find a 6 yr old with time to sort through it and get the same answer I got in 3 seconds. U.S. is at less than .5 doses per 100 people. That's a half of a percent! Yowza! Killing it! Not only individual states doing poorly, the whole country is in the weeds on vaccinations. Believe whatever you like. All that data doesn't inflate your point beyond "perspective." It doesn't speak to the "success" of vaccinations at all which was what I responded to. If we were vaccinating "well" I'd be vaccinated. I'm in 2 essential groups and registered on Jones Beach day 1. Still waiting for my turn (late March). Still not enough vaccines. Still no appointments.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html

Last edited by monstermagnet; 02-23-2021 at 01:34 PM..

Old 02-23-2021, 07:18 PM

9,191 posts, read 13,292,539 times
Default How are people getting vacinated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
No appointments. No appointments. No appointments. Appointments available - Potsdam. No appointments. WTF? What secret don't we know?
Yeah, I know what you mean. My parents in their 70s are trying to get the shot but my father says the NYS website is always booked up. Meanwhile my older relatives in Florida have had the shot already for weeks.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:19 PM

9,191 posts, read 13,292,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Government still trying to dissect me because apparently I am immune to covid and all of its various strains. Another reason I had to move and go off grid.
Nah, its because they want to dissect your brain Karl.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:14 PM

20,221 posts, read 20,990,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Nah, its because they want to dissect your brain Karl.
Yeah that too. But they’re in for a big surprise when they find a vacant space.

I’m still amazed that Florida has a larger population than NY.
I just can’t fathom how so many people want to live in Florida.
Astonishing.

Old 02-23-2021, 10:50 PM

4 posts, read 1,847 times
State website is not updating or they’re not doing it for some reason. I called the the state vax line last night and was able to get an appointment at Jones beach on March 14th, they were giving me an earlier date but I couldn’t make that date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island