Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 12:46 AM

57 posts, read 152,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
I just got a call from a department manager for a kitchen position at vdara and he told me that I have the job. He said that he would call me again during the 2nd week of september so that I can come in and sign papers. *dances*
Congratulations! I on the other hand went in for an interview with the GM at Mandarin Oriental today and was offered a full time position at MOzen Bistro as a food server. Training starts 3rd week of October. Opening is on the 4th of December. To the rest of all the other applicants, don't lose hope! THey're starting to call people for job offers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 01:07 AM

181 posts, read 340,930 times
well thats cool people are finally getting affirmations on being hired, now can rest easy.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:10 AM

317 posts, read 834,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude64 View Post
well thats cool people are finally getting affirmations on being hired, now can rest easy.
I think internals are all getting offers first. I was told by a cc rep that internals will get offers at the end of August..

Old 08-27-2009, 01:22 AM

well i hope we outsiders start getting ours soon

Old 08-27-2009, 01:33 AM

15 posts, read 62,586 times
Hey! I'm here reading the comments on the city center from indianapolis, in and i've been wanting to move to vegas for a possible job as a bellman. I've got the experience and know how for any hotel, my concern is i keep seeing "vegas" exp. Just what does that mean? For this position any fool should know it's all about (service) and the years of exp. Should translate to excellent service, of course it also helps that you have a positive attitude and some personal selling skills(which i do have). But it seems like everyone who has applied has mixed emotions about the hiring process. So my question is simply this, , , , , for a person coming from out of town and having at least ten years exp., is it worth goin through all the trouble???

Old 08-27-2009, 01:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,480 times
I don't really know how this works. I'm just really frustrated with the process, as you all are. I have been in fine dining, etc., for a lot of years, but I'm not from Vegas. My husband moved here for his business, and I'm just trying to "catch up", "work", and trying to fit in. I'm amazing at what I do.... but noone seems to care... I applied at "Vdara"...., made it through 2 interviews, but noone has called me for a drug test.... Nothing is said negativily in my emails but you all have had one.... Anyone want to comment?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,480 times
Default My last message...not understood

I meant to say, you all seemed to have been drug tested already, and I have been to 2 interviews, all seemingly positive, but no call yet.... any comments....

Old 08-27-2009, 01:53 AM

i moved here from san diego in 93 when treasure island was getting ready to open and i got hired there, i actually think alot of new hotels like people from out of state because for 1 thing they may come across a guest from the same part of the country or world and the guest might feel more comfortable talking with someone from their neck of the woods, plus vegas is an international city. so i believe regardless of where your from we all have the same chance at hire. as far as vegas experience i suppose i have enough of that myself having helped open treasure island, bellagio and gvr

Old 08-27-2009, 01:58 AM

15 posts, read 62,586 times
Esnewbie, at least you're there, , , , , , , , , can you imagine what it's like to be at a distance still deciding, , , , anyhoo, , ,i'm sure you'll git called and after two interviews, you'll git the job

Old 08-27-2009, 05:36 AM

89 posts, read 233,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim carter View Post
RinVegas. How many interviews have you gone through? My app still says open and active. I had my department interview in march.
Hey, I went through the first stand-up screener interview, then another interview. They both went great. Then, I got an email that said "congratuations, you are a strong candidate and are still in consideration." Since then I havent heard anything.

What's interesting is that my friends who have already taken drug tests and 3rd interviews never got that congratulatory email that I got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas