Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 01:22 PM

29 posts, read 57,669 times

Advertisements

Hello good people : I have some more info on the hiring proccess. Yesterday I talked to a cc rep about my status. He said all my pre employment requirments were complete and the next step is a job offer ( if i am selected ) he also stated they would be making offers after labor day through the end of the month. This is a different answer than I recieved before ( 15-28 ) I then asked him if I needed to return to Vegas for the job offer. He said I would need to return for the job offer and then again for paperwork ( Healthcard,cpr,w4, ect. I asked if I could do it all in one trip and he said no. So for all you out of towners plan on 2 more trips if you are selected. I guess I will be racking up a buch of frequent flyer miles. I hope this info helps and will let everyone know if I get an offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 01:55 PM

77 posts, read 164,211 times
thanks for the info. kinda disappointed not to be in the first set of emails but hopefully more will follow.sounds like they will. also was wondering about having to return to accept a possible offer(out of towner).

ny yankee fan are you an internal transfer? i am and wonder if that will affect the return trips. i think we bypass the drug test as current employees

Old 08-22-2009, 04:29 PM

47 posts, read 103,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Yankee Fan View Post
Hello good people : I have some more info on the hiring proccess. Yesterday I talked to a cc rep about my status. He said all my pre employment requirments were complete and the next step is a job offer ( if i am selected ) he also stated they would be making offers after labor day through the end of the month. This is a different answer than I recieved before ( 15-28 ) I then asked him if I needed to return to Vegas for the job offer. He said I would need to return for the job offer and then again for paperwork ( Healthcard,cpr,w4, ect. I asked if I could do it all in one trip and he said no. So for all you out of towners plan on 2 more trips if you are selected. I guess I will be racking up a buch of frequent flyer miles. I hope this info helps and will let everyone know if I get an offer.
That is great, so if I have a second department interview in food &
beverage on the 28th of this month: then a little over a week later
after labor day: (the 7th of September), I will know if I have a job
or not......so then I can move on to something else, if nothing
clicks, or......... we all can start rioting!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2009, 05:33 PM

181 posts, read 340,832 times
Default city center hiring process

i went for my B&D over a month ago and still havnt heard anything altho the job i applied for is no longer being offered and my account at CC careers is still active so i am hoping in the coming weeks i will get a call for a schedule and uniform

Old 08-23-2009, 01:53 PM

Default internal transfers

have the job offer emails arrived on different days for people at the same property?several at my property but still nothin for me. wonder if there will be more than one wave of offers based on acceptance response?

Old 08-23-2009, 03:00 PM

317 posts, read 834,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwwe1 View Post
have the job offer emails arrived on different days for people at the same property?several at my property but still nothin for me. wonder if there will be more than one wave of offers based on acceptance response?
Hello hhwwe1,
Which MgM property do you currently work for? I'm not a internal applicant, but I was told at my 2nd department interview by a cc rep that internal employees will start recieving offers at the end of August

Old 08-24-2009, 12:32 AM

detroit. ive heard august and september. but yeah several people just got an offer, just hoping that aint it.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:49 AM

113 posts, read 239,528 times
Anyone's application status still open and active, still waiting for notice to take their drug test?

Old 08-24-2009, 11:32 AM

26 posts, read 72,873 times
Based on the way this corporation has mishandled the hiring process by simply abusing applicants, will forever prevent me from entering their soon to be bankrupt project. Spending a year waiting for an answer on a crappy service job? Are you crazy? How much did your trips cost to interview? I seem to recall in the real World, that companies will pay for candidates to come to interviews.

It almost sounds like a small fragment of the shattered Vegas gaming economy--Get a few plane loads of "city-center applicants" to come visit in this beautiful August weather. Did they even provide a discounted room for your visit?

As an "outsider," your chances are slim to none.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:57 PM

38 posts, read 74,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchofBlarney View Post
Based on the way this corporation has mishandled the hiring process by simply abusing applicants, will forever prevent me from entering their soon to be bankrupt project. Spending a year waiting for an answer on a crappy service job? Are you crazy? How much did your trips cost to interview? I seem to recall in the real World, that companies will pay for candidates to come to interviews.

It almost sounds like a small fragment of the shattered Vegas gaming economy--Get a few plane loads of "city-center applicants" to come visit in this beautiful August weather. Did they even provide a discounted room for your visit?

As an "outsider," your chances are slim to none.
Actually with all the people applying for these positions it would be a very stupid move as a company to pay for all the applicants. What company do you work for? I have worked for some large corporations and not ever have expenses been paid until a contract is signed, thats why I'm wondering where you work!! I guess a different "real world" then me. And these crappy services jobs can be extremely lucrative with a hard worker and a good personality. All applicants were given a timeline when they applied. On top of that we all knew when it was opening. As far as abusing applicants?????Where did you get that? I honestly felt like they bent over backwards to accommodate me during my visit. I guess being an outsider you wouldn't understand so maybe you should keep your offensive comments to yourself. I don't think people appreciate being called crazy! And really if Im working there I definitely don't want a negative client like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas