Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 PM

47 posts, read 103,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverage_server View Post
joieboy,
I had total of 3 interviews, but just 2 department interviews. I think each department is different and because they had so many applicants for cocktails they needed another round of interv. to narrow it down to the top percentage. It sounded like that the 2nd dept. interv. was the final interv. for them to make decisions.
So, that means that the last step: in this process with either be a:
(yeah) or a (neah). "check out the icons". I also have a second
department interview scheduled later this month. (toward the end
of the month) and they are interviewing so many candidates.

That is that. Alot of people will be chewing their fingernails: thru out
the month of September.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joieboy. View Post

So, that means that the last step: in this process with either be a:
(yeah) or a (neah). "check out the icons". I also have a second
department interview scheduled later this month. (toward the end
of the month) and they are interviewing so many candidates.

That is that. Alot of people will be chewing their fingernails: thru out
the month of September.
They also built this real nice bridge over Hoover Dam.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joieboy. View Post
They also built this real nice bridge over Hoover Dam.
only kidding, was only trying to make people laugh.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:30 PM

29 posts, read 57,679 times
Passionsfan4rever

I also live out of state, I applied in January and had my department interview in March.
I was called in July by cc and asked if I was still interested in the position. she told me someone would call me to take the next step in a few days, Well 3 weeks later I got a call to drive to a testing clinic 30 miles from my home to take a hair folicle test. The lab in Vegas sent a test kit and after I gave my hair they sealed everything had me sign it and sent it back to vegas. I called yesterday to see if they had everything they need from me and was told everything was back and I was good to go. The next step ( If I am selected ) will be a call Sept 15-28 to offer employment. I have tried several times to get the inside scoop but they will not crack ( Well Schooled ) I hope this helps and good luck and as the cc reps always say hope to see you in the city.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,039,624 times
so you only had one interview?

Old 08-19-2009, 12:16 AM

66 posts, read 125,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Yankee Fan View Post
Passionsfan4rever

I also live out of state, I applied in January and had my department interview in March.
I was called in July by cc and asked if I was still interested in the position. she told me someone would call me to take the next step in a few days, Well 3 weeks later I got a call to drive to a testing clinic 30 miles from my home to take a hair folicle test. The lab in Vegas sent a test kit and after I gave my hair they sealed everything had me sign it and sent it back to vegas. I called yesterday to see if they had everything they need from me and was told everything was back and I was good to go. The next step ( If I am selected ) will be a call Sept 15-28 to offer employment. I have tried several times to get the inside scoop but they will not crack ( Well Schooled ) I hope this helps and good luck and as the cc reps always say hope to see you in the city.
When I got the call from CC I was not home but a voice message was left for me to return CC's call and I did. I was trying to see if I could speak to the person who contacted me,the CC rep.asked my name and such,put me on hold and for some reason they didn't transfer me to the person who contacted me,they just said....and the reason why we called you is to verify your zip code so we can send information about the drug test.
So I verified and she said thanks,I then asked her if my app. was still active she said everything was fine and then was the end of our conversation.
I then called CC back couple of hours later just to clarify my last call,if I needed to still talk to the CC person who contacted me,and again put me on hold and said no need to and we'll be contacting you again,you live in this town? Your zipcode is? I answered and said thanks we will be calling you again.
This was all last week and by your reading your reply post, I'm guessing it will be in a couple of weeks CC will be contacting me again.

I'm guessing it takes awhile for both CC and the nearest clinic to make arrangements for us out of staters to drug test.

Trying to relax,after all.....it sounds like CC would like me to take the next step which would be their drug test. So....I shouldn't worry just yet??

The first CC rep. made it sound they would send me the information in the mail. Good thing i called CC again to verify cuz im not getting information in the mail. The first rep. is making me wonder. Sigh.

Thanks again for you help Yankee fan.
How much of the paperwork did you get for the drug test so i can get an idea as to how many times i am going to sign my life away. lol.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:26 AM

29 posts, read 57,679 times
passionsfan4ever

They take hair samples from 3 different areas and put them in a clear plastic bag with a red seal. They have you initial across the seal. They then put that bag in another bag with another seal that gets the same. They also ask for a picture id and you sign a form. It gets sent back by fed x.I asked the tech how far back the test is accurate. She said 90 days. I have had many pee tests working in the airline industry but this was my first hair test.I always thought they pulled hair to check the roots but instead they simply cut it at the base of the hair.If they called you to confirm you zip I'm sure you will be getting a call soon.BE patient and keep the faith.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:55 AM

47 posts, read 122,463 times
Well at least we have exact dates now 15-28? I was just told Sept so thats good news. Time for the wait to be over!!

Old 08-19-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzybrit View Post
Well at least we have exact dates now 15-28? I was just told Sept so thats good news. Time for the wait to be over!!
How about a: rendevous at a local starbucks?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:05 PM

159 posts, read 287,515 times
have any bartenders been called back after the drug test or heard anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas