Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 02:32 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,496,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
No, the part where the poster said:

has no culture, no good history, and is all about materialism and greed.

The more times I visit the less I like the place as a place to call home.
There is culture in Las Vegas and it is continually evolving for the better. Vegas did not evolve a second ago, so to say there is no history is wrong. You are correct about materialism and greed but then again it is the same worldwide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 03:03 AM

646 posts, read 1,158,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
...And you've been there since June? Wow! Don't do too much too quick or you'll find yourself running out of things to do. But then I guess there's always Utah, Arizona and California nearby...
Hmm. Do you suppose that anyone who lives in SoCal has been to be beach more than once?

Last edited by DianeV; 08-20-2013 at 03:47 AM..

Old 08-20-2013, 10:05 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,798,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
...And you've been there since June? Wow! Don't do too much too quick or you'll find yourself running out of things to do. But then I guess there's always Utah, Arizona and California nearby...

Glad you like Las Vegas!
We've had 2 multi-day trips to California, and one to Arizona.. I'm not worried about running out of things to do. In a city of this size, there's always something!

Old 08-20-2013, 07:21 PM

719 posts, read 1,481,723 times
I spent years as a child in CA, (Los Angels area) so being in Las Vegas made it convenient for me to "go home" to visit now and again. Unfortunately, finances restricted those trips but when I move back to LV, I plan to visit CA at least three or four times a year. Things I like about living in Las Vegas included proximity to other states, the weather (yes, even the hot summer), the large number of restaurants, stores and free shows. Let's see.. I also liked the people, the inexpensive rent, the seeing mountains in every direction and the wonderful public transit system.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:52 PM

5 posts, read 5,038 times
I have lived in Henderson a few years ago and have absolutely fell in love with Las Vegas and the surrounding area. The only reason we moved was due to economic struggles, but now that we are in a more stable industry and I have the option of living just about anywhere, we are seriously considering moving back to Nevada. Out of all the states we've lived, my children feel homesick for Vegas and are looking forward to the day we move back there!

Old 08-21-2013, 12:54 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,963,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I think you are spot on. This is the 13th state in which I have lived, and I've traveled all over the world. Within the first week I was here, I felt right at home. Each person is different. We seldom go to the Strip, but it is nice to know it is there if we want to enjoy it. We like to spend some time on Fremont, but even that time is getting less and less as we meet and become friends with more and more locals. Our circle of friends has grown from 3 when we moved here to over 40 in just over 2 months. There is a cookout just about every weekend somewhere, at someones house, we see live music 3 or 4 nights a week, and investigate all Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and Henderson have to offer. Hell, we even spent a day in Boulder City, and are on our way out the door to go explore Primm and points West. I honestly can't imagine anyplace feeling MORE like home than this valley.
That's great! Are these your neighbors or did you join groups or co-workers? Happy to hear you are loving it!

Old 08-21-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
That's great! Are these your neighbors or did you join groups or co-workers? Happy to hear you are loving it!
It's actually people in the music scene, musicians and fans alike. We have a "Vegas family" that includes probably 50 or 60, but we just haven't met them all. We have a core group and we're together 3 or 4 nights a week. We like rock music. We have some friends who we only get to see a couple days out of the week because they're on tour and fly out Thursdays and come back Sundays this time of year, but that will settle down when the season ends in a couple months. Other than that, we're found wherever our friends are playing locally.. The Lounge @ Palms, Vamp'd, Club Madrid @ Sunset Station, The Dive Bar, Club Fortune, Coco Lounge @ Fiesta, Foundation Room, etc. We all share a common interest, and were accepted immediately into "The Family". Some have been here there entire lives, and some are relatively new to the area. While we don't have as large a group of close friends as we did back in New England, we found good friends very quickly here, and are enjoying every day!

Old 08-21-2013, 01:05 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,963,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
It's actually people in the music scene, musicians and fans alike. We have a "Vegas family" that includes probably 50 or 60, but we just haven't met them all. We have a core group and we're together 3 or 4 nights a week. We like rock music. We have some friends who we only get to see a couple days out of the week because they're on tour and fly out Thursdays and come back Sundays this time of year, but that will settle down when the season ends in a couple months. Other than that, we're found wherever our friends are playing locally.. The Lounge @ Palms, Vamp'd, Club Madrid @ Sunset Station, The Dive Bar, Club Fortune, Coco Lounge @ Fiesta, Foundation Room, etc. We all share a common interest, and were accepted immediately into "The Family". Some have been here there entire lives, and some are relatively new to the area. While we don't have as large a group of close friends as we did back in New England, we found good friends very quickly here, and are enjoying every day!

That's great!! Sounds fun! One of my friends in MI is bugging me to go to Vamp'd. She wants me to try to get a picture of someone (can't remember who at the moment) because she just loves him. Must be on a reality show...Detroit area guy? She's a biker, so he might be too? I haven't gotten over there yet. She said he is there on Sundays, I think.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:09 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,841,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
That's great!! Sounds fun! One of my friends in MI is bugging me to go to Vamp'd. She wants me to try to get a picture of someone (can't remember who at the moment) because she just loves him. Must be on a reality show...Detroit area guy? She's a biker, so he might be too? I haven't gotten over there yet. She said he is there on Sundays, I think.
I think she wants a picture of Danny Koker (sp?). He has a reality show. He also owns Vamp'd.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
I think she wants a picture of Danny Koker (sp?). He has a reality show. He also owns Vamp'd.
He's there most nights, actually. He normally is in the kitchen or at the sound booth. Occasionally he will go out on the patio. Super nice guy. And if she's a biker, I probably know her LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas