Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2008, 10:40 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all, Yeah for football! Last Sat. morning we stopped for a sausage biscuit and there was a family from McMinneville their. Their dd had on a shirt that said "Life is to short to be a VOL" and under it was that black and gold Vanderbilt. My comment to them was Yes life is to short when you are from Vandy, it takes along time to beable to play with the big boys. Daddy winked, momma chuckeled, but the dd did NOT like it. Oh well.
Oh, snap!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:44 AM

105 posts, read 521,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Hi All -

I don't know about you all but I am ready for the long weekend!

It's almost Football Time in Tennessee!!

I am ready for the long weekend - and I had SO hoped to be living in Maryville by football season!! Football time in Tennessee would have been so much more fun up there.

Oh well, maybe Christmas.....

Old 08-28-2008, 12:58 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
I am ready for the long weekend - and I had SO hoped to be living in Maryville by football season!! Football time in Tennessee would have been so much more fun up there.

Football is very serious up here, problem is I am a Miami Dolphin fan and they dont show a lot of Dolphin gamesAnd I will whisper real quiet "Gators"

Old 08-28-2008, 03:46 PM

811 posts, read 2,009,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Football is very serious up here, problem is I am a Miami Dolphin fan and they dont show a lot of Dolphin gamesAnd I will whisper real quiet "Gators"
You know, coming from Baltimore, we had the Ravens local to us (for NFL) but even the fan support we saw there compares NOTHING to TN and their love for their VOLS!!

However, I am not a Raven's fan, I am a Steelers fan (ooh, the colors did't work too well on that one!), have been since I was a kid

But I am really getting into College football and am proud to be in the land of the Vols! So excited for the season to start!!

Maybe I can host a ame at the new place!!

Old 08-28-2008, 04:13 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,268 times
Mystic, you are so right, its serious business up here, I do cheer for TN except when they play FL, just love Tim Tebow, I probably would give up the Gators if it werent for Tim

I have to find someplace that has several TV's that has the football ticket and where I can go watch the Dolphins when they play, if anyone knows let me know, not a Bar please, sports bar would be okay if its a nice one.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:00 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,518 times

Old 08-28-2008, 08:33 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post

I have season tickets to Maryville High School football. Tomorrow night is Maryville vs Alcoa! MHS hasn't lost a game in 4 years but I am actually worried about tomorrow night. Our Maryville Rebels flag is flying at our house. The seniors are all tailgating tomorrow. I can't wait to see everybody there!

I went to Neyland Stadium last night to a function in the West Skybox. Football is definitely in the air! I bought a new necklace and straw sun hat for next Saturday! Gosh, I love wearing funky orange stuff!

And one of my favorite songs this time of year. I can't think of TN football without thinking of John Ward. Sing it Kenny.

YouTube - Kenny Chesney- Touchdown Tennessee

Old 08-28-2008, 09:41 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,132,290 times
Terrific necklace and hat, SMG. I am sure the VOLS will play as good as you look!! They all beg you to sit on the back of a convertible!

I bought an orange sweater today - just in case . . .

Look for me up in the nosebleed section. That is if I can talk one of the kids into selling his ticket.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:04 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
Hik - you will have a ball I am sure decorating your house for the holidays. I can just picture Halloween at your place. What a great yard and setting for that. And we already talked about Christmas; you have the perfect Christmas tree window!

Old 08-29-2008, 07:05 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,314,459 times
My personal favorite TN football song.

YouTube - Rocky Top
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville