Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 10:35 AM

811 posts, read 2,010,450 times

Advertisements

You know Pam, now that you mention the mules, it is QUITE ironic that this would happen the same day as we were just talking about it, LOL--nope, not fixed yet, still using another connection. Getting ready to check it again in a few.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:40 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
You know Pam, now that you mention the mules, it is QUITE ironic that this would happen the same day as we were just talking about it, LOL--nope, not fixed yet, still using another connection. Getting ready to check it again in a few.
Mystic- In another life I was once known as the Great Crespin! But I choose another career in this life... as retirement suits Bill and I. HeeHee- hope it gets fixed soon or they feed those mules.
Pam

Old 11-07-2008, 11:47 AM

well it's "fixed" for now. Usually I don't get worked up about too much but after 6, YES, 6 hours on the phone between billing issues and TS, I was so fed up that when I called for an update an hour ago and she said "maybe by 11pm tonight" I just lost it, I was crying...it was pretty pathetic! It bothered me so badly because I HAVE TO have internet and phone for my JOB. Not just because, but for my work. The manager told me to go sit an McDonalds and use Wifi. Seriously? I can't do that, I need a PHONE--and I work 8pm to 7am....um, not really the time I want to be sitting in McDonalds anyway. After I got off the phone, 10 min later it was working. I really hope it stays.

And, I fell down my steps late last night which re-injured my hip and now it is all swollen up. My 10 (or so) steps downstairs feel like 100. Bleh.

BUT BUT BUT.......

I LIVE IN E. TN now....and somehow, that makes a lot of it not so bad.
I love it here.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:20 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times
Just a reminder for anyone that might be planning to order the PPV UT game for tomorrow!! I just called to order mine and if you do it today it is only $24.95! If you wait until tomorrow it will cost $29.95!!

Old 11-07-2008, 02:27 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
Mystic- You do love it here in East Tn. and remember when bad things like falls and loss of internet happen, they could happen anywhere in the US, even in remote parts of the Pa. mountains and the mules could really be busy or the guy really was never heard from again. Perspective is an important direction to face and one never wants to be facing the wrong way.
Take it all in stride and remember that those mules have to eat and sleep sometime and as long as there is a supply of willing guys to go look in those remote areas in the Pa. mountains, it always gets better, ya know?
Sorry about your hip, hope it feels better soon. I am sending good vibes and good Karma your way!
Pam

Old 11-07-2008, 03:59 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,062 times
Bebette, nothing personal but I will wait for the new TN season and coach, the rest of this year is already too late and just a formality, I do though get to see Florida tomorrow night and its free

Old 11-07-2008, 04:22 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Bebette, nothing personal but I will wait for the new TN season and coach, the rest of this year is already too late and just a formality, I do though get to see Florida tomorrow night and its free

Hey Gailli!! I have just always been one of those folks that stick with things through the good and the bad, so I still wear the Orange proudly and though we would prefer to watch the game for free, we will pay because we are proud to be VOLS!!! And we are really excited to see how our brand new Lady VOLS are going to do this year!!!

Hope your FL team does good for you.....but I'm sure they will with a great guy like Tebow!!

Wish we could be there tomorrow for the get-together, but please don't stop having them, because I know that we had a great time and there are many more people moving into the Knoxville area that I am sure will really appreciate the opportunity to meet the folks from C-D!!!! This is a great bunch, IMHO!!

Old 11-07-2008, 04:37 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Yup my blood still runs orange even with all the disappointment but.......I love the Lady Vols, better than football. Plan on having those season tickets when I get there (soon?).

Old 11-07-2008, 05:15 PM

thanks Pam...

Bebette, thank you for the sweet message. My hip IS sore, but I 'll be okay, I'm sure at least Hubby is home this weekend so in between work, I can lie down with the heating pad. Just may have to bite the bullet and go to the doctor...lots of med issues I should be going for anyway...

Old 11-07-2008, 05:55 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,062 times
Oh, I will be there for the Lady Vols thats for sure, guess I havent lived here long enough to change my loyalty yet, I'm sure once Tebow is gone I will be all Orange but right now my heart is still with the Gators, it will be hard too because the next quarterback of the Gators Brantley is a friend of my Grandaughters who went to school with him.

We will still have the get togethers as long as there as people interested in coming, its fun meeting everyone thats for sure, we will miss you Bebette but cheer on the Vol's for us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville