Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 02:36 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times

Advertisements

Don't know why all of you in beautiful knoxville are so quiet here lately, are you out looking at the wonderful scenary???

Hyi there Mystic, Pam, Fall & Hik

Old 11-06-2008, 03:52 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
Oh, painter, you can count on me to sit in front of the computer and be bewildered. This has been the best year of my life, and quite frankly, I have no idea what I am suppose to do about that. No kidding.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:28 PM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
Hik, I know what you mean, this has been a great year and only pray the next is just as good, life is great here in East Tennessee isnt it

Old 11-06-2008, 07:31 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Hik, I know what you mean, this has been a great year and only pray the next is just as good, life is great here in East Tennessee isnt it
Oh, thank you, gailli! It is, isn't it? I guess I'm suppose to just enjoy this.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:27 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times
Gailli and Hik- Theres no place like home! East Tn. is a great place to live.
Painter- I think everyone has been quiet on the forum lately.
Mystic- Today was fun, we had a good time, how about you'ens?

Pam

Old 11-06-2008, 09:49 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,141,657 times
Default Be quiet no more, Knoxville!

What a funny conversation!! May it get clamorous here on the Knoxville forum tomorrow!!

Just wanted to check in and thank you all for the sweet messages some of you have left for me. I really feel so touched that some are thinking of me.

All is going according to plan here. I am getting so much done. Some days I don't even turn my computer on.

I have been doing some volunteer work picking up the reading level here in GA and have been giving more time to my congregation which means so much to me. So, all is well.

I see, Hik, that you are still happy and enamored with the new house, the neighborhood and life in general. I am so thrilled to know that.

Painter, mystic, fall, Pam, Bones, gailli, SMG, GBH and Em and all others, enjoy the beautiful surroundings (Well, painter - imagine their beautiful surroundings). DH and I drove up to Talluelah Gorge in N. GA on Monday and just oooed and ahhhed the whole trip. What a gorgeous part of the country we all live in!!

Now that the elections are over, everyone is probably sleeping it off. The adrenaline is on "empty" and we need a respite. So, don't worry, mystic, I am sure that things will pick up in a day or so. They always do, don't they!!

I love you all, miss chatting with you, but will be keeping my eye on y'all until I can get back here! Take care, friends. And, keep making beautiful music together.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:21 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,957,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
DH and I drove up to Talluelah Gorge in N. GA on Monday and just oooed and ahhhed the whole trip. What a gorgeous part of the country we all live in!!
Wow - Talleulah Gorge - even the name sounds cool. I need a serious dose of patience. I hope TN will still be there when I can finally scoot out of NY

Old 11-07-2008, 07:39 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Wow - Talleulah Gorge - even the name sounds cool. I need a serious dose of patience. I hope TN will still be there when I can finally scoot out of NY
You and me both
My imagination is pretty good even if I have a failing memory! It is so good to hear everyone say life is good in E. TN, not many saying that about my lovely state of residence Not many even want to talk about what is going on here now.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 AM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
Pam, we had a really good time. Just adore you'ens!

I spent 4 hours.....YES, 4 hours on the phone with the phone company yesterday afternoon, because they messed up my bill and told me basically "too bad" that someone gave me the wrong info. Then I was given a fake "complaints" number....oooohhh...I am ticked. THEN I lose internet connection strangely enough about halfway through this all, and it STILL isn't back yet--I am using a different connection now, but I can't use it for work tonight so I hope someone gets it straightened out soon.

I know, someone told me not to go with this place but it was already set up and with needing this stuff for work, it was a little too late, PLUS we love our dish service....AND the cable downstairs does not work for internet/phone....ehhhh....what to do....it's a mess....

Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times
Howdy Knoxville and out of town buddies,
It is just after noon and I just got my turn on the computer, can you believe that????
Painter and Piperspal- We'll all be here as well as Tn. when ya'll get here! Well I'll be here anyway as I am done moving, I'm planted right here in East Knox.
Mystic, Did you get a solution to your problem with the phone company yet? Are those mules busy??!!
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville