Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2008, 06:25 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,539,442 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to stop in and say good night to everyone~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sweet dreams!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:34 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,684,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
The shelter is packed full of people that are adopting.

We went on a Friday night and it was packed. We tried to get a German Shepherd, but we said we were undecided and someone else stepped in.

Then we went on Labor Day and it was really crowded, again. When we saw Harvey we had to stand by his door so that no one would cut in front of us and get him.

It was amazing.
That is heart warming news, Hik, that so many East Tennesseans would consider adopting from a shelter. I assure you it is not like that here in Central FL. The local ASPC does their best to keep all animals but we know that isn't always the case. I do know that the Volusia Country shelter in NSB is a no kill shelter.

Thanks for sharing this bit of positive information.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:41 PM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
What She ^^^^ said! In MD it is not that way either, and it is really sad! So glad to hear there are so many willing to adopt here!

Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,539,442 times
~~~~~~~~~~Have a very great day!!!!

Old 09-09-2008, 07:50 AM

74 posts, read 174,109 times
Hi everyone,

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? We had a mega garage sale here this past wkend in Evergreen Subdivision at least 20 homes were involved so everything turned out good.

Mysticfire0213 - your new puppy is adorable- looks more liked a lab than beagle - the lab's are wonderful dogs I have one too. Best of luck so glad to hear people are adopting the homeless animals I can't get another one but, do contribute to a few shelters for the homeless animals.

Ksurvivor

Hope your interview goes great and you get the job.

Fallfanatic - still love your pictures especially animals and angels - sorry I haven't been on to let you know but, with falling and fracturing my foot -now I need knee surgery ,sometime this yr but, doing great now.

Gemkeeper

Just wanted to say hi and glad you are feeling much better and thank you for the DM.

Gailli

Thanks for always being there for me when I email you I'm so glad to have met you and everyone on the forum.

Tn405

Keep in touch and let me know how your daughter is doing and thanks for calling me.

Sorry I don't get on everyday but,I checked in from time to time and hope everyone is well. Tnsr

Old 09-09-2008, 08:07 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,335,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
What She ^^^^ said! In MD it is not that way either, and it is really sad! So glad to hear there are so many willing to adopt here!
This is a good thing. However you need to realize that there are a lot of cities/towns in East TN that do not allow pet stores to sell dogs or cats, you have to adopt or buy from a breeder. Here in the Tri-Citites they are trying to pass a law that if you do not have a license to be a breeder you must have your pet spay or neutered. I don't know about y'all but I could not afford a grand or more for a dog and personally I wouldn't want a lot of "pure breads" I prefer a nice mixed mutt.
I think it is a good thing that the way to get a pet in E.TN is to adopt one that needs a home.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 AM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
This is a good thing. However you need to realize that there are a lot of cities/towns in East TN that do not allow pet stores to sell dogs or cats, you have to adopt or buy from a breeder. Here in the Tri-Citites they are trying to pass a law that if you do not have a license to be a breeder you must have your pet spay or neutered. I don't know about y'all but I could not afford a grand or more for a dog and personally I wouldn't want a lot of "pure breads" I prefer a nice mixed mutt.
I think it is a good thing that the way to get a pet in E.TN is to adopt one that needs a home.

I agree 100%--we will never own another purebred--we love mutts as well. I also would not go into a pet store and buy over going into a shelter or rescuing one before it gets to a shelter--I would not argue with them banning the sale of dogs and cats at a pet store and requiring breeders to be licenced.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:28 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
personally I would love to see a ban on pet stores selling pups and kittens. Years ago a couple of the major stores were investigated because the pups were coming from puppy mills. Those pups were from some horrible horrible places where the "breeders" should have been put in those cages. The thing about being a licensed breeder is the cost is not much, they probably will not verify or monitor the so called breeders or the the conditions of the kennels. I could never understand why anyone would purchase from the stores when you can go to shelters or breeders direct.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:50 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times
Howdy Knoxville!
Well I haven't been on for a few days, glad to see all the good news postings and happy times with puppies! Mystic, Rex is adorable, enjoy these days of puppy kisses and puppy breath!

Gailli, I am glad your news wasn't dire for DH. Diet and excersise can help so much!

TennSr. glad to see you popped in to say hi.

KSurvivor, positive vibes coming your way. You'll knock their socks off at the interview!

Ok, I have news of my own to share......
We got approved for the apartment in East town! We are hoping to move back home on September 17th. This weekend Bill is holding a yard sale to sell off all his woodworking equipment, so we can afford to move back home. Sunday night, I ended up in the ER with a painful Sciatic nerve that wasn't cooperating. So I pop the steroids to calm the nerve, then pop a Vicadan and out go the lights, what a way to breeze threw the waiting time to move back home!
Pam

Last edited by Pam& Bill; 09-09-2008 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: typos....

Old 09-09-2008, 10:00 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Howdy Knoxville!
Well I haven't been on for a few days, glad to see all the good news postings and happy times with puppies! Mystic, Rex is adorable, enjoy these days of puppy kisses and puppy breath!

Gailli, I am glad your news wasn't dire for DH. Diet and excersise can help so much!

TennSr. glad to see you popped in to say hi.

KSurvivor, positive vibes coming your way. You'll knock their socks off at the interview!

Ok, I have news of my own to share......
We got approved for the apartment in East town! We are hoping to move back home on September 17th. This weekend Bill is holding a yard sale to sell off all his woodworking equipment, so we can afford to move back home. Sunday night, I ended up in the ER with a painful Sciatic nerve that wasn't cooperating. So I pop the steroids to calm the nerve, then pop a Vicadan and out go the lights, what a way to breeze threw the waiting time to move back home!
Pam
Wow! Great news!!!!

You sound like me. Remember the BIG orange pills?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville