Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 06:57 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,275 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone, Figured I would check in and see who all is shoe shopping.
Bebette, See why Borne is all I buy, love love them. T. Maxx is a good place to find them, they are usually $30 and under. I have many pairs. My latest look like the bowling shoes, ugly but oh so comfy! What did they say is wrong with your shoulder?
Piper, Good luck in the home shopping! My opinion, well Knoxville is cleaner than Chattanooga and friendlier. Use to work in Chatn. twice a week when I had an office there yrs ago.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:39 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,229,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Bebette, See why Borne is all I buy, love love them. T. Maxx is a good place to find them, they are usually $30 and under. I have many pairs. My latest look like the bowling shoes, ugly but oh so comfy!
OMG Painter, you are able to find Born shoes for $30 and under?????? I can never find them on sale and the prices I find START at about $75!!! I've never heard of T. Maxx but will definitely check to see if they have a store around Knoxville!!! I would be in heaven if I could find them at that price!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:13 AM

811 posts, read 2,011,646 times
Bebette-I think there is a TJ Maxx off Clinton Hwy next to the Home Depot almost into Karns (it's about 3 min from my house)

I will have to check and see if that's defnitiely what it is, but I am pretty sure. May be worth the drive if the discounts are THAT good!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Bebette-I think there is a TJ Maxx off Clinton Hwy next to the Home Depot almost into Karns (it's about 3 min from my house)

I will have to check and see if that's defnitiely what it is, but I am pretty sure. May be worth the drive if the discounts are THAT good!
Thanks mystic!! Actually I didn't realize that she meant TJ Maxx, so if that's the store, then I've definitely heard of it and you are right, it will definitely be worth the trip!!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:58 AM

204 posts, read 581,183 times
TJ Maxx west knoxville on Kingston by the mall. I need to go shoe shopping with you guys I don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn405 View Post
TJ Maxx west knoxville on Kingston by the mall. I need to go shoe shopping with you guys I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
OMG TN405, they are the UGLIEST shoes, but the most comfortable I have ever worn. They are shaped like your foot and are like wearing slippers!! We'll definitely have to plan a shoe shopping trip!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 10:36 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,352,793 times
Piper- Why Chatt?
BeBette- I'm trying to find the number and name of the Orthopedic surgeon I saw. I have a friend who is a Orthopedic Dr. in NY, he was impressed with this guys recommendations for my ripped ACL.
Shoe shopping... I miss that. Born shoes cannot be uglier then the pair of Ortho shoes I have to wear now. Think Frankenstien shoes or old lady shoes.
Whats everyone plans for New Years? We are goiong to watch 12 hours of the Directers cut of the Godfather and then top it all off with a pan of Lasagne. Poor Bill has been waiting to watch The Godfather directers cut for 3 years now. LOL I thought it would be something different to do on New Years.Except I can't fall asleep... I always fall asleep during movies.
Happy New Years everyone!
Pam

Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,957,049 times
Pam - I'm interested in seeing if Chattanooga is really hopping as someone here in NY recently told me. It keeps coming up in my searches when I'm looking for "main street" retail bldgs for sale. I have a feeling Knoxville will still win out; but I want to see as much as I can of the area so I'll know I chose wisely. My budget is tight, and Knox is sort of my cut-off point. (anything is better than these NY taxes - I'm smothering!)

I have on a well-worn pair of Born shoes right now! They also make cute summer slides - feminine but still comfy. If you like Born shoes, you'd probably like Keene as well.

OK, time for me to stop playing hooky! I have house guests due from North Carolina in about 4 hours. EEK!!

Old 12-30-2008, 05:26 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,326,725 times
Good to hear that our forum is well-liked!

I was in Chatt in 2005 and it was beautiful. It use to be dirty. The people were not as nice, though, by any means. I deal with a lot of people throughout the region and beyond. Chatt is not one of my favorite places, nor is it any of my co-workers.

I give thanks every day that I did not move to Chatt.

We are going to make flaming cheese tomorrow night. I will probably be out cold by 9 p.m., though. I am going to try and stay up.

My feet have been swollen for about a year, so I buy shoes but then I can't wear them. I have a beautiful pair of thigh-high Fryes but I can't get them on.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:00 PM

780 posts, read 1,767,055 times
Default TJ Maxx

TJ Maxx and Marshalls which is owned by TJ Maxx are my favorite stores. I go to the TJ Maxx out on Kingston and to the Home Goods a few doors down(also owned by TJ Maxx)and there is a TJ in Maryville at the Mall and also one in Pigeon Forge. Marshalls is also out Kingston Pike and also one by East Town Mall. You can find just about anything if you go a lot, I got some terrific Ed Hardy(for those of you that know what I'm referring to)deals, got an Ed Hardy hat right before Christmas for my Grandaughter for $20, same hat was $90 at Dillards. I even found some other Ed Hardy stuff at unbelievable prices and also some Waterford glasses for dirt cheap. I will look next time I go for the "ugly" shoes you are talking about

Had lunch with Suzanne today and her DH and then went to see their new home which is really lovely, a beautiful home, made me kind of envious but then again I really dont want to own again, dont want the upkeep and all, too much on my hubby as he is 8 yrs older than me and just not able to do it all any more, I like picking up the phone and calling matenaince and having yard service that I dont pay for, not to mention my townhome is quite large, about 1600 sq ft which is really more than the two of us need but we like the guest room. Guess I can enjoy other peoples houses and smile when they have all the upkeep to do, lol, but in all seriousness they have a beautiful home and still has that "new" house smell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville