Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 06:44 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,069 times

Advertisements

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Have a beautiful day today!!!

Old 09-14-2008, 05:14 PM

Good night my friends~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sleep well!!!

Old 09-14-2008, 05:25 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Gaili, it is GREAT to be back!! I sure missed all of my C-D friends!! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Hope you get a great night's sleep and that you wake feeling great tomorrow!!

Suzanne, you definitely need to enjoy the weather if there's no humidity.....that doesn't happen often in FL!! LOL Jim and I are absolutely loving the weather in East TN......even when we have humidity, it's not like the humidity in FL.......and WE LOVE IT!!! Have I mentioned that I don't miss living in Florida AT ALL?????

I thought that moving to TN meant I wouldn't have to worry about hurricanes anymore.....NOT!!! My son and his new wife and children living just outside of Houston and I haven't been able to reach them......AND, my 10 year old grandson that visited me this summer, lives north of Houston, close to Lufkin and Ike was still a hurricane when it went over them - and I haven't been able to reach him either!! I drove hubby crazy during the VOLS game as I was switching back and forth between the game and the weather channel!!

Hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing weekend!!
Bebette, I hope by now you have heard from your son and family. We hope and pray for the best for them.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
What good news, Pam!!
I love this time of year as summer passes slowly out and fall creeps in. It is wonderful in the morning to take the dog out for her first, ahem, and feel that cool, fresh air (until the dog does her first, ahem!). It really puts everyone in the mood for football games, bonfires with marshmallows, and full moons turned golden in the chilly evening sky.

I hope everyone has a peaceful and happy Sunday. I will be off to Sunday services for a few hours, but will drop in to visit sometime. I want to hear all good news, got it?

What we wouldn't give for 50s and 60s here in FL! Maybe October will be kind to us.

Was Ike kind to your family? Seems like almost noone is TX escaped Ike's fury except perhaps the far western side of the state.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:54 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
Bebette, I hope by now you have heard from your son and family. We hope and pray for the best for them.
My son and his family in Spring, TX are fine, however they have no electricity and no phone service. They have spotty service on one cell phone at the moment!

I have tried since yesterday to reach my grandson in Huntington, TX and their phone still isn't working!! I will continue to worry until I know that they are ok!!

Thank you to all of you for your prayers!!

Gem, isn't your son and his family in the El Paso area? Did the storm reach them? I'm sure they must have felt something.......we had a windy day here in East TN - which I assume is residual winds from Ike!! That was one BIG storm!!!

Hope everyone is ready for a wonderful week!

Gaili, are you feeling any better today?

Old 09-14-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
My son and his family in Spring, TX are fine, however they have no electricity and no phone service. They have spotty service on one cell phone at the moment!

I have tried since yesterday to reach my grandson in Huntington, TX and their phone still isn't working!! I will continue to worry until I know that they are ok!!

Gem, isn't your son and his family in the El Paso area? Did the storm reach them? I'm sure they must have felt something.......we had a windy day here in East TN - which I assume is residual winds from Ike!! That was one BIG storm!!!

What great news regarding your son! We'll keep your grandson in our thoughts and prayers.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:06 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
What we wouldn't give for 50s and 60s here in FL! Maybe October will be kind to us.

Was Ike kind to your family? Seems like almost noone is TX escaped Ike's fury except perhaps the far western side of the state.
Quote:

Thank you, Suzanne and Bebette for thinking of our son and his family. El Paso is about 800 miles from the Houston area (hard to imagine in one state!), but they did get some thunderstorms out of Ike - nothing serious. In fact, considering the fact that they are smack dab in the desert, a good thunderstorm green up what little vegetation that manages to grow there. They are about 45 mins. from White Sands, which is entirely desert with no vegetation. The mountains are beautiful there, however, a real eye treat.

Bebette, I sure hope that the power isn't out for the couple of weeks that some reporters are suggesting. What an amazing force of nature to put a couple of million people in the dark. They won't even be able to charge their cell phone unless the car battery can provide them with the juice to do that little bit.

I am still flabbergasted that so many choose to stay in Galveston. I suppose they were hoping that it just wouldn't be as bad as they warned folks it would be.

Gailli, I hope you are doing better today, also. I find that when I am having one of those yucky times it is just better to do nothing - not even the internet!

I hope that everyone has had a restful, peaceful and happy Sunday. I am sorry to say that the workweek starts again in the morning for many. But, happy us!! We still manage to stay in touch all day and most of the evening.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:08 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,904 times
Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for the concern. I feel a little better but I see my Primary Dr on Wed and hope he can find a reason, then again I hope he doesntI know a lot of it is my weight, have been dieting but cant lose a lb, thyroid is acting up again I think, so hopefully he can refer me to an Endocrinologist and I can get it under control,, when its acting up I am just exhausted all the time and I gain weight, it causes heart to act up also.

Bebette glad you heard from your son, I'm sure you will hear soon from your Grandson. I know they say power will be out for some up to 4 weeks, in this hot weather it must be pretty miserable for all those people in TX and LA, I feel so bad for them, my heart goes out to all involved.

Well, goodnite all, eye Dr in the morning and I will see how well the surgery was, eye test will hopefully be 20/20 or close to it.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:19 AM

~~~~~~~~~~I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!!!!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:08 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Exclamation Please share a contact number or name with a C-D friend.

Hello, everyone. We are off to a nice start today in the gemkeeper household. The dog got a BATH! What a great day this will be with my nose able to pick up the scents of GOOD things - not doggy things!

So many of us are regular posters here and have become good cyber-friends and in some cases, up-close-and-personal friends. I just want to throw a suggestion out there and you can take it or leave it.

A close friend member in another forum was missing for almost two weeks without a word. She would normally post 15-20 times a day without missing a day.

Needless to say, this created a lot of concern and finally, fear for her safety. No one had a last name, hometown, or phone number. The administration was at a loss to help, also.

I'd like to suggest that each one of us exchange a phone number or a way of contacting another trusted member (not an email as you may just be suffering from a dead computer!). We all value our privacy, but if one of us is not heard from for several days or weeks, it is comforting to know that someone knows how to contact us to be sure that all is well.

In almost all situations it is just a benign situation with a member on vacation, sick with the flu, or taking a break. But, there may be a time that there has been an accident or serious illness and we would all like to know to offer prayers and support.

I have shared my personal information with a couple of members and ask that you, if you so desire, share your contact number or family member with another C-D friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville