Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2019, 05:54 PM

267 posts, read 158,660 times

Advertisements

...............................CRICKETS......................................:sma ck:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 07:48 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,481,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmouse View Post
...............................CRICKETS......................................:sma ck:

Independence has had crickets for many years. There is strong evidence that they were here long before the European settlers infiltrated the area. However, I don't think I have any photos proving that.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:36 PM

So, there IS someone here besides me! I was beginning to feel very neglected......

Old 02-22-2019, 07:37 AM

From The Examiner, January 10, 1963:
A search was to continue today for a pistol possibly used in the 1960 slaying of Mrs. Patricia Jones, 22, after police and firemen cut into the walls of a vacant house Wednesday night and early today.
The house, located at 300 S Fuller, is owned by Mrs. Elizabeth Hefflon, grandmother of Mrs. Sharon Kinne.
Mrs. Kinne was found not guilty in connection with the murder of Mrs. Jones, whose body was discovered in May, 1960 in a lovers' lane near 39th & Phelps Road.
She is now serving a life sentence for the murder of James Kinne, her husband, at the Missouri Women's penitentiary at Tipton...

The gun was not found. After the first search someone decided they needed a warrant, even though the owner signed a waiver allowing them to search, which a judge refused to issue. Sharon had written a friend a letter from prison, asking her to retrieve the gun and destroy it. She went to the police instead. Later Sharon was released from prison on a technicality. She retrieved the gun and fled the area. Later she used that gun to kill a man in Mexico.

For more on the whole sordid affair go to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Kinne

Old 02-22-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthonie View Post
A search was to continue today for a pistol possibly used in the 1960 slaying of Mrs. Patricia Jones, 22, after police and firemen cut into the walls of a vacant house Wednesday night and early today.
The house, located at 300 S Fuller, is owned by Mrs. Elizabeth Hefflon, grandmother of Mrs. Sharon Kinne.
Mrs. Kinne was found not guilty in connection with the murder of Mrs. Jones, whose body was discovered in May, 1960 in a lovers' lane near 39th & Phelps Road.
She is now serving a life sentence for the murder of James Kinne, her husband, at the Missouri Women's penitentiary at Tipton...

The gun was not found. After the first search someone decided they needed a warrant, even though the owner signed a waiver allowing them to search, which a judge refused to issue. Sharon had written a friend a letter from prison, asking her to retrieve the gun and destroy it. She went to the police instead. Later Sharon was released from prison on a technicality. She retrieved the gun and fled the area. Later she used that gun to kill a man in Mexico.

I remember that happening, although I was only 10 at the time.....

Old 02-22-2019, 11:15 PM

908 posts, read 726,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthonie View Post

My father worked at Bendix on Bannister at that time and so did James Kinne. He rode to work with my father. Nice man.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:47 AM

OK, enough of this serious stuff......now, what about the CRYSLER PILLAR? Won't anybody put me out of this mental misery?

Old 02-26-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
OK, enough of this serious stuff......now, what about the CRYSLER PILLAR? Won't anybody put me out of this mental misery?

Have you stopped and physically examined it for clues? Knock on a few doors of houses around it and ask if they know.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:10 AM

Are you kidding? That would require effort on my part!

Perhaps you give me too much credit........

Old 03-04-2019, 11:14 PM

908 posts, read 726,348 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? That would require effort on my part!

Perhaps you give me too much credit........
Hey! I went a took the photo. Woof!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City