Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of Indianapolis?
been there loved IT!! 117 38.87%
been there it was okay 126 41.86%
been there and would never go BACK! 58 19.27%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 PM

261 posts, read 500,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymoody View Post
In 2006 Indy had 140 murders, the next closest year was 2008 with 114. Indy has never had 150 murders.

Indy had 153 in 06. It's highest ever was 162 in 1998.

No comfort zone | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 03:41 PM

168 posts, read 307,830 times
i would like better public trans or a layout more acceptable for non motorized trans. i live 5 min from lucas oil stadium and i wouldnt even consider using a bike for trans. the cost of living isnt terrible but the jobs dont pay a lot either. im in the heart of downtown, and my wife and i frequently talk of moving to a different state. we also make it a point to avoid anything involving the east side. on the flip side, the colts are a respectable team that doesnt put up with troublemakers on their team. greenwood is nice for shopping. the track is nice too.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:11 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccornewell View Post
i would like better public trans or a layout more acceptable for non motorized trans. i live 5 min from lucas oil stadium and i wouldnt even consider using a bike for trans.
If you don't mind me asking, why not?

Old 01-20-2011, 04:42 PM
REM

368 posts, read 994,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
Boring, fascist (no, really. Whatever the Colts, Eli Lilly, or any other company want, they get), bland. No delis or markets. Snoozer downtown. Vast swaths of Marion County are war zones. Crime is rampant. They worship cops and authority. The roads suck. They made the place in the middle of nowhere, and they still couldn't build the city on a grid. Many, many, of the roads are one lane in each direction - see Allisonville, Westfield,
Spring Mill, Ditch, Township Line, blah, blah, blah. The place has little charm, Lockerbie and Zionsville are about it. There is no reason to visit another side of town, as all four sides are copies of each other, Red Lobster, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc. The city runs from any local establishment and only trusts its chain food.

Dull, dull, dull. The entire city revolves around the Colts.

"Who dat?" Colts fans.

If you must go to Indy, go here: Zydeco's 317-834-3900 Mooresville, Indiana
Does this idiot still post here? cause i got a few words.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:44 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
no

Old 01-20-2011, 05:59 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,604,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
Does this idiot still post here? cause i got a few words.
I'm so glad he's done here. He was so annoying considering he hated absolutely everything about everything.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:13 PM
REM

368 posts, read 994,861 times
I'm mean how absent minded can you be to actually say indianapolis isn't on a grid, I can easly name 30 streets that are based on a grid here.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:23 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
I'm mean how absent minded can you be to actually say indianapolis isn't on a grid, I can easly name 30 streets that are based on a grid here.
I learned early on that it wasn't his .357 that was smoking.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,513 times
Smile still getting to know it

I'm not originally from Indy. I moved here 10 years ago and I'm still getting to know the city.

I've been going to a lot of theatre and dance performances. Indy/ and surrounding communities have a strong art community. I'm loving it.

I appreciate having a NFL team here. Maybe next year Colts! We have the SuperBowl next year (hopefully). We have the Pacers, a hockey team, and car races.

Indy has a lot to offer so many diverse groups.

I wish it were more ethnically diverse though. I like different cultures that blend together.

Thanks for letting me share.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:04 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,075,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
If you don't mind me asking, why not?
I wouldn't use a bike because bike vs. car is either good (very minor damage to just the bike, car) or very bad (serious damage to not only the bike, but the rider). There are too many idiots driving cars (and a good % riding bikes at that) for me to want to ride a bike. The thing is, many bad car vs. bike crashes wouldn't be that bad if it was car vs. car. Too many distractions while driving anymore: It used to be the radio only, maybe fooling around with AC/heat controls. Now we have sat. radios, GPS devices, cell phones, and MP3 players. All these new distractions take much more focus than just a simple AM-FM radio and heat/AC switches.

I like the idea of bike paths, or wider sidewalks. Safer for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis